Steam Beta Release - 31st Oct 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17 (0008)

RobertJohnson

well... my problem is a little rare (like my english, sorry, I'm from Argentina)
Before of this update (halloween) the game worked on 60 FPS constantly, and now with this update, works between 15-25 FPS =/... I've an intel dual core 2.60GHZ, 2gb ram and a geforce 620 (classic win7 ultimate 32bits)... why?... WHYYYYYYY T_T

PD: EXCELENT GAME! GREAT WORK!

Edited by Lautta17

I'm noticing that my game appears to crash at irregular intervals (I'll be damned if I know what's causing it specifically in game, as it seems almost random to me at this point) and then when it does crash, I appear to be "rolled back" to the last time I slept. 

I'm running build 17 (0008) on Steam at 64 bit.

I'm still getting some frame stuttering, it's definitely better than it was before but it's still enough that I'll wait to continue playing.  Also, now I'm noticing sprites flicker in and out of visibility.  As I walk around, furniture that should be transparent flickers into full opacity for a frame or so.  

Keep your heads up devs, you have an awesome game here and it will be a success without a doubt.  Unfortunately in your crunch time you've had to change things drastically and that's bound to cause problems.  

looking forward to playing again.

I keep coming across super zombies, ex. the last playthrough i had the strong trait and was well fed, went to a building near my house and got cornered by a single zombie that i couldnt push away or kill with my bat. ended up biting my head before i barely managed to get away, keep finding ones that are incredibly strong is this supposed to happen?

Make sure you're hitting with the "sweet spot" of the bat; that is, the farthest point away from the body where it will still hit. It will do much better that way.

I'm not sure about this, but it seems like possibly zombies are a little bit stronger now (probably a balance change), which is probably a good thing. They haven't been quite as much of a threat, lately.

It's also possible what you're seeing is just a side-effect of exhaustion, which is a little bit weird right now.

Wow this is great and very unexpected. Got home from taking my kids out trick or treating and a new version. Ive put a hour into it and its great! Though all 6 of my cores are running nearly 90% i am getting 86fps with no hiccups. And this is even playing 5760 x1080. I don't know what to say but damn fine job! If this is without any 3d added i cant wait to see how this game runs in the future.

Need to start testing for farming and carpentry bugs ASAP. And also test the mod loader to update my mods.

One last thing is the bacon the thin sliced or thick cut :)

Well the hotfix kinda did something to the FPS, it dosent dip to 8 FPS at all anymore, but still having some problems with FPS.

Also found out when entering low graphics mode pressing g you get around FPS more than normal, but when you are indoors you get this:

7wct.jpg

So when playing, i have to switch back and foward from low graphics to normal to play around 25-18 FPS

Atleast its a big improvment from 8 FPS, only getting 10 FPS insde of houses or shcools in the game.

is there some new feature i forgot? Because....

All stuff together i wear 6 kg, (6/8) and even backpacks are also not full. But the game say im overcharged (10/8).

Schoolbag has 0,5 kg , no matter wahts inside, or is there something new ?

By the way, nice work !

Nice to see how this game getting better step by step

Yeah same here. There is something strange going on here. The weight doesn't seem

to add up on your character. Items in bags however show the correct weight from what

I can tell. But not what you wear "in your pockets" or on your person. It goes up and

down and doesn't make sense. Devs - have you been tinkering or is it a bug?

Do you wear the bag ?

If you don't wear the bag, you won't have any weight reduction...

About the zombie strength, I added a new thing : if you hit a zombie while he's on floor, the timer for him to get up is reseted.

With this, Chris told me he'd like to lower a bit the weapon damage now, to make the fighting vs 1-3 zombies easier, but vs a horde much harder.

Tested here (but idk if I have the last sources from Chris), fighting like a charm, I charge, waiting the zombie to come, wait the last moment to push him, then kill him easily on the floor :)

About the zombie strength, I added a new thing : if you hit a zombie while he's on floor, the timer for him to get up is reseted.

With this, Chris told me he'd like to lower a bit the weapon damage now, to make the fighting vs 1-3 zombies easier, but vs a horde much harder.

Tested here (but idk if I have the last sources from Chris), fighting like a charm, I charge, waiting the zombie to come, wait the last moment to push him, then kill him easily on the floor :)

Yeah I noticed this, a very nice change. I also noticed (not sure when it was changed) that the hold attack with left button was removed, not sure how well I like that tbh. Held attacks for more damage seemed like a good idea

Hm, the new build seems to almost kill my PC. When I start the game i get 100% CPU workload (Core i7 2600k @4GHz) and everytime I click something in the menu all freezes. I have a second screen and all the programms there stop working.

In 9 out of 10 attempts to start a new game I get a CTD but when I´m ingame it freezes every minute for a few seconds. I even checked the freezing-time with a stopwatch and it´s really every 60 seconds.

My setup:

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k @4GHz

GPU: Nvidia 580GTX 1500mb VRAM

RAM: Geil 16GB

Java: 1.7.0_40-b43

PZ: Build 17 64bit

PZ is located on my SSD (Crucial M4), all other games work so I don´t think its the overclocking of my CPU. Tested the stability with prime many hours.

PS: I wanted to show you guys a video of the problems but Dxtory somehow can´t hook in the 64bit build.

