Propane Tanks, Sewers, Power Lines, and Other Infrastructure

TheWraithPlayer

I've noticed a lack of a few things, hence the title.

Propane Tanks

I've seen the hand held 20 pounder in game, but non of the gigantic ones that heat homes and store lots.

Sewers

In game, there is no need to urinate/defecate, but if your like me you'd rather travel through the awful and smelly sewer than out on the open down-town street.

Power Lines

This has been talked about before, but I figure I'd say it here too.

Bath tubs & Showers

Like I said, hygiene isn't an issue, but you should be able to fill up your sinks and bath tubs with water by clogging or putting a stopper on the drain.

Heating and ACs

There also seems to be a complete lack of air conditioners and heaters. ACs and fans could cool you down if there's power, and a handy space heater could keep you toasty inside.

Fireplaces

Fire stoves are a thing, but I think that fireplaces should be available and would work pretty much the same as heaters.

Radios

I have just one thing on this subject: the ability to broadcast something on single player. essentially if another player was playing and listening on on single player, they'd hear and could respond. Don't know how hard that'd be, but it seems like it'd be kinda neat.

That's pretty much it for now. I know I went a little of topic in some places, but the main things for me are the top three items. And as always, thanks for reading.

Traveling through the sewers seems a tad unrealistic for a game like Project Zomboid. Sewer systems in real life (especially in rural areas) are mostly comprised of pipes too small for an adult to fit through. Even if they were large enough to travel through, you'd still be dealing with the fact that real sewers contain little to no breathable oxygen and an abundance of toxic gases.

Also: Alligators.

The rest of the ideas are solid, however. Especially the air conditioners and space heaters. For far too long we've been at the merciless whims of nature's fickle temperatures, powerless to comfort ourselves save for the shedding of sweaters.

Edited by Octopus
Additions

1 hour ago, Octopus said:

Traveling through the sewers seems a tad unrealistic for a game like Project Zomboid. Sewer systems in real life (especially in rural areas) are mostly comprised of pipes too small for an adult to fit through.

Louisville is a pretty densely populated urban area, I wouldn't be surprised if it had a sewer system by release

Sewers would provide a cool workaround to how populated the city is - sewers to get places would provide a somewhat safer route to where you need to go (although there'd no doubt still be a sizable portion of zombies down there), but you'd be limited to wherever the exits are, meaning you would eventually have to leave your comfort zone and trek through the streets once you've looted all the stuff near the manhole exits.

I suppose you'd also have, like, super dirty water down there after the pipes stop? I have no idea how sewers work and just how much of the liquid is water, but I guess someone really determined could filter it enough to drink if they absolutely had to

• 2 weeks later...