Favorite music thread

JudasPriest

Ok so this is simple. Name 3 (if you have less than 3 or more than 3, then it's fine) Favorite Genres of Music, and (Optional) 1-3 Favorite albums From those Genres. And if you don't have any favorite albums or genres, Just list off a couple of your favorite songs! I'll start:

Trash metal: Metallica -Master of Puppets, Anthrax - Among the living, Slayer - Haunting the chapel

Synth pop: Nine inch nails - Pretty hate machine

Alternative rock: Filter - Short bus, Nine inch nails - Fragile 

R8's and recommendations are also allowed and recommended. 

This thread has no other purpose but to talk about your favorite music and maybe even Discover new music/genres :) 

rap:

xxxtentacion - netherrack i just dont break, rare pt 2, slipknot, inuyasha, vice city, catch, fuckabitchface,

vince staples - norf norf, nate, blue suede

earl sweatshirt - chum, hive

grunge:

i vibe with any of the chill kurt cobain songs honestly and i think heart shaped box rocks (literally)

heavy metal and rap made a baby together and this is the genre that i dont know:

xxxtentacion - r.i.p roach, sippin tea in yo hood, suicidepit, yung bratz

pop? rnb? idk:

the weeknd - starboy, the hills

and some of the mainstream stuff running in the radio right now but not all of it i fucking hate these post chorus thingies where they just make aweful animal noises to some kinda dubstep and ruin the entire song they had

genres i have no idea about but would like to know more of:

earl sweatshirt - grief (its rap basically but its different from any other track ive ever heard... its so like gloomy and sad and unexplainable as opposed to most other songs i ever heard and id love to know if someone knows a kinda subgenre thats similar to what grief sounds like)

xxxtentacion - king (it sounds A LOT LIKE GRUNGE and kurt cobain but most of kurt cobains songs that i know have this like rock vibe and this is like this acoustic guitar playing all calmly til he flips out and it turns into like metal and then ends with that calm guitar and the apocalyptic droning again dunno the genre but i L O V E that song and would love to hear more like it)

xxxtentacion - never (its basically just like king but without that flip out metal sounding part and its just calm and sad throughout i like that style i wanna hear more like it)

xxxtentacion - dead inside (the one with the faint acoustic guitar subtly playing in the background i have no idea what kinda genre it is but i love it),

xxxtentacion - i spoke to the devil in miami, he said everything would be fine (only genre i could think of this would be "sad piano poeming"? id love more songs like it),

xxxtentacion - teeth (this one doesnt even really have any singing on his part its just this sample of this extremely sad sounding girl along with an excellent beat id love to know of more songs that are like it)

xxxtentacion - valentine + xxxtentacion - elephant in the room (both are amazing and guitary and sound a lot like something nirvana would sing but theyre still quite different in my opinion from the grunge i heard anyone know the genre?)

spark master tape - kkaptain baseball bat boi (im not a big fan of most of it but i love the 2:05-end part with the like subtle bassy beat and the harps and such ive been dying to find music similar to that)

sorry for the wall of text

8 minutes ago, zoeyflower said:

rap:

xxxtentacion - netherrack i just dont break, rare pt 2, slipknot, inuyasha, vice city, catch, fuckabitchface,

grunge:

i vibe with any of the chill kurt cobain songs honestly and i think heart shaped box rocks (literally)

heavy metal and rap made a baby together and this is the genre that i dont know:

pop? rnb? idk:

and some of the mainstream stuff running in the radio right now but not all of it i fucking hate these post chorus thingies where they just make aweful animal noises to some kinda dubstep and ruin the entire song they had

earl sweatshirt - grief (its rap basically but its different from any other track ive ever heard... its so like gloomy and sad and unexplainable as opposed to most other songs i ever heard and id love to know if someone knows a kinda subgenre thats similar to what grief sounds like)

xxxtentacion - king (it sounds A LOT LIKE GRUNGE and kurt cobain but most of kurt cobains songs that i know have this like rock vibe and this is like this acoustic guitar playing all calmly til he flips out and it turns into like metal and then ends with that calm guitar and the apocalyptic droning again dunno the genre but i L O V E that song and would love to hear more like it)

xxxtentacion - never (its basically just like king but without that flip out metal sounding part and its just calm and sad throughout i like that style i wanna hear more like it)

xxxtentacion - dead inside (the one with the faint acoustic guitar subtly playing in the background i have no idea what kinda genre it is but i love it),

xxxtentacion - i spoke to the devil in miami, he said everything would be fine (only genre i could think of this would be "sad piano poeming"? id love more songs like it),

xxxtentacion - teeth (this one doesnt even really have any singing on his part its just this sample of this extremely sad sounding girl along with an excellent beat id love to know of more songs that are like it)

xxxtentacion - valentine + xxxtentacion - elephant in the room (both are amazing and guitary and sound a lot like something nirvana would sing but theyre still quite different in my opinion from the grunge i heard anyone know the genre?)

spark master tape - kkaptain baseball bat boi (im not a big fan of most of it but i love the 2:05-end part with the like subtle bassy beat and the harps and such ive been dying to find music similar to that)

i got lost reading your description, going to have to check dis dude out myself xd 

15 minutes ago, zoeyflower said:

rap:

grunge:

pop? rnb? idk:

Also if you like Rap metal i highly Recommend Rage against the machine for you. It's great. 

