Sand\Gravel catches fire

Tomwa

Is this gameplay mechanic working as expected?

I created a campfire, surrounded it by 2 tiles on each tile of sand (on the roof of my house, I also tried gravel) but the sand tiles still catch fire.

Is there no way to make this happen or am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Metal Roofing also catches fire even with sand\gravel

32 minutes ago, Blake81 said:

Sadly, this is a long-standing bug. Fire as a whole will receive an update and full rebalance at some point, but as of now, we often say that the world of PZ is all doused in gasoline....

Ah, unfortunate.

At least I can turn off fire spread in the server options.

I don't know what you want the campfire for, exactly. But, until fire is revamped, the only thing I can suggest for fire-free heating and cooking is a trip to some place with an old wood-burning stove:

http://map.projectzomboid.com/?desc=Survival_1xL0#0.5606011949623659,0.11171092516551262,521.4814814814815

Dismantle that bad boy and haul it back to your base for reassembly and cocktails.

Given the distance I'd either have nolanri's car mod or wait for the car update as places with a wood stove are usually a ways off.

Fire in general is buggered currently. Pipebombs can burn down entire neighborhoods when them creating fire bends the laws of reality over the line as it is.

It will be fixed though. I don't think anyone is trying to justify the wackiness that they have and what can cause it, but you can use campfires safely if you don't have anything above it.

3 hours ago, Kim Jong Un said:

Fogo em geral é buggered atualmente. Pipebombs pode queimar bairros inteiros quando eles criando fogo curvas as leis da realidade sobre a linha como ela é.

Será corrigido embora. Eu não acho que alguém está tentando justificar o wackiness que eles têm eo que pode causar, mas você pode usar fogueiras com segurança se você não tem nada acima dele.

Pipe Bombs are more efficient than North Korean missiles HAHA! = D

15 hours ago, agreubill said:

Or you also can just avoid to put a roof above your fire source. From my experience, campfire backfires only when they got something above them.

on the roof of my house

Nothing was above the fire.

Archived