Steam Beta Release - 31st Oct 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17 (0008)

RobertJohnson

If I start a new game in the current steam interim build will I be able to continue it once this build is released?

Hesitant to start a game if I'm just going to have to restart in the next few days.

thanks!

EDIT: Also it really bothers me that I didn't capitalize the K and the G in my name... Is it possible to change that lol

I figured that would more likely than not be the case, thank you.

Guess I'll try my luck against some highly alert runners in sandbox. :cry:   :cry:

Speaking of sandbox, can anyone tell me what the transmission setting "everyone's infected" means?

I'm thinking it's like The Walking Dead in that everyone has the disease and comes back a zombie regardless of how they died. If so, I guess this doesn't really change much until NPC's come in to play, eh?

Having so much fun with this game. 

Cheers.

Speaking of sandbox, can anyone tell me what the transmission setting "everyone's infected" means?

I'm thinking it's like The Walking Dead in that everyone has the disease and comes back a zombie regardless of how they died. If so, I guess this doesn't really change much until NPC's come in to play, eh?

Yup, that is exactly what it means.

Yes, West Point will be in next version.

YAY!!!

Now that is something worth screaming about.

Oh, just an idea, even though driving cars won't be implemented for a while, it would be cool if you could add cars in driveways and just maybe on the roads or along the highway crashed ones, a big pile up on the highway or just a bunch of cars backed up like you see in the walking dead season 2. Looting would consist of you either opening the car doors if they happen to be unlocked or smashing the window, and of course there is always a chance to set of the car alarm. Loot wouldn't be that high other then suitcases of clothing, toiletries, a few non-perishables, personal belongings but of course there's always those people that are fanatics and have stock piled food and other things they would need and probably have a gun and ammo trying to get away from the city in there car so there car has alot of loot (quite rare).

Edit: Oh, would also be cool if you could sleep in the car.

Edit 2: Another idea!!!

If you could set up traps, for example if you created a pulley system to where a car was hanging up high and at the pull of a lever it would smash whatever is below it,  crushing it. This would be implemented into the crafting system. idk, i'm brainstorming lol.

(clyde)

I die so much I don't need to worry about my saves. I've never lasted more then maybe...ummm...two weeks.... :-|

Even though of constant death and never quite getting a real safe house set up anytime after the major update i still find the game fun  (clyde) I legitimately suck at this game.

I die so much I don't need to worry about my saves. I've never lasted more then maybe...ummm...two weeks.... :-|

Even though of constant death and never quite getting a real safe house set up anytime after the major update i still find the game fun  (clyde) I legitimately suck at this game.

The game is best designed to be fun for that amount of time though. Its once you start surviving for months that the game becomes less fun, because its supposed to tell the story of your death. Being super careful and not taking risks just makes it dull.

The game is best designed to be fun for that amount of time though. Its once you start surviving for months that the game becomes less fun, because it was designed to tell the story of your death.

Yea, I get that...I normally just end up doing something stupid to get me killed like "Shotgun time!!!!" or "Got leh axe...I can take on that horde :cool: ... :-| ...  :cry: nope"

Edit: but that'll be different once there are survivors, making your group, having your relationships and people dieing. Trying to preserve the group and survive as long as possible.

Man. This thread had me all excited, and then.....whoops not yet......desperate for West Point as it seems I unconsciously follow the same plan in Mud no matter where I try to setup. Day 1 hit houses, day 2 hit main drag shops, day 3 hit the warehouses. Looking forward to exploring. Can't complain really, this game has come a long way.

The game is best designed to be fun for that amount of time though. Its once you start surviving for months that the game becomes less fun, because its supposed to tell the story of your death. Being super careful and not taking risks just makes it dull.

I dunno i made it to 1 month 24 days on my last attempt and it was just after 1 month that it really started to get hard. the power had gone off at around 2 weeks and by 1 month i was almost out of non perishable food. by that point there were zombies everywhere and trying to scavenge for supplies was incredibly hard (and scary).

for some reason i kept setting off alarms even though the power had been off for over a month xD but either way i found it got more intense as the days went on.

Thank you Waib!!! I've been trying to remember mentioning this but keep forgetting, why do alarm systems go off even after the power is out hmmm? OK, battery backups, yes...but what about a month or so after? wait...I shouldn't care, I can't even survive that long.

I haven't been on here in a minute, but really stoaked to see you guys have done so much in the last several months. Time to scan the forums for the latest build and see how this baby is running :D 

Again, great job guys, keep it up (and the new forum looks terrific)