What is your favorite negative trait

I know this is a weird question, but what is your favorite trait/ I asked because I recently discovered a negative trait that I absolutely love: deaf. I've always personally liked eerie silence, and with the deaf trait, it's like that all the time. You can't pick a favorite trait because it either gives you a lot of points to use or isn't that negative of a trait, there has to be good reason. As always, thanks for reading

my chars usually always have slow reader, thin skinned, conspicious and hemophobic cause it gives a lot of points and they dont considerably impact my gameplay as it doesnt change what i view or hear, zombies are easy to take care of so conspicious isnt a problem, slow reader is basically free extra points since you can just play a game on ur phone or watch a youtube vid while reading in a safe place, thin skinned is easy to handle if you keep yourself save and remain aware of your surroundings and lastly hemophobic didnt have any impact on me cause i hadnt had to heal my friend ever since hes great at keeping himself save and stocked with medicine and i personally dont really care about panic when healing myself since i usually do that away from combat in a relatively save area

1 hour ago, TheWraithPlayer said:

...[W]hat is your favorite trait[?] ... You can't pick a favorite trait because it either gives you a lot of points to use or isn't that negative of a trait, there has to be good reason. ...

I maintain that getting freebie points IS a good reason to like a trait.  :evil:

Seriously though, with your point I'd go with SMOKER. Gameplay-wise I love the idea of HAVING to go out, and I find it deliciously ironic that all the non-smokers died before you did. 8-)

Seriously though, you'd have to be a bad ass as to making feeding an addition a priority in the Zombie Apocalypse:

Spoiler

Trigger Warning: Foul language in clip.

I like high food and water consumption because it motivates me to cook more and I always level it days quicker than if I didn't have the trait.

However I would never count the flaw as "free points" since if I ever removed "conspicuous" or the food intake ones I can always notice the change. Getting hungry quick is a good way to eliminate food from your fridge faster than you'd expect and having high thirst can be absolutely knee-capping if you are traveling long distance and don't have access to clean water.

Usually I take conspicuous as well. Having zed coming at you from farther away can lead to some pretty unsafe moments if you stay in a clearing longer than needed, but as a firefighter I can always knock a zed over without skill or weapon as long as I'm not swarmed and panicking.

Top three, rated from most favorite to least, in descending order:

1. High-thirst. There are a multitude of ways to collect water, and it's not hard to purify it, either.  

I try to be very resourceful when it comes to what the game provides you with, so I will lay out a grid of pots and saucepans to collect water and boil on campfires fueled with shoes of the infected that are burned upon said fire once they have been relieved of all their clothing for keeping a stock of ripped sheets. (Run-on sentences ftw)

It's a trait that gives you +6 for what personally seems to be a minor inconvenience compensated for with just a little patience and forethought.

2. Smoker. It gives an element of flavor to your character and gives you incentive to search every zombie for a pack of smokes.

As it stands right now, depression isn't really a big factor in gameplay. With the introduction of NPCs, I'm sure this will change. But, it adds a trading commodity to online communities and gives value to something that otherwise only has one use, albeit a useful one. I do personally think that there should be a fitness penalty for smoking, as I have first-hand experienced the loss of endurance after long-term smoking... But that's a conversation for another thread perhaps.

3. Overweight. Essentially +6 free points, assuming you survive long enough to drop those love handles and are okay starting with a bit of a handicap.

Another benefit of taking overweight is that it gives your character a little extra "survivability" in the long-run. Your character will last longer before becoming underweight, which is an all-too-real problem in the apocalypse. It can be extremely difficult to maintain a well-balanced diet if you don't prepare.

On 4/22/2017 at 7:59 AM, FireOnAsphalt said:

Top three, rated from most favorite to least, in descending order:

1. High-thirst. There are a multitude of ways to collect water, and it's not hard to purify it, either.  

I try to be very resourceful when it comes to what the game provides you with, so I will lay out a grid of pots and saucepans to collect water and boil on campfires fueled with shoes of the infected that are burned upon said fire once they have been relieved of all their clothing for keeping a stock of ripped sheets. (Run-on sentences ftw)

It's a trait that gives you +6 for what personally seems to be a minor inconvenience compensated for with just a little patience and forethought.

2. Smoker. It gives an element of flavor to your character and gives you incentive to search every zombie for a pack of smokes.

As it stands right now, depression isn't really a big factor in gameplay. With the introduction of NPCs, I'm sure this will change. But, it adds a trading commodity to online communities and gives value to something that otherwise only has one use, albeit a useful one. I do personally think that there should be a fitness penalty for smoking, as I have first-hand experienced the loss of endurance after long-term smoking... But that's a conversation for another thread perhaps.

3. Overweight. Essentially +6 free points, assuming you survive long enough to drop those love handles and are okay starting with a bit of a handicap.

Another benefit of taking overweight is that it gives your character a little extra "survivability" in the long-run. Your character will last longer before becoming underweight, which is an all-too-real problem in the apocalypse. It can be extremely difficult to maintain a well-balanced diet if you don't prepare.

A pretty comprehensive list. I would have never probably even used these traits, but after reading your post, i just might pick one on my next run.

Deaf.

I know, I know.... but honestly, the +12 points is just the peanut butter frosting on the roast rat.

I pick it because I am always listening to music so loud that I cannot hear the game anyways.

DEAF FM - Tune in to 419 on the HAM dial for the very best in yesterday and today's music!

Usually I pick traits that match myself in some manner or because of a certain play style I like.

I like getting high thirst and restless sleeper because I can chug a whole water bottle and still wish for more, and also sleep for very long periods of time.

I also like agoraphobic and cowardly because I don't often leave my base of operations because I assume the role of builder/Decorator/Designer, especially within my multiplayer servers i do with friends. Maybe toss in slow healer to the mix as well because of this, because if done right, I'm now seeing many zombies to be at risk of injury.

thirst.png

Claustrophobia because I can sort my loot however long I want without getting bored. It also goes well with adrenaline junky for moving around quickly in your safehouse.  It initialy used to be both claustrophobia and aggoraphobia so I enjoyed the speed boost everywhere... but the changes to the sleeping system made me remove one of them.

Why did I keep claustrophobia instead of aggoraphobia?

1. I can still sleep in player made structures.
  2. I can sleep in a tent everywhere.
  3. I can now use guns outside with reasonable efficiency.
  4. There are houses everywhere if I need a short speed burst to get a head start on a zombie horde.

Since I tend to make survivors in PZ the non-rl equivalent of, well, myself... they tend to be strong, fast learner, agoraphobic, hemophobic and cowardly. It works wonders with my "THIS IS MY SHELTER, SHOO!" approach to the game.

I also like Slow Reader since I hit the x6 speed or whatever when I am doing it.

Now I like to play the "One Hit" mode on single player when I am not streaming.

• Hemophobic - I don't plan on getting hit or injured, so who cares about FREAKING OUT when you get hit?
  • Prone To Illness - I am always nervous of eating possibly spoiled food so I don't. Plus no hit who cares about Zombification?
  • Sleepyhead - Oh nooooo more sleeeep
  • Slow Healer - Again, not gonna get hit so whatever
  • Slow Reader - Hit the super speed
  • Thin Skinned - Not going to get hit anyways

Bam, one hit is one kill, but you get so many points.

Archived