Split-screen + Online MP Madness!

BayCon

Question

First of all, I'd like to extend a HUGE thank you to TIS for adding split-screen into this game in an industry where so many great games that could have it require two consoles or PC's just for bros to play together. Also, it's sick that we can play online mp while in split-screen, as that's not something that I would have even asked for! Now I can play with my friends and bro at the same time!

I had some issues when trying to play split-screen with my little bro while hosting a game that my Steam friend could join. First off, for someone with little technical knowledge, the menu with settings for what controllers should be recognized and used by the game can be confusing. I figured it out, but I understand that not everyone would be able to do that.

Anyway, the real issue came when I was trying to add my brother as a split-screen player. We added his character and everything, but after we did, the A button (sorry, forgot to mention it was an Xbox One PowerA Fusion Wired Controller) was still bound to the "Add/Create Player 2" menu! So he could move around and do everything except whatever the A button could do, and on top of that, he kept trying, which eventually led to him accidentally taking over my character! A simple fix to this would be to bind the add/create character menu to the "Start" button on Xbox and Playstation controllers. Now that I think of it, there's a controller binding menu for controllers in the settings, right? I was running out of time to play, so I wasn't thinking clearly. 

After those issues, I couldn't figure out how to remove his character from the game without using admin commands, so I had to restart the server after every failed attempt. so if someone could remind me, that would be great. Also, another issue is that when he would walk up to a container, it would highlight the container he was at on my screen, but not his, and I couldn't even loot for him.

FINAL ISSUE: When we added his character in the first place, the option to "Spawn with Player 1" was gone in the location selection menu. I am 100% sure it was there when we did split-screen offline, so what happened to it on multiplayer?

I think RJ is the man who usually fixes bugs in large waves, so please RJ, I would really appreciate it if you would fix this for one of the upcoming builds so I can play with my friends and brother at the same time! Thanks for reading, everyone. :)

2 answers to this question

Could you possibly write this up as a bug report in the tracker? It'll be easier to keep tabs on it that way.  Just bullet-point the primary issues if poss :)

We've got a bunch of fixes to split-screen coming up in Build 37, but I don't think they cover taking it online in the way you describe.

2 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

Could you possibly write this up as a bug report in the tracker? It'll be easier to keep tabs on it that way.  Just bullet-point the primary issues if poss :)

We've got a bunch of fixes to split-screen coming up in Build 37, but I don't think they cover taking it online in the way you describe.

Yes, sorry, I posted it in General Discussions by accident. I've never used the bug tracker before so I'll find it and make the issues more concise (via bullet points like you said) when I write it there.

Archived