More funding

user750

Hello there, Indie Stone staff and PZ players.

My suggestion is: lets boost the PZ development together, by giving TIS more money, so they could hire more programmers, and be more rewarded for their work and thus be more productive and happy while being productive. 

Explanation: PZ saw the light of day in 2013. It's been 4 years now, since i've bought this game. Since that time a lot have changed, but there's still a lot to be changed, and some of us (i've conducted a poll between me and my friend, and the opinions was 100% positive) think that PZ could use some extra developing speed, because, you know, it's been a year since the new 3d models was promised and all that... So i came to understanding that i would love to give another 15 - 20$ to support great developers team and one of the most unique games on the market.  I mean, come on, 15$ for 4 years of playing (and ongoing development), that's just come on. 

Core: The Indie Stone, consider making a gofundme, kickstarter, or any kind of crowdfunding event, where players who want to do it, could express their gratitude for your work and boost the development of this great game. 

Disclaimer: please note that english is not my native, be forgiving. 

I would contribute to a Patreon account or something like that. I definitely put enough time into the game to put a little more money in.

That said, while this could boost revenue for TIS, it would also likely boost the expectations of the fan base. If the expectations became too great, I could see this backfiring and demoralizing fans and devs alike.

2 hours ago, billwa said:

Are you kidding? Why would you give your money to such lazy people? They literally promise shit, show it, then never release it. 

Billwa, can you cite where the developers 'literally promise shit'? I haven't seen that yet. I thought they said personal hygiene wasn't going to make it into the game? Maybe you are incorrectly using the word literally? Perhaps figuratively is the word you're looking for. They are often misused. 

Features will be done when their done. If you don't have the patience, maybe Early Access games are not for you. TIS is very upfront about Early Access on their Steam page. Perhaps you should have read it before purchasing.

You've been a member of these forums for over 3 years now and have posted 23 times. Recently, they have all been negative posts. What are you hoping to accomplish other than to piss some people off? What good do you expect from it? If you don't expect any good, why are you bothering?

Perhaps a more constructive approach would be more useful? While I do not agree with the OP's suggestion, I do appreciate their constructive efforts to help progress the development of this game. 

3 hours ago, billwa said:

Are you kidding? Why would you give your money to such lazy people? They literally promise shit, show it, then never release it. 

Watch your tone around here. This is our private forum and we don't have to host you being an asshole. 

Criticize the game or its development. Don't insult the people making it. Common courtesy.

Edit: Saw your post history. Take care.

As for the topic, thanks for the good intentions but we don't need a Patreon or the like. The game is funded pretty securely. We have the people from General Arcade on board to help us out with development, too.

Hiring another java developer would be awesome but they aren't exactly easy to come by. It's not like additional people speed up development exponentially :D

You can show support by buying a new copy :)i am planning to buy another (GoG) version to support the dev. So i got the steam one for messing around iwbums and the GoG version for actually owning a non drm version of this game :). Some others have done similar things to support TIS 

Never understood how showing development and progress can look like anything else. I remember a post that Lemmy made year(s) ago about them being tired of developing, yet are still doing it and intended to complete it regardless of the fact. We're all annoyed at not having what we want, I think that's obvious. There's no doubt though that TIS is the most annoyed out of all of us not having it completed yet.

Actually looking how other games of the similar genre progress (DayZ standalone and similar of the genre), or were totally abandoned (I'm looking at you The Dead Linger), I have to say I'm really positive how PZ progresses :). I am actually impressed that dev team is still being able to carry it continuously for so many years, despite the initial problems :P. Although if any extra funding was needed, I'd gladly buy a soundtrack DLC, even if I'm pretty sure it can be found somewhere hidden in game files :). It would be really awesome to have it in lossless form, too hint, hint!

17 hours ago, billwa said:

We'd all love the development process to take shorter but i've seen them getting done a lot of stuff, ex: Vehicles. The main problem I saw is them working on one thing then switch to another then switch to something else which i believe they said they arnt doing anymore.

