Animations will one day be released hype thread.

Jack Bower

55 minutes ago, zoeyflower said:

theres a similar mod for gta five too where your last selected 2 rifles would be holstered to the back and your last selected pistol strapped to your thigh, it just looks so badass.

i also remember a roblox game called apocalypse rising had a feature for a while where your special items would show up on your backpack, if you had a map for example it would stick out off a pocket and if you had a gps it was attached to the bottom, its all these little things and details that make everything look and feel so much more awesome

I have that mod and played arround with it, from having the pistol in the back of the pants, in a shoulder holster. A belt holster etc. Would be awesome if they could do it :D Maybe holsters would be another "layer"  on your character

57 minutes ago, zoeyflower said:

the apocalypse rising backpack stuff was excruciating work to do since they needed each single backpack to have several different submodels of those special items being carried which is why they eventually dropped it again, it would be a bit easier to do in blender i guess since you can like overlay extra model stuff on basemodels like the clothes on characters but i dont know how the devs work and I totally wouldnt hate them if they didnt include that

I do wonder if we are going to be able to make models in blender and export them to PZ.

I do recall something like that but i dont remember well what it was, but i am sure someone will mod that feature in. Be able to tell what weapon a character is carrying and what he can shot your ass with is important (NPCs and Players alike, even Rust added that to the game now)

7 hours ago, Blasted_Taco said:

Is kinda weird, last time we heard about them it was the usual "progress on the animations continues" since Feb 20 and then radio silence because they started to show the maps and vehicles.

If(mentioned previously && and not mentioned in subsequent Mondoid then state unchanged. In this case that'd mean work to implement rotation and get the rest of Martin's models dependent on rotation integrated, while fixing any bugs or redoing anything that doesn't work.

It's not repeated every week because repetition seems to trigger people.

2 hours ago, Blasted_Taco said:

I do wonder if we are going to be able to make models in blender and export them to PZ.

I do recall something like that but i dont remember well what it was, but i am sure someone will mod that feature in. Be able to tell what weapon a character is carrying and what he can shot your ass with is important (NPCs and Players alike, even Rust added that to the game now)

Aiming to implement a few common model formats instead of forcing people to use conversion scripts .etc. This is on General Arcade's list.

On 27 February 2017 at 7:31 PM, zoeyflower said:

What? 7 Days to Die is so visually disturbingly terribad that I quit playing and tried refunding (didnt succeed tho cause of over 2 hrs playtime)

7 days to die is literally more painful to look at than a pile of steaming poop, dont even get me started on these giant parka leather trench coat down jacket thingies that are completely skintight in shape but somehow 9 times as fat as the body under em

Literally minecraft looks better than 7dtd

Also if im correct theres specific people working on the anims, specific people working on the coding and other stuff etc so anims time shouldnt be slowing down other development time, its a great update that will make the game much more fun to play and look at for those that like visuals AND gameplay

7d2d and PZ are my favourite games, both games lack in visuals, but don't forget 7d2d is a voxel game, random terrain has come a long way, but to say mine craft looks better, is just stupid

5 hours ago, ld-airgrafix said:

7d2d and PZ are my favourite games, both games lack in visuals, but don't forget 7d2d is a voxel game, random terrain has come a long way, but to say mine craft looks better, is just stupid

Im not talking generally about graphics im talking about how the clothes are all skintight and shaping along the exact contours of the body under em even the thickest trench coat does, the character customization is beyond A B Y S M A L and only ever characters coming out of it look like goblins following several generations of inbreeding, the lighting is garbage at least last time i checked shadows all have the incorrect colors skyboxes dont contribute to the athmosphere etc etc minecraft does so many aesthatic things better than 7d2d from shaders to models, the voxel terrain is one of the few only things that look good and even then the houses look like garbage contrasting against that terrain its hard to explain with words I guess but minecraft really does look much more pleasant at least in my opinion and I feel like PZ has done visuals really well the athmosphere does a great job the lightning is nearly perfect the new shaders make it all look even bleaker the blood splattering the environment looks not only believable but also realistic like the droplets that appear one by one instead of immediately splattering all over the floor and the animations look really well done 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not to be rude but is this ever going to happen? The only thing we get is an occasional "yes we are still working on it", but thats not much information.

My personal speculation that ive been juggling for a few weeks is that theyre trying to make a big update with vehicles and animations and new map areas that can be massively advertised for more sales. "Project zomboid got a huge update, you should totally buy it its way better now" and the like.

Itd be nice if we could playtest these builds, seeing as I bought the game years ago and would like to actually play it but playing the old build does nothing but make me sad that I cant play the new one.

4 hours ago, Ziggylata said:

Not to be rude but is this ever going to happen? The only thing we get is an occasional "yes we are still working on it", but thats not much information.

My personal speculation that ive been juggling for a few weeks is that theyre trying to make a big update with vehicles and animations and new map areas that can be massively advertised for more sales. "Project zomboid got a huge update, you should totally buy it its way better now" and the like.

Itd be nice if we could playtest these builds, seeing as I bought the game years ago and would like to actually play it but playing the old build does nothing but make me sad that I cant play the new one.

I know that feel.

On 2.4.2017 at 4:46 AM, Ziggylata said:

I dont want to stir up any bad hype SO

************************THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS NOT OFFICIAL ************************

************************IM NOT PZEELEAKS ************************

************************I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE DEVS ARE DOING************************

In some thread before a developer or mod jokingly mentioned that theres no comment on wether npcs will be in launch or not or something like that about npcs possibly being released along with animations

Also theyve shown quite a lot of NPC videos where the NPCS looked close to finished

They ***********M A Y********* be releasing NPCS along with the animations and cars update

************************THE INFORMATION IS NOT OFFICIAL ************************

************************IM NOT PZEELEAKS ************************

************************I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE DEVS ARE DOING************************

It's no secret that animations are paving the way for the incremential implementation of the NPC systems.

