Coolers and storage ideas

The EVIL Twin

So, I've recently read the update log for the new steam beta, where they stated that they removed the expiring of items that are in a container. I had not know that myself, but perhaps there could be a container such as a cooler, that increases the time that it takes for food stuffs to expire by some amount from the insulating effects that the cooler has. Perhaps expand that into having certain kinds of packs/bags that give different, but small benefits or disadvantages (say, a plastic bag might rip and drop items if it's loaded to capacity and you sprint to much) perhaps, if the player is carrying to many loose items in his/her main inventory, they take a small movement penalty (overwritten when sprinting, but you have a chance of dropping items) and bags, especially backpacks, remove some/all of that penalty.

• 3 weeks later...

I would actually like to see freezer compartments added to the fridges, since most fridges seem to have these in real life (except for those small mini-bar fridges).

It would act like a fridge container but would have a lot less storage space and would cool the contents below freezing, preserving the contents indefinitely (until power outage). Frozen food would be inedible until they defrost, and take longer to cook.