saving data to wrong default location

cry8wolf9

Question

i'm having an interesting problem. i'm trying to relocate the directory that's should be under "C:\Users\" however because my computer syncs certain folders to a server my save data is defaulting to this location" \\*servername*\Folder Redirection\kreeves\Documents. what i need to do is change it to a different folder located somewhere else. is there a file that i can edit somewhere in the " C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid " ? i should also note that i need to keep the documents folder on the server and that mklink does not seem to work with servers

6 answers to this question

Had a similar problem when my home desktop recently died, and had to use a laptop that used active directory sync like yours. I found that running multiple mods from the local active directory location caused problems starting/restarting the game (at least when I was not within the firewall to connect to the a.d. server). 

So I created a bat file that had this: 

ProjectZomboid64.exe -Duser.home=C:\Users\ddraig -- -cachedir="C:\Users\ddraig\Zomboid"

This also sets java's home directory to be on the C drive to be safe, but it looks like all you need is the cachedir argument.

The 2 dashes have spaces between them on each side (between \ddraig & -cachedir), which according to this https://pzwiki.net/wiki/Startup_Parameters

separates the java params from the game params. It may be that it is throwing an error for me, but I am not noticing it, and the first param is solving it for me.

So

-cachedir="C:\Users\ddraig\Zomboid"  

Is all that is required to load mods & saves etc..? 

Archived