Varied body types

Comrade Crimson

Hiya, I'd like to request various body types and requesting potential modellers to make some for the sake of variety amongst humans/zombies in game, and alongside that, to add the "Tall" and "Short" traits.

Tall is trait where you move faster and have farther reach and therefore a positive trait. Short is a negative trait, a bit slower speed and less melee reach.

And the various body types are dependent upon the perk chosen by the player or NPC entity as follows:

Skeletal/malnourished- Chosen if someone is feeble or at an incredibly low weight/fitness level. Character is almost skeletal in appearance, should have a very agonizing/pained looking walk.

Thin- Chosen if someone is weak and at a low weight, normal fitness. Character is rather thin of both body and limbs.

Lean- Chosen if someone is weak or low weight, but good fitness. Character is a bit muscly looking texture wise but their limbs and body is somewhat thinner.

Average- No traits one way or the other, average fitness. Character is basically how they are portrayed ingame vanilla.

Muscular- No traits one way or the other, good fitness. Character is rather ripped and muscular, their walking gait is fairly confident and sturdy, occasional flexing.

Chubby/Stout- Stout/fat trait/higher weight with good fitness. Character is a bit chubby but has decent muscles for their arms and legs.

Fat- Overweight trait with high weight, average fitness. Character is rather portly/rotund, walks relatively normally if with a tad wider gait, somewhat thick limbs.

Obese- Obese trait with incredible high weight and/or poor fitness. Character is morbidly obese and very rotund, thick limbs and a large round torso with a large gut+breasts, walking animation is more akin to waddling than proper walking.

A tall order for this one, but if it could be tied with nutritional levels that'd be incredible. I think though just having a preset appearance tied to a perk would be good enough though in my honest opinion.

On 2/28/2017 at 11:53 AM, Comrade Crimson said:

Skeletal/malnourished- Chosen if someone is feeble or at an incredibly low weight/fitness level. Character is almost skeletal in appearance, should have a very agonizing/pained looking walk.

Just gonna take a study here http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/beauty/face-body/new-study-finds-models-are-woefully-underweight/news-story/3f9b5b531e899080da20c817e073a79b which states:

" a survey of 3000 models employed at every prominent agency in the world and determined that 94% of them are woefully underweight."

So I don't actually think their walk should be "very agonizing/pained looking" as it's not really painful to be skinny, you're a lot weaker and your health can also be a bit fucked up by it, but it has nothing to do with the way you walk. 

I think it would be nice with some physical indication, it wouldn't be too hard since they made the characters in 3d, so it's all about expanding or decreasing the size of their arms etc. though there's always the fear of collusion etc. I hope it's something they will implement at one point though.

Also I like the height thing you're suggesting, could be cool :9 But I agree 100% on the skeletal/malnourished. (Unless you mean almost dead malnourished, but then your character wouldn't really be able to move in that condition, just basically starving taken to a new level.

2 hours ago, Liva98989 said:

Just gonna take a study here http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/beauty/face-body/new-study-finds-models-are-woefully-underweight/news-story/3f9b5b531e899080da20c817e073a79b which states:

" a survey of 3000 models employed at every prominent agency in the world and determined that 94% of them are woefully underweight."

So I don't actually think their walk should be "very agonizing/pained looking" as it's not really painful to be skinny, you're a lot weaker and your health can also be a bit fucked up by it, but it has nothing to do with the way you walk. 

I think it would be nice with some physical indication, it wouldn't be too hard since they made the characters in 3d, so it's all about expanding or decreasing the size of their arms etc. though there's always the fear of collusion etc. I hope it's something they will implement at one point though.

Also I like the height thing you're suggesting, could be cool :9 But I agree 100% on the skeletal/malnourished. (Unless you mean almost dead malnourished, but then your character wouldn't really be able to move in that condition, just basically starving taken to a new level.

Yeah I didn't mean changing walk animation for normal skinny, I'm talking about like malnourished/skeletal. Which is effectively severe starvation.

Having all of this tied to the traits and stuff would be cool, the only changes to prevent clipping one would need to do is just change the animations for the morbidly obese one so its more like a waddle and the run is different, as that one would clip with the normal animations.

On 3/1/2017 at 8:21 PM, Comrade Crimson said:

Yeah I didn't mean changing walk animation for normal skinny, I'm talking about like malnourished/skeletal. Which is effectively severe starvation.

Having all of this tied to the traits and stuff would be cool, the only changes to prevent clipping one would need to do is just change the animations for the morbidly obese one so its more like a waddle and the run is different, as that one would clip with the normal animations.

And I didn't mean the normal skinny, I meant skeletal/malnourished. Most models are just that, malnourished/skeletal.

" The average model stands 177 cm, weighs about 54 kg with a BMI of 17.3. The World Health Organization classifies anyone with a BMI under 18.5 as malnourished. "

• 4 months later...

I dont think been short is a negative trait, just look at Messi, that guy can outrun any size individual while not loosing the ball. 

Been tall doesnt generally make you faster, you might have more reach, but one thing for sure alot of them are clumsy while running and maneuvering. At least thats what I remember from track in my high school years 04-07.

Now about body sizes, It be cool to have some overweight zombies, skinny and different heights.

• 2 weeks later...

You have no idea how nice it is to be a member of a game's community, in which it's members cite studies and statistics. :D Romero Bless You :D 

I too would love to see a bit of variety. As it greatly increases the amount a play time I can have in one sitting without it feeling repetitious.

There are a few mods that help with this already. Gorier Zombies, Zombies Spawn without clothes(sometimes). 

But the ability to see overweight zombies, short zombies, zed's with missing limbs, Little people Zed's, would be awesome. :D