This means the biggest change to the game so far is paving the way for something bigger.

NPCs will not be released alongside animations. That would simply not be possible, just to destroy any illusion.

We've mentioned the five step plan before, which we'll talk about in detail once the animation system found its way into the game.

To be honest, I don't really get all the hype about NPCs. I mean, I don't really need unresponsive / barely interactive drones randomly traversing my garden and whom I have to protect from certain death. I have yet to see a sandbox game that made NPCs interesting. At the end of the day, I'd rather have a real story mode with NPCs and meaningful dialogues and such. Something like a mix of Dead State in my Zomboid. Now that'd be something worth looking forward to, imo.

Edited by Lexx2k

21 minutes ago, Lexx2k said:

To be honest, I don't really get all the hype about NPCs. I mean, I don't really need unresponsive / barely interactive drones randomly traversing my garden and whom I have to protect from certain death. I have yet to see a sandbox game that made NPCs interesting. At the end of the day, I'd rather have a real story mode with NPCs and meaningful dialogues and such. Something like a mix of Dead State in my Zomboid. Now that'd be something worth looking forward to, imo.

Answered your own question, there. There's hype because we don't plan to have unresponsive / barely interactive drones randomly traversing your garden

To be honest. I've mainly been waiting on digging holes and basements.

Don't really need the basements just the zombie moats <3.

Holes / Trap floors could be fun too. Regular human weight doesn't drop you but once your carrying a ton of crap you fall through the floor! (Best base defense! People can loot but they can't escape!)

7 hours ago, nasKo said:

Answered your own question, there. There's hype because we don't plan to have unresponsive / barely interactive drones randomly traversing your garden

Yep, "plan" - still, I have yet to see a game that made it well. :>

Maybe zomboid will be the first, who knows, but for now call me a pessimist.

Edited by Lexx2k

8 hours ago, nasKo said:

It's no secret that animations are paving the way for the incremential implementation of the NPC systems.

This means the biggest change to the game so far is paving the way for something bigger.

NPCs will not be released alongside animations. That would simply not be possible, just to destroy any illusion.

We've mentioned the five step plan before, which we'll talk about in detail once the animation system found its way into the game.

Thats great information and pushing for a solid date is not something I want to do, but a rough estimate, something to look forward to would be wonderful because with the For Honor flop and Dark Souls 3 being an absolute trainwreck I am finding myself bored out of my mind.

12 hours ago, Ziggylata said:

Thats great information and pushing for a solid date is not something I want to do, but a rough estimate, something to look forward to would be wonderful because with the For Honor flop and Dark Souls 3 being an absolute trainwreck I am finding myself bored out of my mind.

Not gonna get any, sorry. It's "No ETA", not "no dates".

11 hours ago, Ziggylata said:

If they gave a release date everyone would just be dissapointed when it didn't come

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 0:11 PM, Lexx2k said:

At the end of the day, I'd rather have a real story mode with NPCs and meaningful dialogues and such. Something like a mix of Dead State in my Zomboid. Now that'd be something worth looking forward to, imo.

Me, too. I like the NPCs in Dead State, but would prefer if they were a little more open-ended. Too many times you only get two choices and either means a character will die. I'd prefer more intelligent NPCs. I think that's what the devs are trying to give us and why they have been so difficult.

Don't wanna blame devs or something, but first was planned the big creative mode update, fell into abyss, then animations, fell into abyss as well, and now showing cars .. really? can TIS finish something they show? i really do love this game, but with the time it starts to feel on a neolithic stage and not much goes forward, medic system should be reworked (what ever the injurie it's magical bandages) role play ? which role play, what ever the character job that changes nothing really .. (no special interactions with jobs : buglar can't lockpick, electrician can't desactivate alarms) etc .. why the game needed radios and tv first ? was this really the more important thing to add ? more than real usefull content ? i know TIS are not many in their team so why not plan something in a realistic ETA ? atm i'm waiting a huge update before to play again.

4 hours ago, NagashUD said:

Don't wanna blame devs or something, but first was planned the big creative mode update, fell into abyss, then animations, fell into abyss as well, and now showing cars .. really? can TIS finish something they show? i really do love this game, but with the time it starts to feel on a neolithic stage and not much goes forward, medic system should be reworked (what ever the injurie it's magical bandages) role play ? which role play, what ever the character job that changes nothing really .. (no special interactions with jobs : buglar can't lockpick, electrician can't desactivate alarms) etc .. why the game needed radios and tv first ? was this really the more important thing to add ? more than real usefull content ? i know TIS are not many in their team so why not plan something in a realistic ETA ? atm i'm waiting a huge update before to play again.

Oh wow I completely forgot about Creative Mode. Jeez... I'm also waiting for one of 3 huge features before playing the game again. I'm going to put them in the order I think they'll arrive:

Vehicles (surely by the end of summer... right?)

Animations (maybe at the same time as vehicles, but despite the fact that they've alluded to it, I don't think so. My money's on maybe a month or two following the vehicle update.)

NPC's (mid-2018. I'm calling it.)

In fact, I was waiting for one of those features before I even came back to the forum again. One year later and the animations still have not come out.

EDIT: I just looked through old Mondoids and realized that I started waiting for this over two years ago...

That's... frustrating.

Blue Mondoid - May 11, 2015

https://projectzomboid.com/blog/2015/05/blue-mondoid/