Project Zomboid food items spreadsheet

Faalagorn

Back when @RobertJohnson was working on the nutrition and food overhaul, I made a spreadsheet to cheat help myself understanding how food stats works, especially as it was such an advanced system, based on the data in game files.  I made the list available publicly by mentioning it in several threads, but I don't think it ever caught some interest. I still maintain it though, every time I play the game by updating the list with the newest changes, so now that I'm going back to game again, I updated the list again - this time to 37.3 IWBUMS beta.

I'm sharing it here, because some of you may find it useful - the list probably also proves useful for balance and bugfixing purposes - in fact I annotated some things myself and did feedback based on it.  It is also easier than looking in game files, since the list is sort-able (click the arrow in each row to sort it by creating a temporary filter) plus I added a few easy formulas to count some things - hopefully someone finds them useful, as me.

Without further ado, the link is here:

My [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NSJsuqkqmEhjus0ay2bW4dbD79Xx399eOtLE26omaGs/edit#gid=751670255]Project Zomboid food items spreadsheet[/url] on Google Drive.

If anyone want a short link, I created one as well: https://goo.gl/D0IUEw

The data gathered is based on the game files, but since I made a lot of changes, I update the files manually with each update, based on the files DIFF I made, so there might be an error (hopefully there's none though). If you spot anything wrong though, feel free to let me know, so I can fix it.

I don't know how often and for how long I will be updating the list, though I will most likely update it as long as I play the game, so if I take a break again, expect no updates for a while.

On the other hand, feel free to fork the list and update it yourself, either for your own use or publicly, by choosing File -> Make a Copy (if you are logged in Google and want to make a copy in Google Drive) or File -> Download As (if you want to download a regular format). 

Just a quick notes about usage:

- As I mention, you can short the table by using temporary filter by clicking a small arrow near each row and then choosing appropriate "Sort Sheet" option. You should be able to filter the results too, but for some reason it doesn't work for me on incognito window.

- First 3 columns are hidden, they are the ID i given to the item, just to be able to sort the files with the order I gave to them, file they are from and item name in file. You can make a copy and unhide them to see them

- Items in italics are either a calculated values or a values added by hand.  Some fields, for example the ones with a star ("*") have an annotation you can read by hovering your mouse.

Nice! Very useful to have all the recipes listed. I'm thinking about a couple item mods and its good to have a clear source of what all the interactions are.

I've still been trying to figure out how nutrition effects weight. Is the 2000 calorie diet to be adhered to as a guideline for weight maintenance? 

3 hours ago, thiosk said:

I've still been trying to figure out how nutrition effects weight. Is the 2000 calorie diet to be adhered to as a guideline for weight maintenance? 

I never fully grasped the nutrition system yet, even if I was playing the earliest builds (including the moment where the stats were still visible) :P I just assume it works fine, and as in real life, I don't worry too much what I eat, as long I eat :mrgreen:. Maybe others may give more insight about it.

I've updated the spreadsheet for 37.4 changes (just one actually, with Lettuce thirst value fixed), but also added a new table whether or not the item can be found in game ( Distributions.lua) or alternatively other lua files (foraging, fishing, trapping) and if it's found in any of the recipes file (in notes), removing most of the hand-made notes in the process.

Archived