Audio issue's

iksdeeeeee

Question

So I've been having some issue's with the Project Zomboid audio. Whenever I launch the game and I'm in the main menu my audio changes for all like sounds even stuff outside Zomboid like Youtube and I just hear a constant dud or something can't really describe the sound. I have to either close Zomboid or unplug my headset and play without sound. 

Please help me.

3 answers to this question

On 3/28/2017 at 1:32 PM, iksdeeeeee said:

So I've been having some issue's with the Project Zomboid audio. Whenever I launch the game and I'm in the main menu my audio changes for all like sounds even stuff outside Zomboid like Youtube and I just hear a constant dud or something can't really describe the sound. I have to either close Zomboid or unplug my headset and play without sound. 

Please help me.

Try reinstalling zomboid?

try changing "recording device" in the audio options tab. 

I had the same problem when I started using bluetooth headset ... even though I don't use VOIP and have it disabled in settings, if the bluetooth microphone is set as default recording device it completely butchers audio quality for both PZ (noticeably muted sounds, dud/thump sound in background) and any and all other applications running alongside PZ (youtube in web browser, video players, other games, ...). Switching the default recording device to anything else solves the problem.

http://i.imgur.com/rQEU5Nm.jpg

Archived