Water & Electricity Shutoff in SP

ChatNoir

Is there still any variance in days till water and electricity shut off? In my last 15 playthroughs on IWBUMS survival mode I noticed that both water and electricity always shut off at day 14.

Is it fixed now in survival mode at day 14?

So far I remember there was once a variance in days till water or electricity shut off. If you were lucky you could get water or electricity for up to 1 month but if you were unlucky it shuts down even at day 1. Moreover, both weren't bind together. So electricity could last longer than water and vice versa.

8 hours ago, BaldGuyPlaysGames said:

Easiest way is to start a sandbox game and leave all other settings as default a part from Electricity and Water Shutoff times.

Yes I know this. But I wanted to know if it is set to shut off at day 14 in survival mode. Cause if I remember right 2 years ago it was not set to a certain date in survival mode.

21 hours ago, ChatNoir said:

Yes I know this. But I wanted to know if it is set to shut off at day 14 in survival mode. Cause if I remember right 2 years ago it was not set to a certain date in survival mode.

Yes, Survival mode is now day 14 for both Water and Electricity to be shut off, at least it has been for the past several games I've played.

I don't think it was always like this though, I seem to remember that when I first started playing PZ it was a random time.

12 hours ago, BaldGuyPlaysGames said:

Yes, Survival mode is now day 14 for both Water and Electricity to be shut off, at least it has been for the past several games I've played.

I don't think it was always like this though, I seem to remember that when I first started playing PZ it was a random time.

Thanks for confirming this. :)

I hope they change it back to be a bit more random even in survival mode. Would make the game more challenging.

So i really like the 2 week shutoff. In fact, I want them to give the option to get the hard 2 wk shutoff in sandbox- I despise the 0-30 day range! ;)  I want my apocalypse consistent, clean, straightforward, and reliable. Power off at 2 weeks, no whiffs hands or butts.

It's getting a bit of a boring routine if I already know exactly the date of power and water shutoffs. Meanwhile, I plan ahead for 14 days with each char to manage ot get enough empty gas cans and fill them before the power went off and water supply is/was never a real problem for me. But it doesn't have to be 0-30 days if survival mode should be more comparable between players and playthroughs. So I would prefer a slightly lower range of 10-18 days. But not an exact date.

Archived