PZ Hosted server help running hydro

leafgreen

I did searches for hours today, it seems all the servers are run on personal towers.

I am having problems with a dedicated host, not my own machine.  That's different.  While I can get the server to run and I see which ini files to edit for server settings, I can't get mods to work and I only want to run one - Hydrocraft.  I've read help guides and threads and all are for on your own personal machine, that just isn't working or Blue Fang is horrible.  I've used Blue Fang for Life is Feudal and they were good.

Here's the host directory. 

I can find my server.  But it is not loading Hydrocraft.  I can't think of anyplace else to put the hydrocraft mod folder at.  Do I possible need to put in a steam mod ID number instead of the name?

I have edited the my_server/zomboid/server servertest.ini for Mods=Hydrocraft

Hydrocraft

Mods

Hydrocraft

apcache

config

config.vdf

java

jre

jre64

license

logs

media

my_server

Mods

Hydrocraft

Zomboid

Log

Mods

Hydrocraft

Saves

Server

Hydrocraft

Mods

Hydrocraft

Servertest.ini/sandboxvars/spawnpoints/spawnregions

Workshop (empty)

db

servertest.db

natives

steamapps

downloading

temp

Help?  And thank you.

Edited by leafgreen

I've also copied all files in the hydrocraft folder and putting them in each of the Mods folders.  Nothing.

Checking the logs, it does say it is loading...  But when looking at the server list it does not say a mod is required/added to the server.  Logging into the server gives no messages that a mod is required.

Initialising Server Systems...
MOD: loading Hydrocraft
MOD: mod "Hydrocraft" overrides media/lua/client/Farming/ISUI/ISFarmingMenu.lua

etc etc etc

Edited by leafgreen

Just found this...

Posted January 10, 2016 · Report post

On Steam-enabled servers, mods are no longer installed the old way: you include the workshop ID and mod loading ID in servertest.ini, then the mods are downloaded and automatically installed for both the client and the server. These mods are automatically updated by Steam when the client connects to the server, or when the server is started.

If you attempt to install these mods in Zomboid\mods\ or ProjectZomboid\mods\, they will not work, or people may end up with multiple versions of the same mod.

Some hosting services restrict what you can download and install. Some hosting services also require you to select from per-installed mods via their web portal.

The workshopID is in the Hydrocraft workshop url: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=498441420

So ultimately if adding the workshop ID and mod ID to the servertest.ini then restarting the server fails, you might be in a situation where you can't actually update or install a mod. Most hosts seem only good if you want the vanilla experience right now.