Steam Beta Release - 31st Oct 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17 (0008)

RobertJohnson

As always, it's recommended you back up your saves.

Lemmy: Warning: if you willingly participate in the beta then leave arseholeish unhelpful remarks about us or the version, then I'll get all banny. If you're likely to get in a huff and leave rude remarks if this BETA version isn't perfect or doesn't run well on YOUR machine then you've either failed to understand the point of these unofficial beta builds, or you're just generally being nasty, and neither of these are useful to the beta or community.

Change list :

• West Point
  • Fixed colors bugs in the farming info screen.
  • Fixed some mods loader bugs.
  • Fixed some bugs with the torch light context menu.
  • No more "sticky" tooltip in the skill panel.
  • No more duplicate bucket when making a plaster bucket.
  • Fixed bunch of farming bugs, thanks to Skallagrim.
  • Fixed "remove plant with a shovel" context menu option.
  • Fixed some bugs in the crafting (mainly with stairs).
  • Fixed "Climb Through" right click context option not always working.
  • Fixed inventory tooltip resizing on certains items.
  • Fixed items detail placement (remaining, nutrition...) in inventory.
  • Fixed some fire saving bugs.
  • Fixed some random thump zombie bugs.
  • Changed weight of gas can to 5 from 10.
  • Fixed "save name" width on certains translations.
  • Fixed the Nederlands UI translation.
  • Fixed some bugs with the rain collector barrel.
  • Fixed some fire saving bugs.
  • Fixed smash window context menu option.
  • Fixed destroy (with seldgehammer) context menu option.
  • Fixed infinite ammo bug : you can just set back your game to english to fix it (anyway, even in other languages it'll be fixed).
  • Added an average water indication on the tooltip when selecting which seeds to sow.
  • Now temperature and age of food are updated in every container (even plastic bag and stuff).
  • New context menu option for some food ("Drink", "Smoke").
  • Removed the weird traits icons in top-left corner of the character info screen.
  • Added an offset for text in the character info screen (strings were cutted in some language).
  • Improved performance on character creation screen.
  • Fixed some bugs for custom profression if not everything was set up (custom spawn point, custom clothes color...).
  • Now display the name of the profession if you don't have a texture for it in the character info screen.
  • Improved xp update (now you EveryTenMinutes event instead of OnTick).
  • Added permaLocked window to the "open/close window" test.
  • New items.
  • New Recipes.
  • Some UI polish.
  • Fixed some combat glitchs.
  • Fixed zombie sudden chase stop.
  • New Animation ! Floor Stamp ! Smash that head.

Hotfix

• Context menus should once again be working properly

Different Types of Responses to Upcoming Update Posts,

Over Excited people: YAY! UPDATE NEWS!

Fanatics: PZ update info!?!?!?! OMFG!!! EEEEEEEEKKKKK!!!!!

Normal people: Cool, upcoming update information, keep it coming Indiestone!

People who don't speak English: eibfeobgfoefbwofnefiuhefpnfgegwboifhb? uefvbwoebfwofboefbwfwoe!

Depressed loner Emo kid: update? umm....what am i suppose to do with this information...? They'll prob not even have this out for another month...well...i'm gonna go die in that corner...

Hyper active psychopath 11 year old: Hehe...hehehe....update....hehe...soon...soon....muhuhaha....i'lll...i'lll...kill you....all of you... ...soon...BLAGHHH

Robots: *Beep* *Boop* *Bop* *Bleep* *Beep* *Bloop* *Bop* *Beep* *Blop*

Stoner: Cool Maaaannnn! I'll be waiting for the actual update home dawwwggg!

Pervert: There gonna be naked zombies in dis one?!?!!?!!?! pllllzzzzz say yes!!!

Anger Management People: WHAT!!! THE!!!! FUCK!!! WHY DON'T YOU JUST GO AHEAD AND RELEASE THE UPDATE!!! DON'T TAUNT US WITH YOUR "UPCOMING" CRAP!!!

Texters: omg tmi kewl update news cant wait to play ben waitin 4 eva luv this game g2g ttyl

Haters: Ugh! No survivors!!! Really!!! You all suck, can't believe nno survivors still. Oh and wow, can't believe your so stupid you didn't realize that the ammo glitch had to do with the languages, that's so obvious, i already knew that like years ago!

Emojiconers:  :shock:   :evil:  (clyde)  (clyde)  (clyde)  (clyde)  (clyde)  :cool:

Me: Cool

Nice! Just wondering if you've fixed some of the problems with sheets on windows. Frantically trying to close a sheet you just put over the glass can kinda be a pain, especially when PZ decides you're trying to click something besides the window you're clicking on.

Not trying to be critical, mind :P

OS X: Oct 16 21:26:42 User-MacBook-Pro [0x0-0x28028].com.projectzomboid[237]: Invalid memory access of location 0x142f35000 rip=0x7fff80f1866f

Crash after starting a game.

I had the same problem but stopped trying to fix it. Try the compatibility mode.

OS X: Oct 16 21:26:42 User-MacBook-Pro [0x0-0x28028].com.projectzomboid[237]: Invalid memory access of location 0x142f35000 rip=0x7fff80f1866f

Crash after starting a game.

I had the same problem but stopped trying to fix it. Try the compatibility mode.

It was fixed in the previous interim build for me. Compatibility mode works.