Swimming and drowning

Comrade Crimson

I think that swimming should be a skill of its own that characters can select, and perhaps have some benefits associated with it.

Perhaps with swimming someone can do harpoon fishing or scavenging in water, sort of like foraging, and people with higher swimming skill can swim across more difficult waters (I.E rapidly flowing rivers) without being swept far downstream, and for those with no swimming skill or people who are too exhausted, as higher swimming skill means you get exhausted slower, will start to drown and flounder in the water. I think that zombies should naturally float as well and bob up and down in the water due to how bloated they can be perhaps, or just simply drag you down- which would mean there should be different depths of water and perhaps a sense of transparency with water to show silhouettes underneath.

People who die in water will flounder first and then sink below, and either disappear into the depth or simply rise up after sinking and be face down, arms and legs pointed downward as they float lifelessly in the water. Could also be really terrifying if someone is swimming and one of these "drowned" corpses suddenly wakes and thrashes and bobs towards the hapless player swimming.