Steam Beta Release - 31st Oct 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17 (0008)

RobertJohnson

The right mouse button doesn't really seem to do anything, that CTRL can't do. Am I

missing something here nasKo? Example:

If you stand still and press CTRL nothing happens on screen. The character will not

raise the weapon, like he used to do in the last build. And it's the same thing with the

right mouse button - nothing visible happens. 

So, no matter if you press CTRL or RMB - nothing happens until you also press left button.

Some people mention something about charging up the attack. This I have never seen

in game. Sounds like a neat trick though.

Also, on this build "17 (0008)" I have encountered some buildings in MD were I can walk

through walls.

Good news:

Today I haven't had any freezes or stuttering. The game is running fine now. I reported this

yesterday and the stuttering were severe and was bothering me a lot. So I deleted everything

Zomboid on my computer. I downloaded the latest driver from Nvidia (R331 GRD). I was running

331.40 driver before. Reinstalled Zomboid and started a new game from scratch. It worked. I now

have a good constant FPS with few hickups. (Or perhaps did you guys release a new hotfix?)

Cheers

is there some new feature i forgot? Because....

All stuff together i wear 6 kg, (6/8) and even backpacks are also not full. But the game say im overcharged (10/8).

Schoolbag has 0,5 kg , no matter wahts inside, or is there something new ?

By the way, nice work !

Nice to see how this game getting better step by step

Yeah same here. There is something strange going on here. The weight doesn't seem

to add up on your character. Items in bags however show the correct weight from what

I can tell. But not what you wear "in your pockets" or on your person. It goes up and

down and doesn't make sense. Devs - have you been tinkering or is it a bug?

Do you wear the bag ?

If you don't wear the bag, you won't have any weight reduction...

About the zombie strength, I added a new thing : if you hit a zombie while he's on floor, the timer for him to get up is reseted.

With this, Chris told me he'd like to lower a bit the weapon damage now, to make the fighting vs 1-3 zombies easier, but vs a horde much harder.

Tested here (but idk if I have the last sources from Chris), fighting like a charm, I charge, waiting the zombie to come, wait the last moment to push him, then kill him easily on the floor :)

Actually RJ that's not what I said at all :P I meant currently you get a x10 damage bonus to ground attacks, and just that with knocking them back down when swinging or stomping repeatedly, a zombie becomes not a threat if it's being repeatedly hit, since there's zero chance of them getting back up unless you stop, so we want to lower damage bonus for floor attacks to make dealing with a single floored zombie easy, but multiple tricky since a floored zombie would need more swings / stomps to kill. 

Unless this is also what you mean, but you suggest lower all round zombie damage which is deffo something we don't want as it'd nerf push power etc too which seems relatively well balanced atm.

Has anybody made it to West Point yet? I'm too nervous to go into uncharted waters. :oops:

EDIT: Devs need not reply. cheater cheater pumpkin eater

Yes. Quite a walk, though.

Definately nothing you can do quickly and without preparation.

Has anybody made it to West Point yet? I'm too nervous to go into uncharted waters. :oops:

Ive played a few games on it but havent tried to walk from muldraugh if thats what you mean.

Clear your local cache and reinstall PZ; be sure the correct Beta option is selected in Properties after doing so. Might have just missed a file on an update.

What's a cache in this context, and how do I clear it?

You can either go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid and delete its contents, or (in Steam) right click on Project Zomboid and go into Properties. There'll be a friendly button in one of the tabs to do this for you.

Exiting and reloading a saved game caused the following exception:

(Comment: Bunch of lua loading files)

LOADED UP A TOTAL OF 188 TEXTURES

Created object cube of size 90x90x16 (518400 bytes)

Exception in thread "World Streamer" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

at se.krka.kahlua.j2se.J2SEPlatform.newTable(J2SEPlatform.Java:40)

at zombie.iso.IsoGridSquare.load(IsoGridSquare.java:1340)

at zombie.iso.IsoChunk.Load(IsoChunk.java:606)

at zombie.iso.IsoChunk.Load(IsoChunk.java:166)

at zombie.iso.WorldStreamer.DoChuck(Worldstreamer.java:107)

at zombie.iso.WorldStreamer$2.run(WorldStreamer.java:67)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Done some more testing and it seems as if this exception occurs if you exit a game (without quitting the program) and trying to reload the save you previously exited. Restarting the program and reloading the save seems to work just fine (except for teleporting zombies)

Not sure if small bug reports (/problems) are still allowed in their respective build threads. If not, sorry, and feel free to move my post if needed. :P

- The Pistols 'no-ammo' sound can be continually played by holding down left click with the weapon when unloaded.

- When going into 'build-mode' all UI goes white and there are some texture problems with the world.

- Rain animation sometimes froze or didnt appear at all.

- Crates created by the player are invisible.

- Two handed weapons stay equiped in the secondary slot when broken.

- Running with the pistol has a shotgun running animation without the weapon.

- Alarms arent dependant on location or sleeping (Basically you cant run or sleep through them :P).

- General FPS lowering, rooms stay pitch black for about 3-5 seconds until lighting up once inside them).

So, is it a known bug that I can't open the character health window by clicking on the heart icon on the left? Whenever I click on it, nothing happens. Not a dramatical bug, but I thought I share it with you :)

Westpoint is great from what I saw so far!

Oh, and what about the German translation of the survival guide? Not implemented yet? (would love to see my translation in action :D )

this is not about bugs i didnt even get to play this steam beta realease, so you can ignore this if want, but since i dont know where to do this and im sure people will see this here...

this game rules!

keep up the great work and thanks for the effort spent on this game! it is the best game in the genre by far even not finished

thanks to all developers and people involved! keep inovating because it is only getting better, good luck in future projects!

so, keep holding ctrl, holding then right mouse button to charge, then a leftklick to release? maybe i have to splice my dna with an octopus soon... :D

you have 10 fingers son, do work! :D ... although i agree with you to be honest, i think charging the attack with the left button seem more likely then using two buttons to do the job

so, keep holding ctrl, holding then right mouse button to charge, then a leftklick to release? maybe i have to splice my dna with an octopus soon... :D

you have 10 fingers son, do work! :D ... although i agree with you to be honest, i think charging the attack with the left button seem more likely then using two buttons to do the job

It's still two buttons as we already pointed out =P

Right click to charge, left click to attack.

It's still two buttons as we already pointed out =P

Right click to charge, left click to attack.

i didnt test it out so sorry to complain about it, it seems kinda stupid for me to complain about it actually, just one question do i need to hold the right button to charge or just click it would do it?

The right mouse button doesn't really seem to do anything, that CTRL can't do. Am I

missing something here nasKo? Example:

If you stand still and press CTRL nothing happens on screen. The character will not

raise the weapon, like he used to do in the last build. And it's the same thing with the

right mouse button - nothing visible happens. 

So, no matter if you press CTRL or RMB - nothing happens until you also press left button...

I could be wrong, but when standing still and holding RMB or Ctrl, you are still charging, just the animation isn't showing it - I think this will be fixed back to how it was at some stage? (Devs, please correct me if I'm wrong!) (clyde)

How do you even prepare for a walk that long? I mean you would need to set up a camp mid way in the high way to be able to reach that

How do you even prepare for a walk that long? I mean you would need to set up a camp mid way in the high way to be able to reach that

Just plan for a night of no sleep and a day of a no food and you'll be fine.

I'm pretty sure.

Remind me the weelie bin run to the north farm....

Haaa 0.1.4d.... :D

What are you smokin' :P the north farm wasn't in there till 0.2.0 builds :D 0.1.4d was the free demo and didn't even have the double sized demo map with the offices and villas. :D