Project Zomboid for Consols

Syrax

I asked me if its possible that PZ is comming out fir PS4 and XBOX ONE. I thougt that its possible because you can play splitscreen with an controller at PC and its not bad!

I and my friends would be very happy if it could come out for PS4 and XBOX ONE!

27 minutes ago, Syrax said:

I asked me if its possible that PZ is comming out fir PS4 and XBOX ONE. I thougt that its possible because you can play splitscreen with an controller at PC and its not bad!

I and my friends would be very happy if it could come out for PS4 and XBOX ONE!

Unfortunately, that will not be happening soon, if ever. The developers have way too many things to do just to finish the game here on PC, and they said they plan on supporting it after that as well. If it were to ever happen, with the current pace of development, I would guess that work on console versions of the game would begin in the mid to late 2020's. Even then, it would probably require TIS to invest in hiring a third-party studio to port or rework much of the game to function on consoles, due to the small size of the team (relative to the industry standard) currently working on this already massive game. TIS have said they are financially stable, but I highly doubt they can afford to hire a third-party game development studio for the time needed to fully port or rework a game to work on consoles.  The UI would probably need a huge redesign as well, because, in my opinion, the game doesn't play very well with a controller. 

On 4/25/2017 at 9:45 PM, BayCon said:

Unfortunately, that will not be happening soon, if ever. The developers have way too many things to do just to finish the game here on PC, and they said they plan on supporting it after that as well. If it were to ever happen, with the current pace of development, I would guess that work on console versions of the game would begin in the mid to late 2020's. Even then, it would probably require TIS to invest in hiring a third-party studio to port or rework much of the game to function on consoles, due to the small size of the team (relative to the industry standard) currently working on this already massive game. TIS have said they are financially stable, but I highly doubt they can afford to hire a third-party game development studio for the time needed to fully port or rework a game to work on consoles.  The UI would probably need a huge redesign as well, because, in my opinion, the game doesn't play very well with a controller. 

It's a long shot, simply said. The PZ community, as it is, Is not huge anyways. A Ps4 or Xbox release would cost devs the time and money it takes to make a port for this game, and even if they did, it probably wouldn't sell that good. 

22 hours ago, JudasPriest said:

It's a long shot, simply said. The PZ community, as it is, Is not huge anyways. A Ps4 or Xbox release would cost devs the time and money it takes to make a port for this game, and even if they did, it probably wouldn't sell that good. 

Thanks for TL;DR-ing me. Anyone who knows me knows I don't usually try hard enough to make things concise. :-D

Archived