Animations will one day be released hype thread.

Jack Bower

Yeah creative mode .. it's been a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng while ! i didn't remember this post, but hell yeah 2015 ! time goes fast !!! I wouldn't bet on anything for vehicules, see the animations, now i really wait it's released to believe in it :)

Edited by NagashUD

On 15/04/2017 at 2:01 AM, xXSly_WolfyXx said:

It's hard to believe we have been waiting two years for animations, I'm scared that we might not even get all of them such as sneaking until even later. Lets just hope by the end of this year we will have at least something to test.

When the animation update drops there will be sneaking anims but chances are there won't be cover anims (ie back to the wall, shooting around cover etc). These will more likely be implemented in another update further down the line.

7 hours ago, martingee said:

When the animation update drops there will be sneaking anims but chances are there won't be cover anims (ie back to the wall, shooting around cover etc). These will more likely be implemented in another update further down the line.

Ah my bad, I knew it was something along those lines though.

9 hours ago, martingee said:

Will we get kitchen knife / spear styled instant kills with special animations for the axes and other big bladed weapons? swinging 10 times til they fall over is boring and feels wrong for none blunt weapons

Nowt to feel bad about, sneaking and cover anims will be part of the overall "stealth" aspect but are contained in 2 separate systems. Sneaking already exists whereas cover doesn't which requires a whole load of new code.

It's while Lemmy was starting to write this code that much needed update to the animation system became obvious. That opened a can of worms that we're still working through. ;)

18 minutes ago, zoeyflower said:

Will we get kitchen knife / spear styled instant kills with special animations for the axes and other big bladed weapons? swinging 10 times til they fall over is boring and feels wrong for none blunt weapons

It should have, but nothing really sure about

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 7:46 PM, Lexx2k said:

Yep, "plan" - still, I have yet to see a game that made it well. :>

Maybe zomboid will be the first, who knows, but for now call me a pessimist.

You know, Crusaders of the Dark Savant - the fifth installment of the legendary Wizardry series by Sir-Tech - pioneered some pretty impressive early NPC interaction, allowing for somewhat open-ended dialogue with some, but not all of their NPCs way back in 1994. I, for one, thought that they had opened the door to revolutionary new NPC AI. But they did not improve on that through any of the next three installments. Nor did anyone else in the computer gaming industry. As a matter of fact, most NPC dialogue and AI isn't much advanced from what I programmed in my programming classes in high school back in 1981.

From what I read, TIS had NPCs, but just didn't like them, because they were too two-dimensional. They want 3-D NPCs, which I'm willing to wait for, because a good interaction with an NPC would be light years ahead of everything else.

On 4/16/2017 at 0:46 PM, martingee said:

Nowt to feel bad about, sneaking and cover anims will be part of the overall "stealth" aspect but are contained in 2 separate systems. Sneaking already exists whereas cover doesn't which requires a whole load of new code.

It's while Lemmy was starting to write this code that much needed update to the animation system became obvious. That opened a can of worms that we're still working through. ;)

Thanks for working with this team to help them with their highly ambitious dreams for this game! I've become quite a fan of your work, with the vehicle models, animations, hats, weapon models, and such. :) 

8 minutes ago, Blackbeard06 said:

Creative mode... I remember waiting for that.. Waited too long to the point where I sucked it up for a few hours to learn how to make maps.. Fast forward to today, I'm not sure about creative mode now. Once I figured out how to make maps it became easy...

Go forth and infect others with the mapping virus!

I've waited on this game for five years. Every once in a while I would check back and it is only the advancement of the Workshop that I have been able to get a ton of hours into the game.

Then I'll drop this one after a while (my Twitch stream loves it ATM), come back to it next year, see what's up then continue.

Same thing I do for Minecraft as well. 

On 14/4/2017 at 11:38 AM, NagashUD said:

Don't wanna blame devs or something, but first was planned the big creative mode update, fell into abyss, then animations, fell into abyss as well, and now showing cars .. really? can TIS finish something they show? i really do love this game, but with the time it starts to feel on a neolithic stage and not much goes forward, medic system should be reworked (what ever the injurie it's magical bandages) role play ? which role play, what ever the character job that changes nothing really .. (no special interactions with jobs : buglar can't lockpick, electrician can't desactivate alarms) etc .. why the game needed radios and tv first ? was this really the more important thing to add ? more than real usefull content ? i know TIS are not many in their team so why not plan something in a realistic ETA ? atm i'm waiting a huge update before to play again.