3 minutes ago, zoeyflower said:

xxxtentacion is my favorite artist cause he has like so many songs that are in such a wide spread genre and i never even heard music types like his songs teeth or i spoke to the devil in miami etc

They probably exist, but are REALLY underground, just like Black metal Or neo-folk for example. But seriously, try out Rage against the machine. 

I used to listen to many genres of music. Now I only listen to "Epic" music. It sounds exactly how you'd imagine it. Think of the most heart-thumping trailer music you've ever heard, and now imagine it available to the public in album form, sometimes even better. That's epic music. Music from Two Steps From Hell, Thomas Bergersen, and Audiomachine keep me feeling alive in an existence where 90% of my time is spent doing things I hate.

Instead of washing the dishes because I need to, I'm washing the dishes to save the earth from giant mold monsters.

Instead of going through lessons to get good grades, I'm suddenly the last man on earth who can read and must learn everything humanity ever had to offer to restore knowledge to all of mankind.

Instead of mowing the lawn because it's starting to look ghetto, I'm mowing down giant venus flytrap monsters that are eating everyone.

Everything I do suddenly becomes a fight of galactic proportions.

For anyone who's interested, this can get you started, and I advise you to listen to the full length of each piece. The beginning doesn't always represent the end:

Thomas Bergersen - Our Destiny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPfzi6Ju2EU&ab_channel=TwoStepsFromHell

Thomas Bergersen - High C's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdrPl_7LncU&ab_channel=TwoStepsFromHell

Two Steps From Hell - None Shall Live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E147pyyxNPo&ab_channel=TwoStepsFromHell

Two Steps From Hell - Stallion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBQUeVPdYvo&ab_channel=TwoStepsFromHell

Audiomachine - The Lost Continent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCtkxq1XOsw&ab_channel=audiomachine

Audiomachine - Sun and Steel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy7oD4NowhI&ab_channel=audiomachine

My favorite albums from this genre have to be "Sun" by Thomas Bergersen, "Magnus" by Audiomachine, and "That's a Wrap" by Thomas Bergersen. Sun has to be my absolute favorite because after awhile, there was not one song on that album I didn't love.

8 hours ago, BayCon said:

I used to listen to many genres of music. Now I only listen to "Epic" music. It sounds exactly how you'd imagine it. Think of the most heart-thumping trailer music you've ever heard, and now imagine it available to the public in album form, sometimes even better. That's epic music. Music from Two Steps From Hell, Thomas Bergersen, and Audiomachine keep me feeling alive in an existence where 90% of my time is spent doing things I hate.

Instead of washing the dishes because I need to, I'm washing the dishes to save the earth from giant mold monsters.

Instead of going through lessons to get good grades, I'm suddenly the last man on earth who can read and must learn everything humanity ever had to offer to restore knowledge to all of mankind.

Instead of mowing the lawn because it's starting to look ghetto, I'm mowing down giant venus flytrap monsters that are eating everyone.

Everything I do suddenly becomes a fight of galactic proportions.

For anyone who's interested, this can get you started, and I advise you to listen to the full length of each piece. The beginning doesn't always represent the end:

Thomas Bergersen - Our Destiny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPfzi6Ju2EU&ab_channel=TwoStepsFromHell

Thomas Bergersen - High C's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdrPl_7LncU&ab_channel=TwoStepsFromHell

Two Steps From Hell - None Shall Live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E147pyyxNPo&ab_channel=TwoStepsFromHell

Two Steps From Hell - Stallion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBQUeVPdYvo&ab_channel=TwoStepsFromHell

Audiomachine - The Lost Continent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCtkxq1XOsw&ab_channel=audiomachine

Audiomachine - Sun and Steel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy7oD4NowhI&ab_channel=audiomachine

My favorite albums from this genre have to be "Sun" by Thomas Bergersen, "Magnus" by Audiomachine, and "That's a Wrap" by Thomas Bergersen. Sun has to be my absolute favorite because after awhile, there was not one song on that album I didn't love.

I'm always interested by Very specific genres of Music, like this "Epic" you speak of. I will probably check this out. And if you like That sort of music, i would suggest DragonForce to you. It's metal yeah, but power metal AKA the Metal part of the epic movie trailer Bunch. For example Dragonforce - Fury of the storm. That's exactly what i think when i hear the word "Epic music" 

49 minutes ago, Cdr.Keen said:

My faviorite genres are totally divided:

Rock (hard and heavy)

- Wolfmother, Deep Purple

Rap (old school)

- Fugees, Beatnutz, Dr. Dre & Snoop

EDM

- Deadmau5, Oliver Hunteman

I'm sorry to for being a whiner But Deep Purple is not Hard. Sorry, just had to say it. But if you want hard Riffs With a rock n' Roll wibe, here's one song for you 

On 24.4.2017 at 5:36 AM, BayCon said:

best uplifting stuff i read on the internet for a while

On 23.4.2017 at 9:36 PM, JudasPriest said:

Rage against the machine

i did hear them a long while ago in a tutorial video (lol) i really like their style its like the opposite of x but the same style at the same time

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsngPePiLMBX0JK0GHOJYiUyzFVRmXsxq 

thats a playlist of my favorite songs right now most of it is xxxtentacion but theres like 12 non x songs in the bottom and while listening to his track "teeth" i found out he sampled no the moon from someone called teen suicide and i really like the song "We Found Two Dead Swans and Filled Their Bodies With Flowers Teen Suicide (not acoustic)" im lookin for more like that as well now 

Archived