In My Garage

nasKo

33 minutes ago, Paul Redeker said:

Oh my stars and bars.  It's not that serious.  The game comes with a disclaimer when you buy it.  And they should take a further step of going to MONTHOIDs to replace mondoids.

I'd prefer to keep my Mondoids, thanks. Also, I'm not sure you've seen some of the hate threads I've seen directed toward the developers. I've seen a good amount since I bought this game in 2014. They're usually in the Steam discussions. The criticisms here are praise by comparison. In some cases, it is "that serious", and they would pop up almost every time the developers said anything about NPC's in a Mondoid (which was already rare at the time). After one thread popped up on Steam in 2015 (which I saw and participated in), they were never mentioned in a Mondoid again. It was bad. Some guy came in and flamed on the developers like crazy, and never answered the thread again. He had a few supporters, but it was mostly people telling him to chill out. It clearly got to the developers because most of them replied multiple times to the thread. Lemmy even wrote a few massive posts in response to this guy, and replied to it again months after it had already been closed.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

EDIT: In fact, here it is: https://steamcommunity.com/app/108600/discussions/0/520518053449950851/?ctp=4

I used to be a fanboy of TIS, but now I'm half fanboy and half critic. Even my harshest criticisms (probably the most harsh one I've made as of now is calling guns and pre-patch vehicles "pretty much useless and impractical in-game for their primary use in real life") are nothing compared to this thread.

The thread, which was so charmingly titled "The Indie Stone is the worst development team... [I have ever dealt with.]" was released on the same day as this Mondoid: https://projectzomboid.com/blog/2015/08/bank-holiday-apzdisa-mop-up/

This simple mention of NPC's sparked the thread above.

Edited by BayCon

2 hours ago, Paul Redeker said:

Oh my stars and bars.  It's not that serious.  The game comes with a disclaimer when you buy it.  And they should take a further step of going to MONTHOIDs to replace mondoids.

I wouldn't want to deprive you of more things to complain about, Paul.

That'd be cruel.

Though I'd really rather TIS had started with a monthly format rather than weekly, changing the format now would just bring about even more ridicule, not to mention disappoint those that enjoy the weekly sign of life.

I doubt the complaints would really change anyway.