Here In My Car

nasKo

2 hours ago, Blake81 said:

Well, that's far more progress than I was expecting to see in such a short time; it's not far from being ''Grand Theft Zed: Knox County'' and I'm really liking the great variety of vehicles. But, there are a few important things I see conspicuously absent from the big list:

1- Trunks

Will we be able to load stuff on our car's trunks and/or backseats? Or find stuff on them beforehand? This might be one of the most important uses they will have.

2- Keys & Bypasses

Perhaps this is the best way to prevent them from being the ''Indestructanks of Zed Squashing'', make it so we have to either find their keys (if there's a car parked outside a house or office, it would make sense to have at least a 50/50 chance to find its keys on some drawer, on in the pockets of some Zed that might be there) or have the Electrical know-how to hot-wire them, but even then, these hot-wired cars would be a bit slower to start than the ones with keys.

3- Garages WITH WORKING SHUTTERS

This is probably the 2nd most important one. What's the point of getting a car if the Zeds are just gonna head-thump it into scrap metal every time you leave it outside your base? We need to have all those still non-functional shutters everywhere working. And also, as seen on 0:39 of the video, some the garages we have right know are a wee bit too small to fit the cars inside, and that could be a problem.

4- Sirens

Can the Police Cars/Ambulances have a siren function (like they did in State of Decay )? This one might sound cosmetic, but it could be very useful, specially how sound-sensible are PZ's Zed. This could make it worth to have either of them around to use them as lures-on-wheels to remove large quantities of Zeds from a location.

I think that would be all. I saw on the new dial that the cars already have radio, headlights and what might even be a SoD-esque Door-Hits-Zed function so things are looking pretty good. What does the big red hot H do btw?

And btw, I just LOVE that BGM that plays at the start of the video. It's hands down PZ's best music.

They do have separate containers for trunks, inside the cab and even small container for glove compartment.  Also trunk is only accessible from outside. while cab and glove compartment are only accessible from inside the car.

14 minutes ago, lemmy101 said:

all you need is a bit of rubber tube!

Yea I remember when you said about syphoning other cars !

But I still like the idea of repowering gas stations. They would be a good POI for endgame. And of I dont want unlimited fuel from them. Just make some counter for each gas station with fuel remaning.

20 minutes ago, Zorak said:

Yea I remember when you said about syphoning other cars !

But I still like the idea of repowering gas stations. They would be a good POI for endgame. And of I dont want unlimited fuel from them. Just make some counter for each gas station with fuel remaning.

if they implement syphoning from cars - so why not add syphoning from the stations too instead of "repowering" ... so it would even work without power - ok.. maybe you should use a handpump/other pump instead of sucking... :D

on the other hand... a normal car can go 500-900km with a full tank (ok, maybe less in the USA and with the pickups) ... so fuell would only be a problem if the devs balance it very stricly... 

(reminds me, there should be a tank truck (? truck wich has stored gas) in the game :D)

Not to nitpick, but the lightbar on the ambulance in the video is wrong. I'm pretty sure only police vehicles use red and blue lights. Other emergency vehicles such as ambulances would use red and white lights.

Edit: I am aware that these vehicles are works in progress, and that you may already be aware of this problem but haven't fixed it yet due to having much bigger fish to fry.

Edited by Octopus
Clarification

49 minutes ago, Livio Persemprio said:

+1 for pumping from gas pumps after the shutoff, i never liked not being able to in the first place, i can't see the balance in that now and i couldn't see it back then. Just please.

Gas pumps are not unlimited m8, like even if you get them back online, sooner or later they will run dry.

27 minutes ago, Blasted_Taco said:

Gas pumps are not unlimited m8, like even if you get them back online, sooner or later they will run dry.

that's precisely whati meant. i must have phrased poorly, sorry. what i meant is that i can't see any balance benefit from forcing everybody to rush to the pumps in the early game. everybody is just too busy looking for nails, hammers, axes, sledges, meds, food, and, generally speaking, surviving, and, besides, i can't see the reason for disabling them in the first place

Hmmm Deadpixels needs this, needs this badly. Also about cars will we be able to get Trailers and stuff we could maybe attatch on the back of our pickups or vans or maybe even a semi? Or maybe even a mobile generator like this one? These could be used to power our bases or even throw all our stuff from looting on them!

Mobile-Generator.jpg

4 hours ago, Livio Persemprio said:

+1 for pumping from gas pumps after the shutoff, i never liked not being able to in the first place, i can't see the balance in that now and i couldn't see it back then. Just please.

Speaking of small things that nobody thinks are unbalanced: please add passing out from lack of sleep, our body is ready

Pumps require power to run. Huge reality break if they keep running without power. Adding generator functionality as per the existing mod, or some other workaround, should always be necessary after power shutoff.

29 minutes ago, Lexx2k said:

Waiting for the first tank mod.

Also how about special "cars" that can only "drive" on "special tiles"... like.. for example... water?

or perhaps trains :o that would be so cool, even though i guess it might get complicated for the devs to make bordable trains that act both as containers/rooms and vehicles. i guess it would be fine with just some broken down trains with loot, or, perhaps trains that act only as a container and a vehicle without having the possibility to move inside it as a passenger

Edited by Livio Persemprio

1 hour ago, Lexx2k said:

how about special "cars" that can only "drive" on "special tiles"... like.. for example... water?

1 hour ago, Livio Persemprio said:

or perhaps trains

Would love to see both these things added :D Even if the train needed special skills to operate it and only worked like cars (with no real "rooms" inside) it would be cool to see :)

Edit: I'd also be fine with boats being limited to canoes and rowboats. Then the excuse for not being able to get across the Ohio River could be that you can't make it past a current in the middle or something. Assuming there wouldn't just be military there waiting to kill you as you came ashore :P

Edited by Kuren

I am also wondering about what happens when zombies break the car? Does it disappear? Can they climb it? Can they "crawl through" it?

Reason: What prevents me from doing a car-wall around my house, blocking windows and doors?

Edited by Lexx2k

On 8.03.2017 at 4:18 PM, Queen Glory said:

Wow nobody liked my great unspoken idea of trailers and getting more powerful/longer lasting generators you could tow around with cars. Thanks team, you know that measly trunk isn't enough to store all your gear, so don't lie.

Cargo trailers and camping trailers would be awesome.