Sledgy

JudasPriest

There's probably a million threads to cover this topic, and i may be spamming but i'm lazy so heres the problem. 

I've gone through every Hardware store and Warehouse, even the green house, Not finding a sledgy. IS the're any other place to find a sledgehammer in West point, or is it likely that i will have to pack my bags and Walk to Muldraugh? Any help is appreciated 

In West Point, your best bet to finding a sledgehammer after checking the obvious spots are garages. I've found many a needed tool, magazine, or supply item stored in a garage.

They can be difficult to loot given the large number of zombies in those high-density residential neighborhoods... But what other choice do you have?

27 minutes ago, FireOnAsphalt said:

In West Point, your best bet to finding a sledgehammer after checking the obvious spots are garages. I've found many a needed tool, magazine, or supply item stored in a garage.

They can be difficult to loot given the large number of zombies in those high-density residential neighborhoods... But what other choice do you have?

I took the risk and hauled ass to muldraugh, almost got overrun but luckily got out with that darn sledge.. 

8 hours ago, JudasPriest said:

I took the risk and hauled ass to muldraugh, almost got overrun but luckily got out with that darn sledge.. 

I'm currently in a playthrough in West Point where I ran into the issue of not finding any sledgehammers. However, I was running the "Survivors!" mod, and a dead NPC had one on him thank goodness. I'm glad too, because this house modification I've started wouldn't have been possible:

A6B78454DAEA60D97ADC5F8A7881A4ED383597A4 (1600×877)

Also, you traveled between cities in SP? I've only done that online and with other people because I've never felt like risking my playthroughs (which tend to be pretty long) on a journey that far.

Yeah, i think the trouble is westpoint - if you miss in the garages and the warehouse, ye best skedaddle to muldraugh as there are 4-5 facilities where you are likely to find one. this is a quirk of the map, i think. I also run lucky all the time because i dont want to miss out on the sledge (even though i sledge very little in an average game)

I've also been finding more sledges and axes in houses and random locations in the last version since thet addition of the annotated maps.

Alternatively, it occurs to me i almost never try to head to the mall from wp in this situation. I think next time I play I will do that.

8 hours ago, BayCon said:

I'm currently in a playthrough in West Point where I ran into the issue of not finding any sledgehammers. However, I was running the "Survivors!" mod, and a dead NPC had one on him thank goodness. I'm glad too, because this house modification I've started wouldn't have been possible:

A6B78454DAEA60D97ADC5F8A7881A4ED383597A4 (1600×877)

Also, you traveled between cities in SP? I've only done that online and with other people because I've never felt like risking my playthroughs (which tend to be pretty long) on a journey that far.

I was out of options, so i had to run to Muldraugh. It's not actually so bad, I packed Some food and essential medicine in case something happens, and pretty much nothing else. I went down the main road Straight to the north farm (Took me 18 hours or so to get there) and slept in the farm. As soon as i woke up i got up, and ran to the large warehouse (Which is ridiculously close) and found a sledge, and got the hell out of there and was at my base By dawn. It's not so bad when you get used to it, and know the routes. Fair warning: it IS pretty risky so if you don't find a sledge you will just have to cut your losses and look somewhere else. 

8 hours ago, thiosk said:

Yeah, i think the trouble is westpoint - if you miss in the garages and the warehouse, ye best skedaddle to muldraugh as there are 4-5 facilities where you are likely to find one. this is a quirk of the map, i think. I also run lucky all the time because i dont want to miss out on the sledge (even though i sledge very little in an average game)

I've also been finding more sledges and axes in houses and random locations in the last version since thet addition of the annotated maps.

Alternatively, it occurs to me i almost never try to head to the mall from wp in this situation. I think next time I play I will do that.

I haven't found a single annotated map, but I don't really need them anyway with the Survivors mod. Those were added in Build 37 right? I'm still on 36. Is 37 out for the IWBUMS branch?

6 hours ago, Damien Darkside said:

Hey man, have you considered using metal sheets for the barricades? I am sure they are much stronger than wood barricades. Might be good for the outside barricades then having wood on the inside. That is what I do.

I've seen metal sheets around, but I took such a long break from the game that when I came back, I pretty much became like an old person in terms of my playstyle. I just stuck with what's familiar. How do those work? What do I need to secure them onto my house (Are they the items that finally made use of screws)? Does having a high level in carpentry help with xp gains in metalworking?

16 hours ago, BayCon said:

I haven't found a single annotated map, but I don't really need them anyway with the Survivors mod. Those were added in Build 37 right? I'm still on 36. Is 37 out for the IWBUMS branch?

I've seen metal sheets around, but I took such a long break from the game that when I came back, I pretty much became like an old person in terms of my playstyle. I just stuck with what's familiar. How do those work? What do I need to secure them onto my house (Are they the items that finally made use of screws)? Does having a high level in carpentry help with xp gains in metalworking?

Annoted maps are a part of the most recent builds, you'll find them on zombie bodies.

You need a propane torch and a welding mask from what I know. Metalworking is a completely seperate skill. HOWEVER I know that in my modded game there are recipes that use both metalworking and carpentry. So I would assume it would later.

7 hours ago, Damien Darkside said:

Annoted maps are a part of the most recent builds, you'll find them on zombie bodies.

You need a propane torch and a welding mask from what I know. Metalworking is a completely seperate skill. HOWEVER I know that in my modded game there are recipes that use both metalworking and carpentry. So I would assume it would later.

Thanks! I guess annotated maps were still in the IWBUMS branch when you mentioned this. I've found two since Build 37.

6 hours ago, Damien Darkside said:

I am always on IWBUMS because I ALWAYS NEED CONTENT.

I understand that mindset lol.

I usually just pop into IWBUMS if there's a feature I was really looking forward to, and that hasn't been the case since map overgrowth/erosion was added. That's not to say I don't like or appreciate all that has been added since then, but that feature in particular added something really cool and pleasing to the eyes to reward my increasingly longer survival saves.

Luck is a funny thing.

It's like, if you never want a sledge, that's when you find one.

I take the Lucky perk for the jars of peanut butter.

Sometimes, a spoonful of the goopy brown stuff is the difference between a really bad day and a day that ends with you crying into your bandages.

Archived