V for Victor (and Vehicles)

nasKo

1 hour ago, Crazy ManMan said:

some cars are much more durable than others but most cars a civilian will have are going to be ruined fairly easily. My dad tells me cars when he was growing up you could really beat the crap out of them compared to modern cars but I am not sure how true that is. It also matters what end of the car is taking impacts. You could probably drive through more zeds in reverse than in forward before stalling out, at least based on a very small knowledge of cars and assuming that the engine is in front.

This is true that older cars were more "durable" but the materials had certainly shifted to the more crunchy safe materials by the mid 90s. That being said, a deer (or person/zombie) coming over the hood and through the windshield isn't going to be fun for anyone inside regardless of the frame lol

And you're right about the direction thing. It's common for demolition derby drivers to do this in an attempt to protect their engine :)

Also, I should note that my previously mentioned car was an old 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It was a beast of a car but a blunt hit to the wheel sure messed things up quick.

11 minutes ago, Crazy ManMan said:

unless the car is lifted higher than average things coming through the wind shield will be a big issue.

It's something people don't often think about but I'll never forget when they taught us how to "properly" hit a deer if it was going to happen in drivers ed. Most people want to keep slamming the breaks up until contact but at a certain point you want you let off the brakes and give it some gas right before impact if you know you're going to hit. That way your car pulls up a bit at the end, hopefully causing you to go over the deer and not let them flip up on the hood and through the windshield (it will still mess up your car real bad but you hopefully wont end up crushed to death by a deer carcass). Unfortunately with certain smaller compact cars this isn't possible at all though, as you're so close to the ground.

Something that everyone is missing when saying "driving slowly over zombies".

You are forgetting the fact that we are driving though zombies, those motherfuckers who can rip a log wall apart after some time.

I really want to see animations for zombies dragging you out either by the windows, getting in by the windshield or dragging you out somehow via the windshield.