Jump to content
nasKo

In My Garage

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Axex said:

Which indirectly will lead to slower zombies. Which I hope will lead to hordes being more dangerous with bigger numbers. also better combat pls.

 

Currently I can run around with an axe or baseball bat and fight 40+ zeds at once.

When zombies can grab you in MP, I think they'll be dangerous again. 40 SP zeds is a different battle than 40 MP zeds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, trombonaught said:

When zombies can grab you in MP, I think they'll be dangerous again. 40 SP zeds is a different battle than 40 MP zeds.

I play multiplayer, but on LAN with my family, does that count? I don't know if you're talking about them being dangerous with lag, or whether there are things missing between the two behaviorally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Axex said:

I think the speed is close to realistic for a full on sprint, but I know no man or woman that can sprint for miles.

Sorry for spamming the thread everyone D:

 

But I agree, the speed itself isn't the issue. It's maintaining an Olympic 100m dash Sprint for miles.

 

I realize that sprinting speed does transition to lower speeds over a sustained distance, but the rate of this pre-exhaustion decline needs to be waaay boosted.

 

2 minutes ago, Axex said:

I play multiplayer, but on LAN with my family, does that count? I don't know if you're talking about them being dangerous with lag, or whether there are things missing between the two behaviorally.

Zobie behaviour is different in SP compared to MP. I don't know the technical reasons for it (only that there are reasons) but zombies that are nearby in SP can stop your movement. Being flanked by 2 zeds can kill you. This effect seems only 10% as prevalent in MP, be it public server or local.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, trombonaught said:

Sorry for spamming the thread everyone D:

 

But I agree, the speed itself isn't the issue. It's maintaining an Olympic 100m dash Sprint for miles.

 

I realize that sprinting speed does transition to lower speeds over a sustained distance, but the rate of this pre-exhaustion decline needs to be waaay boosted.

I think a way to solve this easy to to have the current tiring rate applied to a slight jog (Maybe with slight tweaks), and have a full sprint mode that can only be maintained for a very short period of time. So we'd have 3 movespeeds, walk, jog, sprint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Axex said:

I think a way to solve this easy to to have the current tiring rate applied to a slight jog (Maybe with slight tweaks), and have a full sprint mode that can only be maintained for a very short period of time. So we'd have 3 movespeeds, walk, jog, sprint.

I agree(ish), but think the two higher speeds should be only one function in the control bindings. Sprinting should be the default for as long as it can be maintained, but quickly reduce to a jogging speed (to keep controls simple).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, trombonaught said:

I agree(ish), but think the two higher speeds should be only one function in the control bindings. Sprinting should be the default for as long as it can be maintained, but quickly reduce to a jogging speed (to keep controls simple).

But then comes the issue of having the out of breath moodle from sprinting, and thus not being able to jog because you are already exhausted from sprinting as long as you can. I wouldn't mind a system where you tap the key to change the mode of movement, where walk is default to always on, and the switch key switches from jog to sprint or sprint to jog, and then you hold the shift key to do whatever is switched on. The key should be something near the wasd though to keep things easy for people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Butter Bot said:

 

Then don't get hyped. Please, for the love of all that is good in this world, stop even trying to get  hyped up about things.

 

Hype is bad. Expecting things to come imminently and desperately waiting for them does no favors.

 

The word hype shouldnt have been used in my post but its the most common word used around here.

 

What i meant is that i dont really care about vehicles right now because i know they will take a long time to come and i know that the animations need to be eventually merged between those features, that is what i care the most about, where do they fall, waiting for the animations (thing that the devs dont want to do) or are going to be out first before the animations (thing that will delay the animations).

 

Whats going on with them other than "work continues".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Blasted_Taco said:

 

The word hype shouldnt have been used in my post but its the most common word used around here.

 

What i meant is that i dont really care about vehicles right now because i know they will take a long time to come and i know that the animations need to be eventually merged between those features, that is what i care the most about, where do they fall, waiting for the animations (thing that the devs dont want to do) or are going to be out first before the animations (thing that will delay the animations).

 

Whats going on with them other than "work continues".

 

This isn't a zero-sum game. It's not Vehicles Or Animations. They're worked on by different people, different companies, in point of fact. Please just accept that we're still working on them as fast as we can, and calm down bugging us. If you continue, I will give you a formal warning.

 

Giving an exact breakdown of current status isn't really feasible, these things run into odd roadblocks where you weren't expecting them, which slows things down. This is just a fact of programming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"This year we intend to keep the build release process fairly free-flowing, as opposed to leaving improvements on the brew in IWBUMS public beta for longer than is necessary." Jan 2017

 

Hope this is still in mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, kirrus said:

and calm down bugging us. If you continue, I will give you a formal warning.

 

Alright this is a first time for me.

 

I wont bug you asking for a bit more depth explanation on whats going on with the animations anymore, but seriously, a warning?

 

I didn't expect that from the moderators of this community, but oh well, things happen.

 

See you folks in a couple of months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Blasted_Taco said:

 

Alright this is a first time for me.

 

I wont bug you asking for a bit more depth explanation on whats going on with the animations anymore, but seriously, a warning?

 

I didn't expect that from the moderators of this community, but oh well, things happen.

 

See you folks in a couple of months.

 

Try stepping in our shoes for a moment. Honestly, we get slammed with abuse and people hammering on us about why various features aren't out yet. You, unfortunately Taco, do have a tendency to get a bit over enthusiastic over certain features, and it does hurt us when you get hurt by them not appearing swiftly. 

 

15 minutes ago, Hicks said:

"This year we intend to keep the build release process fairly free-flowing, as opposed to leaving improvements on the brew in IWBUMS public beta for longer than is necessary." Jan 2017

 

Hope this is still in mind.

