Steam Beta Release - 31st Oct 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17 (0008)

RobertJohnson

So I downloaded 17-0008 build and ran into a few major and game breaking bugs

1. Context menu is completely gone on West Point and Muldraugh on world objects (windows, taps, etc...) Inventory context is still functioning

2. Can no longer click on world objects to bring up their looting screen (fridges, drawers, etc...)
3. Was running in West Point and an alarm started playing, and my game completely seized up. I could still hear the alarm play and it stopped a few moments later, but I had to force close the game through task manager (Not entirely sure if the alarm triggered the crash, but I know it was the only noticeable thing)

On the flip side, huge fps increase!

so plz, which i have to choose ? I have a Windows 7 64Bit.

- Start Game

-Compatibity mode

-64 Bit

-64 Bit compatibility mode ?

Thanks ^^

OK only the first 2 works for me now.

But normaly which one i should take ? for the future :)

And Thanks for the UPDATE !

so plz, which i have to choose ? I have a Windows 7 64Bit.

- Start Game

-Compatibity mode

-64 Bit

-64 Bit compatibility mode ?

Thanks ^^

The clue is in your OS. :D

64bit...

WARNING: Right mouse button may not function in-game unless you follow instructions to clear out the Zomboid settings folder (be careful to keep saves) argh sorry this is something for RJ. Again I learn the lesson of releasing on a night. ;)

WARNING: Right mouse button may not function in-game unless you follow instructions to clear out the Zomboid settings folder (be careful to keep saves) argh sorry this is something for RJ. Again I learn the lesson of releasing on a night. ;)

I deleted everything in C:\Users\NAME\Zomboid except my screenshots folder and can report that this did NOT solve the context menu issue

Had the same first two issues as Zaydene, namely left-clicking not opening the loot window and right click context menu on world objects not appearing. Attempted both before and after clearing the zomboid settings folder minus the registration key.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling zomboid (and making sure the beta is still selected in the beta tab)

Did not resolve for me. :< Deleted local content via steam, deleted zomboid folder in user directory. Reinstalled with beta selected, ran 32 bit, same issues.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling zomboid (and making sure the beta is still selected in the beta tab)

Did not resolve for me. :< Deleted local content via steam, deleted zomboid folder in user directory. Reinstalled with beta selected, ran 32 bit, same issues.

Am at a loss, as it seems fully functional on my end, throughout 64-bit and 32-bit Windows.

Am at a loss, as it seems fully functional on my end, throughout 64-bit and 32-bit Windows.

Sadly i am also reporting that unistalling and reinstalling did not correct the issues for me.  Sorry to give some bads news.

Let's make sure we're all on the same playing field:

So, everyone with mouse issues, after deleting %username%\zomboid  (back this up if any saves are important to you) and the contents of C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid , go into Properties, select Betas tab then select Beta from the menu. Hit OK, and try to PZ  -- it'll redownload and reinstall.

On start up, don't set any options. Don't open the options panel.

Start a new game with a new character.

Does the problem persist?

There's now a thread for reporting this. Please post here:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/2479-context-menu-broken-report-here/

Found another minor bug

1. When accessing the option menu while a game is currently in session, the drop down menu appears and disappears very quickly.

2. Character does not face a window when you open/close it from the context menu

Accessing the option menu from the title screen stays there until you choose a resolution

Let's make sure we're all on the same playing field:

So, everyone with mouse issues, after deleting %username%\zomboid  (back this up if any saves are important to you) and the contents of C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid , go into Properties, select Betas tab then select Beta from the menu. Hit OK, and try to PZ  -- it'll redownload and reinstall.

On start up, don't set any options. Don't open the options panel.

Start a new game with a new character.

Does the problem persist?

The problem persists. old saves don't work either, but i'll be PM'ing that in anyway. The context menu actually does show up very rarely. The game has smoother fps (slightly), but seems to run much more sluggishly for me, especially while zoomed out. the "stutter" people are referring to may be something i noticed. the character suddenly jumps over about a tile every once in a while.

e8400 8gigs of ram, ati HD7950.