Seems as if zombies now has gained the ability to teleport. Yesterday I saved a game outside a bedroom (second story, one entrance, one window) The bedroom was empty when I saved the game. When I reloaded the game and entered the bedrom, two zombies suprised me (i almost shat my pants!) and quickly turned me into zombie-food...

... I guess they Heard about my "kick in the groin" proposal...

Yeah I noticed this, a very nice change. I also noticed (not sure when it was changed) that the hold attack with left button was removed, not sure how well I like that tbh. Held attacks for more damage seemed like a good idea

You now need to charge the attack with the right mouse button, and then hit left button to attack :)

Any reason for this change? It seems more logical to keep it on left mouse, at least that's what I would assume was the method for held attacks if I was a new player. Not that it poses a problem now that I'm aware of it :P

No, you just don't need to hold CTRL anymore.

Both combat methods (Ctrl+left mouse click, right + left mouse click) will probably be an option.

Get used to doing combat only with the mouse and forget ctrl for a while. You will see it's much more comfortable than holding CTRL...

Also, the lack of praise for West Point is kind of baffling

Hey there everyone. I've updated to the latest beta version but when I attempt to run the game in both normal and compatibility modes a console window flashes up displaying an error message very briefly that reads "Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/invoke/AdapterMethodHandle" before disappearing again. Also if I run the .bat file I get this error instead:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid>set path=C:\Program Files

\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\

PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files\AMD APP\bin\x86;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\

Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Fil

es\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files\Lua\5.1;C:\Program File

s\Lua\5.1\clibs;C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin;\Java\jre7\bin;

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid>"C:\Program Files\Java\jr

e7\bin\java" -server -noverify -XX:+UseParallelGC -XX:+DoEscapeAnalysis -XX:+Agg

ressiveOpts -XX:+TieredCompilation -XX:Tier2CompileThreshold=70000 -XX:CompileTh

reshold=1500  -Xms768m -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=3 -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=tru

e -Dsun.awt.noerasebackground=true -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -Dsun.java2d.opengl=fa

lse -Dsun.java2d.pmoffscreen=false -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Djava.librar

y.path=./ -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -Dsun.awt.noerasebackground=true -Dsun.java2

d.d3d=false -Xms768m -Xmx768m -Dsun.java2d.opengl=false -Dsun.java2d.pmoffscreen

=false -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Djava.security.policy=applet.policy -cp

lwjgl.jar;lwjgl_util.jar;./ zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState

Error occurred during initialization of VM

java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/invoke/AdapterMethodHandle

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid>PAUSE

Press any key to continue . . .

Here are my specs:

I am running Windows 7 32-bit, an AMD Athlon 7750 Dual-Core Processor, an AMD Radeon 6750 1GB, 2GB RAM and have the latest version of 32-bit Java installed.

Both combat methods (Ctrl+left mouse click, right + left mouse click) will probably be an option.

Get used to doing combat only with the mouse and forget ctrl for a while. You will see it's much more comfortable than holding CTRL...

Ahh, so RMB is the new aim button, that makes a lot more sense!

I've just seen a few buildings in WP before I died of some fever. New to the game so I'm sticking to the old map with lower Z density until I get the hang of things. Also, I suppose most have yet to explore most of it

I haven't even gotten to enjoy it yet with all the crashes, character deletions, and other performance problems I'm facing right now  :cry: . I'm really looking forward to traveling between cities though once a bug fix update comes out!

I haven't even gotten to enjoy it yet with all the crashes, character deletions, and other performance problems I'm facing right now  :cry: . I'm really looking forward to traveling between cities though once a bug fix update comes out!

Your time will come

Hey there everyone. I've updated to the latest beta version but when I attempt to run the game in both normal and compatibility modes a console window flashes up displaying an error message very briefly that reads "Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/invoke/AdapterMethodHandle" before disappearing again. Also if I run the .bat file I get this error instead:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid>set path=C:\Program Files

\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\

PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files\AMD APP\bin\x86;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\

Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Fil

es\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files\Lua\5.1;C:\Program File

s\Lua\5.1\clibs;C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin;\Java\jre7\bin;

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid>"C:\Program Files\Java\jr

e7\bin\java" -server -noverify -XX:+UseParallelGC -XX:+DoEscapeAnalysis -XX:+Agg

ressiveOpts -XX:+TieredCompilation -XX:Tier2CompileThreshold=70000 -XX:CompileTh

reshold=1500  -Xms768m -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=3 -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=tru

e -Dsun.awt.noerasebackground=true -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -Dsun.java2d.opengl=fa

lse -Dsun.java2d.pmoffscreen=false -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Djava.librar

y.path=./ -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -Dsun.awt.noerasebackground=true -Dsun.java2

d.d3d=false -Xms768m -Xmx768m -Dsun.java2d.opengl=false -Dsun.java2d.pmoffscreen

=false -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Djava.security.policy=applet.policy -cp

lwjgl.jar;lwjgl_util.jar;./ zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState

Error occurred during initialization of VM

java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/invoke/AdapterMethodHandle

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid>PAUSE

Press any key to continue . . .

Here are my specs:

I am running Windows 7 32-bit, an AMD Athlon 7750 Dual-Core Processor, an AMD Radeon 6750 1GB and have the latest version of 32-bit Java installed.

Clear your local cache and reinstall PZ; be sure the correct Beta option is selected in Properties after doing so. Might have just missed a file on an update.