Steam Beta Release - 31st Oct 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17 (0008)

RobertJohnson

every thing seems to be ok apart from the bug that's bin in the game for me for ages, start a fire go back to the fire, the good thing is the game dosent crash now BUT 1 there black burnt out walls on the grass, i think you guys know what i mean? and then part of the map goes completely black and you cant walk there.

windows 8 running the Halloween update on 64bit mode. Apart from that awesome stuff

every thing seems to be ok apart from the bug that's bin in the game for me for ages, start a fire go back to the fire, the good thing is the game dosent crash now BUT 1 there black burnt out walls on the grass, i think you guys know what i mean? and then part of the map goes completely black and you cant walk there.

windows 8 running the Halloween update on 64bit mode. Apart from that awesome stuff

It's a save load error, unfortunately.

I've had an issue on 4 different world saves that I created since this update hit.

My game eventually crashes after I run away from spawn a good distance. This has happened on 4/5 tries, the last one I was recording with OBS, and I was able to run for 5 minutes without any issues. But other runs lasted only a minute or two before crashing. Crash happened on both 64 and 32 bit

If you need any more details, feel free to email/pm me. My dxdiag can be found in an earlier post I made

Zaydene I forgot to mention, try coping the console content for the time nearing and during the crash. That should help diagnose more than anything.

Zaydene, open a Command Prompt with Administrator privalleges and paste this:

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid"

ProjectZomboid64.exe

This will keep the console open so that you can get any errors from it. However, you may need to be quick, as its buffer isn't very big.

thanx for the info =) im guessing its not easy to fix? :( there any way around it like comparability mode or anything? or is the best thing just to not burn the chicken? lol

Wouldn't go that far -- fire is working much better than in previous versions. If left burning on save, sometimes it doesn't load properly and that area becomes inaccessible.

img=http://i.imgur.com/riIYdmm.jpg]

After a save (different house):

QZpNTZY.jpg

Still playable -- just visually unappealing.

yer i have that blackness but on my last game it was like x10 and the entire north of of the map, gonna bed now but ill try the save and load it tomorrow and see if it fixes anything, hopfully it will load up and just the house will be black as in your image, if not ill try and screen shot it so you can see =) Keep up the gd work guys. night

(i did sleep while the house was burning) i dunno if that has anything to do with it.

Okay so I guess this issue is only happening on full screen. I tried 1920x1080 windowed and was able to go a long distance. Then tried 1920x1080 in fullscreen and had a huge stutter, lasting about 10 seconds, which I thought was it crapping out. But it came back to life, and this http://pastebin.com/kEiscdFx was spit out. I'll keep trying until I get another hard crash.

Oh also I couldn't load any more of the map besides the chunk I was in after this happened http://imgur.com/a/zyKqq#0

Made another map and got the same results as above. Maybe when it was crashing the first few times, it was just doing the same thing as in the pastebin, but I immediately took it as a crash and opened Task manager.

http://pastebin.com/V4gHW4Pa

Heres from the second 10 second stutter and recovery. Chunks wouldn't load after this happened. Only the chunks that were already loaded were accessible 

I've been on IRC, the forums and playing the game all day, I'm going to sleep now. If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to pm/email me. 

Neat i found a spiffo, that cute thing is going to be with my in my travel to West Point

Also i still have FPS issues, going to try compability mode to see if it gets better

Edit: Didnt work at all, it runs like at 8 FPS, why is this happening?

What resolution are you playing at?

Neat i found a spiffo, that cute thing is going to be with my in my travel to West Point

Also i still have FPS issues, going to try compability mode to see if it gets better

1028 x 768 or 600 i think

That is my max res for the monitor too

1028 x 768 or 600 i think

That is my max res for the monitor too

I'm sorry to say but there might not be much that can be done in this case. Playing at a lower resolution (or the lowest esolution) should see net benefits, but if at this point you're only at 8 fps . . .

Well, play in windowed mode and drag the window to half its size and see if that helps. :-|

Did the windowed mode thingy, cant drag the window to any size because most of the window is covering my screen.

Also i notice some pattern:

When my character sprints, the FPS go to 7-9 FPS

When walking it goes to 10-14 FPS

When doing nothing 14-18 FPS

When fighting a zombie 14-15 FPS and dips to 12

its kinda wierd since with the last build interim 64bit in compatibility mode it was runing at 25 FPS and dipping to 16

When creating a new character on Russian language settings buttons like "turning the character around" and "Random" to generate name aren't working, unclickable. I'll go further and report if any other buttons can't be clicked.

Also not sure if it's only a problem with Russian language or persists on english settings aswell.

EDIT 1:

Also in sub-traits the "\n" s don't move the text to the new line anymore. They are written there as part of the text, like it happened before.

Are those survivors i hear? The occasional gunshot, a car alarm. Did you sneak them in or is it just ambience. Either way, you're sneaky devils.

They are just ambient sounds which are used to movie zombies around the map at the moment. Placeholders basically.

Are those survivors i hear? The occasional gunshot, a car alarm. Did you sneak them in or is it just ambience. Either way, you're sneaky devils.

No, those are events that have been in for a long time, now. :)

Really? Huh, how'd i miss that. Hell, it's not the first obvious thing i've completely missed.