...Do I really need to say why this response from you of all people Hicks disappoints me. You've been here how long? Of course we'll release the feature, as soon as we can. But it's buggy right now, and wouldn't be any fun to play with. Once the worst of the CTDs and other "interesting" problems are sorted (seriously, the new map streaming system is amazing, but complex), we'll get it out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kirrus said:

..Do I really need to say why this response from you of all people Hicks disappoints me. You've been here how long? Of course we'll release the feature, as soon as we can. But it's buggy right now, and wouldn't be any fun to play with. Once the worst of the CTDs and other "interesting" problems are sorted (seriously, the new map streaming system is amazing, but complex), we'll get it out there.

As always Kirrus you have missed the mark. I've not pinpointed any specific feature in my post, merely posted a reminder to regular (even small) updates as promised many months ago. Currrently servers can't even edit the spawnpoints or regions until the iwbums go public. More subtance needed less fluffy mondoids, especially ones that mimic 3 years ago - https://projectzomboid.com/blog/2014/06/march-to-1-0/

Edited by Hicks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think its just that people want something they can play with that's new. I don't mean to pry, and you obviously don't have to answer if you don't want to, but what (if any) are the issues surrounding having a testing branch for all of the new stuff that is almost completely broken or crashes often? (I would assume the annoyances of keeping it up to date with what you guys are doing.) I think a decent amount of players would enjoy it or at least have a better picture of the progress being made, even if it wasn't the most playable thing.

 

Might even be useful as a tool to help find bugs or other issues with things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hicks said:

As always Kirrus you have missed the mark. I've not pinpointed any specific feature in my post, merely posted a reminder to regular (even small) updates as promised many months ago. Currrently servers can't even edit the spawnpoints or regions until the iwbums go public. More subtance needed less fluffy mondoids, especially ones that mimic 3 years ago - https://projectzomboid.com/blog/2014/06/march-to-1-0/

Considering we went 8 months without an update, one update while Romain deals with his new fatherhood stretching two months shouldn't be that big of a deal, as much as I'd love for some of the more problematic bugs to get hotfixes rather than wait on the IWBUMS -- after all, every day I have to address the concerns of people affected by these issues (hardcore reloading broken, splitscreen moodles overlapping .etc), when often there are fixes in IWBUMS. Yet it's not quite that simple as firing out those fixes when mixed with the new mapping/gui updates, is it?

 

Not having one low-key Mondoid this iweek wouldn't change that, now would it? Repeating over and over "still working on rotations, fixing bugs, plugging any holes we missed, and actively trying not to get excited and show things off in case you attack me for it" wouldn't change that.

 

Don't get why Kirrus brings out such a diva in  you, Hicks, but the stress it causes is not appreciated.

 

2 hours ago, Axex said:

I think its just that people want something they can play with that's new. I don't mean to pry, and you obviously don't have to answer if you don't want to, but what (if any) are the issues surrounding having a testing branch for all of the new stuff that is almost completely broken or crashes often? (I would assume the annoyances of keeping it up to date with what you guys are doing.) I think a decent amount of players would enjoy it or at least have a better picture of the progress being made, even if it wasn't the most playable thing.

 

Might even be useful as a tool to help find bugs or other issues with things.

Novelty wears off, then it becomes a slog of dealing with anger and betrayal when very obvious, clearly identified issues are left in. That's why we first do a round of internal testing, as is happening with the vehicles right now. e.g. there's a few critical lag issues that are being profiled and addressed right now that would hit everyone that played it.

 

In many ways, I wish TIS would just push this stuff out there, but I also know it's me and the moderator team that'll deal with the results, if at least a certain degree of quality isn't ensured. A large number of EA buyers don't understand or won't accept this, even if it were hidden behind another branch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a thought for making the vehicles fit in more; could their graphics get put through a faded-out shader similar to what the devs did to the map textures when they took inspiration from "This War of Mine" and dulled the textures? This would help the vehicles look more natural in the PZ environs (in my opinion).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Queen Glory said:

Will RV's be a thing? Because if i could deck out an RV and maybe even go inside of it (like it's a building) that would be freaking amazing, i could store all my stuff, cook, refrigerate, and dash in a second if need be :D


Even if it didn't have a room available when not moving it would be cool to have RVs as a vehicle for bigger parties/groups and more comfortable sleep (and also like you said it could maybe even have other options like cooking, cold storage and even water storage) :)
 

Edited by Kuren

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this will just add more fun to PZ, well atleast for me, i have allready collected tv's from other houses so soon ill be able to fill my backyard with vehicles, and while i drive from rosewood to westpoint ill be singing: Amazing Hearse https://www.youtube.com/embed/xlFZJMg_2yM?&rel=0

 

Also the vehicles will make traveling less painfull when making lets play's :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would just like to point out that it would benefit everyone if we all would just chill out on the more harsh criticisms of TIS' development time. EnigmaGrey might actually be able to get some sleep, the developers themselves can have a few less buckets of sweat to toss out the window at the end of each work day, and most importantly to us who play the game and follow its development, we won't have to deal with another feature being worked on silently because the developers fear being beheaded just for saying its name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BayCon said:

I would just like to point out that it would benefit everyone if we all would just chill out on the more harsh criticisms of TIS' development time. EnigmaGrey might actually be able to get some sleep, the developers themselves can have a few less buckets of sweat to toss out the window at the end of each work day, and most importantly to us who play the game and follow its development, we won't have to deal with another feature being worked on silently because the developers fear being beheaded just for saying its name.

Oh my stars and bars.  It's not that serious.  The game comes with a disclaimer when you buy it.  And they should take a further step of going to MONTHOIDs to replace mondoids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...