[Gog] Different versions between Linux and Windows clients

JimB

Question

Hello everyone,

Today I tried to setup a PZ server on the Ubuntu server that I rent. After a lot of efforts, I finally had it run. For that, I downloaded the Linux version of the game from Gog, in version 36.4 or 2.4.0.5 (which seems to be the version that Gog puts on the "real" version 36.4 as a label). Then I transferred it to my server, installed it, and ran it. It started, and got ready, great!

Then I downloaded the Windows version of the game, because I play my games under Windows (and because I expect the players who will join to do the same). The Windows version available in Gog was still 36.4, but with 2.3.0.5 as Gog's label. And what you would expect occurs: after joining the server, and creating a character, the server kicks me at the moment of actually joining the game. Reason:

user Jim kicked because Lua/script checksums do not match

Well, now I wonder, how do I overcome that? It's not like I have the choice of the versions that I download on Gog: 2.4.0.5 for Linux, 2.3.0.5 for Windows, period.

The error seems normal considering the difference of the versions, but thinking a bit about it, it still seems strange that I get that error. Because the "real" versions are the same (36.4) despite the Gog's versions not being identical (but should it matter?).

Any advice?

2 answers to this question

23 minutes ago, EUDOXIO said:

Turn the option "DoLuaChecksum=" to "false", on the servertest.ini file.

That should fix that issue :)

Well, that did the trick. Thanks a lot, the solution is quite simple but I could have get stuck on it a while longer!

Archived