Log wall oddness

Dedbones

I am not sure if this should be in the bug thread or not, so forgive me if I wandered into the wrong room, but I noticed an oddity with Log walls recently. when built, they require 4 logs and 4 ripped sheets (IIRC) but if I tear one down, it produces planks and nails like any other carpentry item disassemble. While it was wonderful at the time as I needed the nails badly, seems wrong and could be a potential exploit to craft nails late game by building log walls only to break em down for easy nails. Or maybe not, idk, I've only survivedĀ for 3 months in my game but I thought I'd post this in case it hasn't been noticed or addressed yet just in case

Ah. You are just finding rough nails in the wood. A little understood aspect of the McCoy logging company is that they are actually in the nail business. Usually you need to put the logs through a good deal of processing, but occasionally you can find a few in high pressure zones between bark and knot.

LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES

I suspect it has more to do with something dumb like all wooden walls sharing similar disassemble code-work.

ice-2013-1-_0869.jpg

Archived