Then and now

Jmall187

Hey, so I got this game back when it was available for the very first time. Before Steam, before Desura... the forums were different... the game was different (I assume).

Seems like there's a lot of changes. So many changes in fact... that I have to make this thread. Instead of reading a detailed change log from patch to patch to patch; I was hoping somebody could fill me in on what significant changes there have been.

Are there stories yet?
Is multiplayer reliable?
Are Bob and Kate existent again?
What other significant changes have occurred?

Not sure what you mean by stories exactly, but there's some TV and radio backstories implemented recently, other than that it's pretty much sandbox. Recently there's been maps added, which add a bit backstory, that's currently in IWBUMS (public testing) branch of the game.

Multiplayer should be really stable. Some servers runs vanilla, some are heavily modded. There's also Steam co-op and local co-op available.

Baldspot and Kate are not there yet :P. Their "home" is still there, though

Basically, the map is new huge. The graphics changed twice significantly, and a lot new systems were added (complex cooking, nutrition, movable and disassemable furnitures, working radio/tvs/walkie-talkies...) and a tons of new contents.

There have been previews of new advanced animations and vehicles. NPCs are still quite, though people started experimenting with mods (for cars too, but the "official" ones look really advanced in comparison). Take a look at Build Status for insights.

Generally a lot of existing things were vastly improved too, so you'll see it eventually - new items, new game mechanics etc.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2017 at 2:50 PM, Jmall187 said:

Phew, I can finally play... Was waiting specifically for this update.

• Ham icon looks less like penis.

They were fast to the guns on that one it only took them a month to make a new icon.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2017 at 10:16 PM, Jmall187 said:

Hey, so I got this game back when it was available for the very first time. Before Steam, before Desura... the forums were different... the game was different (I assume).

Seems like there's a lot of changes. So many changes in fact... that I have to make this thread. Instead of reading a detailed change log from patch to patch to patch; I was hoping somebody could fill me in on what significant changes there have been.

Are there stories yet?
Is multiplayer reliable?
Are Bob and Kate existent again?
What other significant changes have occurred?

Holy crap.

I entirely forgot Bob & Kate were a thing.

On 26/03/2017 at 0:39 AM, Faalagorn said:

Não tenho certeza o que você quer dizer exatamente por histórias, mas há algumas TV e rádio backstories implementado recentemente, além de que é praticamente sandbox. Recentemente, houve mapas adicionados, que adicionam um backstory pouco, que está atualmente em IWBUMS (teste público) ramo do jogo.

Multiplayer deve ser realmente estável. Alguns servidores funcionam baunilha, alguns são pesadamente modded. Há também Steam co-op e co-op local disponível.

Baldspot e Kate ainda não estão lá :P. Sua " casa " ainda está lá, embora

Basicamente, o mapa é novo  enorme . Os gráficos mudaram duas vezes significativamente, e um monte de novos sistemas foram adicionados ( cozinha complexa , nutrição , mobiliário móvel e desmontável, trabalhando rádio / tv / walkie-talkies ...) e uma tonelada de novos conteúdos.

Houve previsões de novas animações avançadas e veículos. NPCs ainda são bastante, embora as pessoas começaram a experimentar com mods (para carros também, mas os "oficiais" olhar realmente avançado em comparação). Dê uma olhada no Build Status para obter insights.

Geralmente um monte de coisas existentes foram muito melhorou muito, então você vai vê-lo eventualmente - novos itens, mecânica de jogo novo, etc

You answered his question in such a good way that you won my admiration

Archived