Survival No Kill Challenge

msarabi

Hi, i want to start a "No Kill" run with no mods on survival, means 0 kill in the stats, and also i want to challenge you guys that how long you can survive with 0 kills.

The only rules are 0 kill in the info tab and using no mods on survival difficulty, so if zombies fall down and die or burn or any other way it is accepted.

i will tell my no kill build and my journey here later.

I am intrigued by your challenge, but I wonder about what guidelines are in order to address the map difficulty we choose? is it free-for-all and we just list if we play on (eg; The first week/easy, etc) or should that be defined as well? either way I'll give it a whirl

2 minutes ago, Dedbones said:

I am intrigued by your challenge, but I wonder about what guidelines are in order to address the map difficulty we choose? is it free-for-all and we just list if we play on (eg; The first week/easy, etc) or should that be defined as well? either way I'll give it a whirl

I forgot to mention that. The difficulty is on survival

Next chance I get, I'll try it and we'll see how I do. Too bad I can't copy paste my current guy Richard (dean) Anderson into a new game for this, the bastard survived two broken shins, a severe abdominal burn from when my neighborhood burned down, a deep bleeding wound from falling off a house with a still broken leg, waking up surrounded by two seperate helicoptor events, a few really bad bleeding scratches from zombie ambushes, a sleeping pill overdose, plus I had to dig glass out of my arm after I accidentally crawled through the wrong window. Not bad for a 3 month old Hypochondriac lol I'm amazed I haven't gotten him outright killed yet (Although I'm still keeping an eye on him to see if the last scratch didn't sleeper-infect me with zomboid)

Made a Fitness Instructor who was hemophobic and a pacifist. Spawned in the north trailer park in Muldraugh and looted a schoolbag, orange soda, water, apple, cake and chips. Zombies ran me outta town on the rail lol. Made my way to an old abandoned rail-stop with a pair of Zambos inside. Tried my luck at finding items which resulted in me getting locked in a room with one zombie, the other trying to break his way in. Nothing but a large wooden crate standing between me and a hungry dead guy until I ran for the door and slipped by. Continued North until I came to the rural road that led south to the Isolated forest house. Foraged on the way which made my survivor super sleepy, so I walked onward until I got to the front gate of the forest house. Couple zombies inside and the portable was locked up tight. Opened the front door to coax out the Zombies (With the notion of leading them out into the woods and losin em) Only for them both to break through the windows instead! Stupid dead people. Lost em in the woods anyways and made it back to get some shut eye, Hoping real hard they didnt come back and eat me in my sleep.

Woke up at 24 hours. Tried to forage again and instantly got super sleepy again. I dont think my survivor enjoys foraging.... Chopped down a tree with a stone axe an then remembered how i passed up on the chance earlier to loot a saw from a crate! Idiot.... Well, I figure I can go try and loot one from the trailers north, or the rail yard south. Probably less zombies in the railyard, so I sleep again and awake at 1 day, 17 hours in pitch black to start my journey. Halfway through the forest, It starts POURING rain. Got soaked, but I found my way to the railyard! aaand its got a loaad of Zombies. First building has nothing but paperclips and pens, but the second building I got to I found a bunch of nails, some seed packets...and a Saw! victory i shout to myself, as i run up the stairs followed by a pack of dead people. made it out and safely got back to the Forest house at 2 days survived. I'm actually doing better than I thought given the really rocky start I was having :D 

Then forgot the 0 kills rule and instinctively caved in the head of a zombie that found its way back from the night before. FML

Definitely seems like a non-base building type of challenge. You could definitely build one, but you'll be run out of it for sure. I guess you could use distractions...

Wilderness nomadic survival more suitable for surviving with no kills is more likely, so that's how I'll try this once I finish up my current survival which I'm doing really well at. Good challenge idea.

My Character build for No Kill run:

Positive traits                                                        Negative Traits

♥ Organized                                                                                             ♦ Unfit

♥ Low Thirst                                                                     ♦ Very Underweight

♥ Keen Hearing                                                      ♦ Weak

♥ Fast Learner                                                         ♦ Pacifist

♥ Fast Healer                                                         ♦ Prone To Illness

♥ Eagle Eyed                                                         ♦ Hemophobic

♥ Lucky                                                                 ♦ Weak Stomach

♥ Light Eater                                                          ♦ Hypochondriac

♥ Inconspicuous                                                    ♦ Slow Reader

♥ Graceful

♥ Brave

♥ Wakeful

♥ Outdoorsman

♥ Dextrous

My survivor is stealthy. he can not run for now but i usually walk and near zombies i always walk in stealth mode. Inconspicuous and Graceful traits are important. Keen Hearing can save your life because now you can see more than one block behind you, so zombies can not surprise you. Eagle Eyed is good for keep the safe distance with them and is a strategic trait for loosing them even behind 4 trees! Low Thirst and Light Eater are good because you don't worry about food and drink that much now, and in survival mode loots are rare and power will be shut very soon. that is also a reason for picking Lucky trait (10% more loot worth it). I have no skills at all in the start (except 1 in fitness) so Fast Learner will help me Build my future

. With Outdoorsman i have no worry if i stay in the rain for several hours, i never catch cold and Wakeful will help me do more tasks before tiring disturb my quests. Organized is good when i get some levels in strength. Fast Healer is not very important but if you burn or cut yourself you will be healed much faster, because there is not much medicines around. With Brave you will become less panic means less stress means a nice sleep and Finally Dextrous will help you quickly empty the safe before cops show up!

For negatives Unfit and Weak traits will be replaced by better traits over time (when you get level at fitness and strength skills). Very Underweight will be removed by storing enough calories. We don't use weapons so Pacifist is necessary. Thin Skinned is not bad but a little risky. Reading Books is just for once so Slow Reader is a good one to pick. others will have no effect if you be careful of what you do.

This is my build. i have started and survived for 2 days for now and close to reach a stable condition. I'm gonna build my fortress near a small lake south east of Muldraugh.

Just now, Dedbones said:

Ahhh Aiming is stealth mode and Shift must be SUPER stealth mode ok. I read stealth mode and got the notion of doing a little ninja-ish tiptoe or something haha

We may just get something like then come the dawn of animations. :]

Grab your ukeleles, ladies and gentlemen- theres gunna be w whole lotta tip-toeing through the corpses.

2 minutes ago, Zombadger said:

We may just get something like then come the dawn of animations. :]

Grab your ukeleles, ladies and gentlemen- theres gunna be w whole lotta tip-toeing through the corpses.

Gimme all the animations you want as well as a Ukelele, I'll always run full speed through my Safehouse corpse pile in the nude. That just means I'll look super animated-awesome ripping an epic Ukelele Solo riff doing so

STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN YOU UNCOUTH BLOODY DEAD SAVAGES!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived