My feelings on Project zomboid.

JudasPriest

I love this game. I've been a big zombie fan since i don't even remember, Apocalypse scenarios are fascinating, and Finally i've found a game to satisfy my needs. What makes this game a little more special Is that many of the game mechanics and Zombie activity Are inspired By Max Brooks. Author of Such books as "World war Z: An oral history of the zombie war" And "Zombie Survival guide" First of Which is Probably My favorite book of all time, i've read it a million times, it's just fantastic and if you're a zombie lover like me, you NEED to read it Or listen to the audiobook which is even better since it has a full cast of voice actors it's amazing. Anyways, i'm getting off track, i just want to Thank The indie stone, and Wish them good luck in development, I'm waiting for Build 37 pretty excitetly.  267 Hours played, how many hours does everyone have on this game, i'm interested to know. 

On 4/21/2017 at 2:22 PM, JudasPriest said:

I love this game. I've been a big zombie fan since i don't even remember, Apocalypse scenarios are fascinating, and Finally i've found a game to satisfy my needs. What makes this game a little more special Is that many of the game mechanics and Zombie activity Are inspired By Max Brooks. Author of Such books as "World war Z: An oral history of the zombie war" And "Zombie Survival guide" First of Which is Probably My favorite book of all time, i've read it a million times, it's just fantastic and if you're a zombie lover like me, you NEED to read it Or listen to the audiobook which is even better since it has a full cast of voice actors it's amazing. Anyways, i'm getting off track, i just want to Thank The indie stone, and Wish them good luck in development, I'm waiting for Build 37 pretty excitetly.  267 Hours played, how many hours does everyone have on this game, i'm interested to know. 

I have 49 on steam, I had A LOT on the now defunct Desura.

~230, but I'm going through another phase of playing it for hours every few days when I have time, so I can expect that to rise to 250-300 in the next few weeks. When Injustice 2 comes out on May 16th, I might ditch this game again to deliver a pipin' hot beatdown to my brother in that game. Anyway, I stopped because I was waiting for a huge update with animations, vehicles, or NPC's to come back to the game, but after two years it never came. My friend impulse bought it so I got back into it to play with her. That, and I decided to try the "Survivors!" Mod, and those NPC's alone have added a great deal of variety to the experience. 

7 hours ago, BayCon said:

~230, but I'm going through another phase of playing it for hours every few days when I have time, so I can expect that to rise to 250-300 in the next few weeks. When Injustice 2 comes out on May 16th, I might ditch this game again to deliver a pipin' hot beatdown to my brother in that game. Anyway, I stopped because I was waiting for a huge update with animations, vehicles, or NPC's to come back to the game, but after two years it never came. My friend impulse bought it so I got back into it to play with her. That, and I decided to try the "Survivors!" Mod, and those NPC's alone have added a great deal of variety to the experience. 

Hmm... how does this mod work, can you link it?

1 hour ago, JudasPriest said:

Hmm... how does this mod work, can you link it?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=786130456&tscn=1493016044

This is seriously a good NPC mod. There are extra steps to install which are outside of Steam, but if you stick with it, it's totally worth it. It works in split-screen too.

Since you asked how it works, here are some key features:

- Highly customizable experience. You can change a configuration file and customize various things. Nolan clearly marked what each setting does so there isn't any confusion.

- Friendly and Hostile NPC's, as well as loners.

- [Optional] Can start the game with an NPC spouse.

- Survivors need everything you do except sleep, and you can treat them for injuries.

- Invite them to your party and they will survive with you.

- You can order survivors in your party to complete various tasks like chop wood.

- [Optional] Gangs of hostile survivors will loot and steal after a certain point in the game's timeline.

- They can use all in-game weapons, and they even use weapons from mods!

- The chance that they will be hostile or spawn with a gun increases as the apocalypse settles in, and you can change those settings too.

- They spawn in buildings, rarely in the wilderness, and in specific locations. Do be careful trying to visit hardware or gun stores... Just trust me. :shock:

2 minutes ago, BayCon said:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=786130456&tscn=1493016044

This is seriously a good NPC mod. There are extra steps to install which are outside of Steam, but if you stick with it, it's totally worth it. It works in split-screen too.

Since you asked how it works, here are some key features:

- Highly customizable experience. You can change a configuration file and customize various things. Nolan clearly marked what each setting does so there isn't any confusion.

- Friendly and Hostile NPC's, as well as loners.

- Survivors need everything you do except sleep, and you can treat them for injuries.

- Invite them to your party and they will survive with you.

- You can order survivors in your party to complete various tasks like chop wood.

- [Optional] Gangs of hostile survivors will loot and steal after a certain point in the game's timeline.

- They can use all in-game weapons, and they even use weapons from mods!

- The chance that they will be hostile or spawn with a gun increases as the apocalypse settles in, and you can change those settings too.

- They spawn in buildings, rarely in the wilderness, and in specific locations. Do be careful trying to visit hardware or gun stores... Just trust me. :shock:

Holy shit that sounds magnificent. I need to check that shit out when i got the time. 

1 minute ago, JudasPriest said:

Holy shit that sounds magnificent. I need to check that shit out when i got the time. 

They instantly breathe life into the game dude. I was playing a game where I had already fortified a safe house and things were relatively quiet, but when I got in after adding this mod, in mere minutes, some jerk with a gun was blasting away just off-screen and my new safehouse came under attack. After a couple of days of that, I went to scope out the area and they had some serious loot in the house they were defending. I stole some of it and went to greet them to maybe recruit them, but they turned their shotguns on me... I ran back to my house and only ever made it just underneath my sheet rope before I died.  I died from a hostile NPC in my next game too. It's a load of fun. :-D

4 minutes ago, BayCon said:

They instantly breathe life into the game dude. I was playing a game where I had already fortified a safe house and things were relatively quiet, but when I got in after adding this mod, in mere minutes, some jerk with a gun was blasting away just off-screen and my new safehouse came under attack. After a couple of days of that, I went to scope out the area and they had some serious loot in the house they were defending. I stole some of it and went to greet them to maybe recruit them, but they turned their shotguns on me... I ran back to my house and only ever made it just underneath my sheet rope before I died.  I died from a hostile NPC in my next game too. It's a load of fun. :-D

Dude let me be honest. When i Browsed the Steam mod list and saw this, i wasn't that impressed, but now that i see that it actually adds Random exciting gameplay, i'm Actually Very seriously considering adding this mod today. Thanks man, i needed this! 

21 hours ago, BayCon said:

Seems like  i can't play it until i get my new PC :( lags quite a bit on this computer. 

On 4/25/2017 at 4:10 AM, JudasPriest said:

Seems like  i can't play it until i get my new PC :( lags quite a bit on this computer. 

I had the same issue, but then I went back and noted that I hadn't updated it - I also restarted the computer and didn't open much. The NPCs add so much to game: best thing to happen to Project Zomboid in literally years.

On 4/25/2017 at 7:10 AM, JudasPriest said:

Even if you have to use the old non-2x resolution textures to play it, do it man. It's worth it. Also what are your specs? This mod doesn't affect performance for me at all and I play on a normal (not gaming) laptop. To compare, here are my specs:

Screenshot (297).png

I run a basic AMD processor with integrated graphics. The only things special about my system are the 12 GB of RAM (which doesn't affect performance much anyway) and the 2TB Hard Drive. 

Usually maintain 20 - 60 fps depending on zoom levels, and the amount of zombies, survivors trees, etc. active on-screen. I run 3d models for the Player +8, 30 lighting refreshes per second, 2x Textures (/w compression because my computer has no V-RAM), and full lighting quality. Dude, even if you have to make it look like 2011 PZ with the per-tile lighting and no shaders just to run these survivors, I would say make it happen lol. I don't play without them.

Sweet: I just found out that my party members will climb sheet ropes with me. My wife isn't picking up food or weapons dropped in front of her though - the only other party member is fine and I end up taking control of my wife. I was actually ticked that I was saddled w/ someone to protect and that seemed intent on getting me killed. Now it's a game in itself. IRL wife perturbed that I can't keep game wife alive. lol  Yeah, I can't play PZ w/o these NPCs now.

Archived