It used to be possible to make doodles, with a paper and a pen or a paper and a pencil.

I think something like this would be good for the final product. It occurred to me that if a piece of paper allowed you to do something similar how the journal works, we could draw our own maps freestyle. It would be an interesting game element.

If the survivor has a piece of paper and a pencil or a pen, he or she should get a little freestyle "draw" on the paper. Then, using rename it could be called "Map 1" or something by the user. This could also be used for notes with a weight of 0.1 (sheet of paper) rather than 1.0 (journal). If this could also be done with notebooks, that would be a plus.

Related to this, crayons should be effective writing instruments for something like this, but not for a journal. In that case, the point of the "pen" for the "draw" should be the color of the crayon and much larger than a pen or pencil.

Did I put this in the wrong place?

I don't know if you put this in the wrong place but, this is a good idea. I agree that there should be a type of map system integrated into the game. Not everyone should be able to draw them amazingly however, and a skill (or job) that you can choose in the beginning of the game would make sense. If you don't have it your map should be more "rough looking" and harder to follow. Just my opinion on the matter.

Archived