Hardware Store in WP - Full of Books?

EniracY

Hello!

Recently returned to PZ from Build 34/35 or so so apologies if this is already established.

I used one of the in-game maps (which are amazing) to find the shops and then found what I assume is a hardware store? Except it was full of books despite the shelves having paint and such on their sprites. Is this right?

I just want a screwdriver >.<

On 4/25/2017 at 0:18 PM, EniracY said:

Hello!

Recently returned to PZ from Build 34/35 or so so apologies if this is already established.

I used one of the in-game maps (which are amazing) to find the shops and then found what I assume is a hardware store? Except it was full of books despite the shelves having paint and such on their sprites. Is this right?

I just want a screwdriver >.<

2 hours ago, EniracY said:

I don't think so?

I was here: http://map.projectzomboid.com/?desc=Survival_1xL0#0.6580892223157184,0.16890680868126376,277.11340206185565

Where the 'Hardware store' bit is, with the metal shelves.

Your place is directly to the right of that, in between where you were, and the food market right next to it. I centered it in this link for you. :)

http://map.projectzomboid.com/?desc=Survival_1xL0#0.6585701284006154,0.16931240615802817,443.2983508245877

That's the only place I really go in WP for my base building tools anymore. It's usually harder to make a trip to any of the warehouses there worth your time. You sometimes have to fight through or sneak around a few hordes to even get inside, and even when you do, in my experience, there's just scraps. The hardware store usually has more loot than I can carry, and I have to choose what to grab and what to leave. Also, it's easier to wrap the hordes around nearby buildings like a lasso to buy me some time to loot the place. It's usually two axes (only for chopping and occasionally taking out zombies hugging each other's side, because those cannot safely be taken out with the knife or screwdriver's 1-hit kill. I never main an axe anymore.), 7 - 10 boxes of nails, batteries, random repair items, and so on until my character is completely full. I've usually found a saw and hammer by then. Yes, I know it's dangerous to swim in the hordes of West Point with a full load, but when you've been playing the game as long as I have, certain things become easy.

On 4/26/2017 at 7:44 AM, Paul Redeker said:

Next door to the Hardware store in WP is the Post Office.  Sure you are in the right place?

Hey Paul Redeker, i noticed your name and instantly thought of Paul Redeker from the book World war Z, is that you? Or is that just a coincidence. 

9 hours ago, BayCon said:

Your place is directly to the right of that, in between where you were, and the food market right next to it. I centered it in this link for you. :)

http://map.projectzomboid.com/?desc=Survival_1xL0#0.6585701284006154,0.16931240615802817,443.2983508245877

That's the only place I really go in WP for my base building tools anymore. It's usually harder to make a trip to any of the warehouses there worth your time. You sometimes have to fight through or sneak around a few hordes to even get inside, and even when you do, in my experience, there's just scraps. The hardware store usually has more loot than I can carry, and I have to choose what to grab and what to leave. Also, it's easier to wrap the hordes around nearby buildings like a lasso to buy me some time to loot the place. It's usually two axes (only for chopping and occasionally taking out zombies hugging each other's side, because those cannot safely be taken out with the knife or screwdriver's 1-hit kill. I never main an axe anymore.), 7 - 10 boxes of nails, batteries, random repair items, and so on until my character is completely full. I've usually found a saw and hammer by then. Yes, I know it's dangerous to swim in the hordes of West Point with a full load, but when you've been playing the game as long as I have, certain things become easy.

I see! I shall have another look, thank you :)

11 hours ago, JudasPriest said:

Hey Paul Redeker, i noticed your name and instantly thought of Paul Redeker from the book World war Z, is that you? Or is that just a coincidence. 

It's me.  But don't spread it around.  Otherwise players will scared to join my safe zones on the server!

Archived