Forget raising funds for Zomboid--we need a ToonBoom animated series starring Spiffo--with teeshirts and plushies.

Get some animators, some voice actors--maybe a fast-food tie-in. It'll be the premiere YouTube series.

EDIT: Saw this in the Mondoid. MOAR:

Edited by virindi_Screenwriter
more ideas

1 hour ago, virindi_Screenwriter said:

Forget raising funds for Zomboid--we need a ToonBoom animated series starring Spiffo--with teeshirts and plushies.

Get some animators, some voice actors--maybe a fast-food tie-in. It'll be the premiere YouTube series.

I for one would love to get a Spiffo with my next Happy MealTM Teeshirts are cool, too. There are a number of online marketers that would do custom tees in a heartbeat as a fund raiser. I've seen some that give a couple of weeks for pre-orders and distribute them as long as there are at least 50 buys. A Spiffo tee or a Project Zomboid tee could probably hit this mark easily. I'd probably buy a few.

Edited by Erkinwine
clarifying.

The game is awesome in the form that it's in now. I already feel like i have gotten my money's worth. 

On 3/20/2017 at 9:51 AM, Faalagorn said:

Actually looking how other games of the similar genre progress (DayZ standalone and similar of the genre), or were totally abandoned (I'm looking at you The Dead Linger), I have to say I'm really positive how PZ progresses :). I am actually impressed that dev team is still being able to carry it continuously for so many years, despite the initial problems :P. Although if any extra funding was needed, I'd gladly buy a soundtrack DLC, even if I'm pretty sure it can be found somewhere hidden in game files :). It would be really awesome to have it in lossless form, too hint, hint!

I would definitely pay for the soundtrack. The music is just amazing

Edited by grammarsalad
Amazing amazing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought a copy for myself and two more for others, and mention it whenever people start asking for game suggestions and other stuff on forums. They get a little more money and the community gets more players, everyone wins. Do your part in spreading word about the game and be sure people know it's a WIP - but it is not a dead early access game like so many others.

The game is great, but it would be nice to see more progress. I think that the perception is that progress is slower than the reality, but IndieStone is afraid of releasing content due to past experiences. However, at this point, it is hard to recall the last "big feature" that was released for testing...

It appears that the team may have fallen into the trap of perfection- everyone who bought this game bought it with the understanding that is in development. I for one enjoy 'testing' the game and helping ultimately accelerate development by finding hilarious, annoying, or sometimes game breaking bugs while testing new features; that is what early access is all about. It is frustrating to see a small team of testers trying to iron out bugs and simultaneously develop the game, while we who purchased it with the expectation of testing new and possibly terribly implemented features have to sit and wait for them to be essentially ready to go before getting to try them out.

Why couldn't the vehicles have been released back when the dev team started testing them? For every person whining about glitches and bugs, I am sure there are 3-5 excited to test out vehicles and help the devs fix some stuff.

The cars were the first big update since the  new map addition- and the map addition was more like a small update in that it was mostly the effort of one member of the team (artist).

It just seems like the devs' time would be better spent on developing rather than rigorously testing each new addition internally for weeks or months before releasing it to the Early Access, IWBUMS opt-in play testers who can find bugs way faster. That's all- I'm happy with the game, just an observation of a potential efficiency loss in their process.

I already paid once to show my support, along with so many others, should be more than enough especially considering the price and copies sold.
Your account feels like a second developer account doing some shady sh*t..

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Edited by zeeb

12 hours ago, zeeb said:

I already paid once to show my support, along with so many others, should be more than enough especially considering the price and copies sold.

Your account feels like a second developer account doing some shady sh*t..

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

A) TIS already stated they have enough to complete Project Zomboid, if sales were to cease. That might mean cutting back and the  dev team and taking more time, but  we're not dependent on a few nice people buying extra copies of the game.

B) You underestimate  how much game development costs when protracted over a number of years. PZ is far from the most successful EA game due to how little it's sold for.