Grills and other food stuff

TheWraithPlayer

I found a grill in game and decided to keep it and stock up on charcoal, so that when the power ran out, I could cook as much meat as possible and it wouldn't go to waste. Here are some suggestions I have for Grills and BBQ

1. More BBQ food- barbecue sauce, ribs, etc.
  2. NO using them inside to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning and smoke inhalation.
  3. Some alterable factors, like with stoves. Not sure as to what those would be (I don't use a grill) but it would add something too it.

Other just general food things I have are here.

1. Cold packs should stay good for a while if kept cold. Once the power is out, they should be able to be used to keep food good fro a little while.
  2. Condiments- Tartar Sauce, Relish, etc.
  3. Seafood- currently the only 'seafood' in game is fish that you catch and canned tuna. My idea was stuff like store bought stuff(shellfish, various other ocean fish, etc.)
  4. Junk food- surprisingly there aren't some common junk foods in game. Cookies are non existent, and cakes and pies are only in slices, same with pizza, which would be found whole occasionally.

That's pretty much it for now. Let me know what you think, and as always, thanks for reading.

16 hours ago, TheWraithPlayer said:

I found a grill in game and decided to keep it and stock up on charcoal, so that when the power ran out, I could cook as much meat as possible and it wouldn't go to waste. Here are some suggestions I have for Grills and BBQ

1. More BBQ food- barbecue sauce, ribs, etc.
  2. NO using them inside to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning and smoke inhalation.
  3. Some alterable factors, like with stoves. Not sure as to what those would be (I don't use a grill) but it would add something too it.

Other just general food things I have are here.

1. Cold packs should stay good for a while if kept cold. Once the power is out, they should be able to be used to keep food good fro a little while.
  2. Condiments- Tartar Sauce, Relish, etc.
  3. Seafood- currently the only 'seafood' in game is fish that you catch and canned tuna. My idea was stuff like store bought stuff(shellfish, various other ocean fish, etc.)
  4. Junk food- surprisingly there aren't some common junk foods in game. Cookies are non existent, and cakes and pies are only in slices, same with pizza, which would be found whole occasionally.

That's pretty much it for now. Let me know what you think, and as always, thanks for reading.

I'd like to share my two cents on these suggestions.

1. Indifferent. Could be used for player-made parties in mp, but other than that, it wouldn't add too much to the game I would care about.

2. I would say let them do it indoors, but add moodles that show your character getting lightheaded and let you know that remaining in there will give permanent nerfs to your character's stamina and endurance. Also, maybe have a chance of it catching fire indoors. If you've ever started a grill, you know the flames are pretty intense at first. Perhaps make them have a chance to burn the floor around, and above.

3. I don't understand what you're saying in this point.

- - - - - - - - - -

1. If you've ever brought cold packs anywhere to pack a lunch, you know it lasts a day TOPS depending on the quality of the pack. While it could buy you the time needed to get a generator in place if you were only just able to use it right before the power goes out, it would not be a viable solution in the long-term.

2. That would be pretty cool.

3. Indifferent. Wait.. There's salmon too, but yeah, I don't mind them adding more, or not.

4. That depends on what you consider junk food. There's already chocolate, hamburgers, TV Dinners, etc. More food couldn't hurt, but honestly, I'm mostly indifferent to adding different types of food. Whole cakes, pies, and pizza would be nice. They could make it like watermelon where you can cut it if you have the right knife, and get 8 slices out of it. I don't recall seeing pizza at all in-game, not even by the slice, but I might have seen it a long time ago if I did. I have like 250 hours on the game. Pizza would be a good idea to add to the diners around the map. Whole cakes and pies could be added to the freezers at small food markets and such.

I would like to see more BBQ things as well, most notably skewers. You can put all sorts of veggies and meats on skewers and they could take a tiny portion of the "nutrition" value of a food item. So you can make quite a few skewers from a variety of foods.

"Upgrading" a campfire to be a "Makeshift BBQ" would be a neat thing too. I know we can cook on a campfire but adding things like a grill and adding stones to make a more efficient campfire would be great. Maybe lessen times before "burnt" status and maybe extend fuel times since it would be more permanent.

On 4/28/2017 at 2:51 PM, Damien Darkside said:

I would like to see more BBQ things as well, most notably skewers. You can put all sorts of veggies and meats on skewers and they could take a tiny portion of the "nutrition" value of a food item. So you can make quite a few skewers from a variety of foods.

"Upgrading" a campfire to be a "Makeshift BBQ" would be a neat thing too. I know we can cook on a campfire but adding things like a grill and adding stones to make a more efficient campfire would be great. Maybe lessen times before "burnt" status and maybe extend fuel times since it would be more permanent.

Skewers would be cool! Though I've never really used them, I've always liked this game's stir fry and meal, salad, and meal mechanics. I'm not sure how you could upgrade a campfire to make a makeshift BBQ. That would be kinda easy. In real life, wouldn't that just be a small post made of sticks for placing the food on? As for the burnt status, I've always found it weird that they had no space in between cooked and burning. Maybe after cooking, there should be a smaller section where the food is in between cooked and burning, and once THAT fills up, then it starts burning.

• 2 weeks later...

Good idea :)

There could also be a possibility to make coal with wood, or even use wood in a grill.

A new item type could be available in certain markets : wood chips of different variety for flavor :D

On ‎2017‎-‎04‎-‎28 at 2:51 PM, Damien Darkside said:

Oh yeah, we definitely need a use for the stones and a home made barbecue pit is a great idea!