Rooms still divided by light

Tomwa

Is the knocking down walls leading to rooms being divided by light just low priority? Or is it un-fixable all together. I'm in a ongoing multiplayer session with my nephew and I backed up into a tile (that was once a hallway) only to be engulfed in total blackness and eaten as a result.

I gave it a google and noticed it's been around since prior to 2014, so I just thought I'd ask (I know you're all hard at work on things).

Ah, so it's still around. Player made rooms and changes to rooms are not regarded on the lighting map and this can be immersion breaking if you are trying to make smaller rooms out of larger ones or provide actual hiding places that you can inconveniently see into all the time.

On the bright side, you can't see people through walls like you have X ray vision, but the fact that you can see through it and watch people move furniture like you are a decoration savant that doesn't have to be there to know what's going on is still a thing.

I hope that since the last three mondoids talked about the devs tackling these long running bugs, maybe this one can be fit into that, since this would definitely improve the building experience. 

On 4/21/2017 at 0:13 AM, Kim Jong Un said:

Ah, so it's still around. Player made rooms and changes to rooms are not regarded on the lighting map and this can be immersion breaking if you are trying to make smaller rooms out of larger ones or provide actual hiding places that you can inconveniently see into all the time.

On the bright side, you can't see people through walls like you have X ray vision, but the fact that you can see through it and watch people move furniture like you are a decoration savant that doesn't have to be there to know what's going on is still a thing.

I hope that since the last three mondoids talked about the devs tackling these long running bugs, maybe this one can be fit into that, since this would definitely improve the building experience. 

Yeah we have since started over and avoided modifying existing buildings. It wouldn't be as significant an issue if it wasn't incredibly dangerous for you to be unpredictably engulfed in darkness.

• 2 weeks later...

On 4/23/2017 at 1:26 AM, Tomwa said:

Yeah we have since started over and avoided modifying existing buildings. It wouldn't be as significant an issue if it wasn't incredibly dangerous for you to be unpredictably engulfed in darkness.

It's incredibly difficult for me to ever want do so as well because of this. The only preemptive measure I take is just getting cat's eyes so I can at least see minimally in when I do build upon pre-made structures.

Archived