Funny enough that is the same reason i stopped coming to the forums and hide even the game from steam for a while now (after trying it to play it just felt really unstable with the NPC mod and vehicles mod), it really feels like a cycle of features looming over the horizon that never come, the animations and vehicles were first showcased at the same month. i think around Feb 2016 they were first showcased and vehicles in Feb 2017 too, it amazing how they both seem very familiar.

Both show incredible progress towards release, everything seems to be in order and then nothing, i was so sure that at the mid-end of summer 2016 we would have the animations because all the mondoids pointed towards a release and then some features here and there were added like the gore and modding tools and complications all around, i wouldn't make such a fuzz about this if the animations were feature completed (sneak, cover) but they wont be, they are just a shadow in each mondoid (that after reading 4 mondoids in a row, they were kinda similar, but still in dev-time sometimes nothing spectacular happens).

On 14/4/2017 at 0:55 PM, BayCon said:

Vehicles (surely by the end of summer... right?)

In fact, I was waiting for one of those features before I even came back to the forum again. One year later and the animations still have not come out.

EDIT: I just looked through old Mondoids and realized that I started waiting for this over two years ago...

That's... frustrating.

Blue Mondoid - May 11, 2015

https://projectzomboid.com/blog/2015/05/blue-mondoid/

I wouldnt even bet my money at the end of the summer, if we are lucky we will see them by November or December plus all the IWBUMS time needed to be ready for public, very early 2018.

I will check progress by the end of the summer to see if we got some light into the animations or not, but i doubt we will even see a release of them by summer.

Devs : "see what will come on PZ !"
some decades later ..
Why devs don't let us try new anims on IWBUMS ?? they had some problems exporting 3d, but since a year ?
Cars on the video still show without 'next animations' hmmm
Please can TIS focus on one thing at time ?
(devs will spit on me) !

1 minute ago, NagashUD said:

Devs : "see what will come on PZ !"
some decades later ..
Why devs don't let us try new anims on IWBUMS ?? they had some problems exporting 3d, but since a year ?
Cars on the video still show without 'next animations' hmmm
Please can TIS focus on one thing at time ?
(devs will spit on me) !

My understanding is that there are different people working these different features, and I imagine that if they thought moving all people onto one feature would improve progress, then they would do that.

Developing these features concurrently is probably the more advantageus route anyways because they can better prepare to integrate these things as they go, instead of making one system and then realizing they need to redo it all using a different system in order to make future features work together best.

• 4 weeks later...

As a new member to this game, I can see that the new models should be pretty cool!  I think the add of the new models will make it a bit easier on the Devs and mod makers of this project. Sprites are very very time consuming and would be very slow going to make the kind of progress needed to make this all happen within a reasonable time frame.

I am honestly happy with things as they are now.   Sure a few bugs here and there, but the over all idea is just freakin awesome!   I have been so pleased with this game thus far!  I was here more for how much potential this game has!

I feel the new models will offer a much more wide range of what zombies are wearing, and a new look at what kind of gear and clothing we wear.  I think this will appeal to a larger fan base with the new animations.

While folks like myself and many others who are NOT here for the graphics, but more so for the Retro feel of a zombie game that really delivers on so many fronts!

Sure it is no 7 days to die.. But I put it on par with that game,  as this game has a real charm to it.

The new stuff will only add to that charm.

Lets remember.  You CANT not please everyone..  There will always be a group of folks who just will find something they hate about it, and rail upon it.  if you can please 80% of the people who play, that is about the best you can get.

This game is slow moving,  and I was told NOT to buy this game.. it was dead and was a money grab.

The person who told me that I feel was 100% wrong.  and is missing out on a great thing..

It will only get better from here!  These things take times.. YEARS... is a virtue!

Edited by Zysin5

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
17 hours ago, sniperman1109 said:

Here’s The link to the suicide animation video you were talking about and you will find a mixture of other animation vids on the playlist to! 

Haha that guy must be the worst survivor ever.

"OMG I ended up in a corner SOMEHOW, there's literally no way to get out of here" *shoots himself*

:D