Talk about your favorite game or genre

Cdr.Keen

Am currently re-discovering good old "fighting fantasy" gamebooks in their new digital forms (by Tin Man Games and Inkle Studio). It's strangely touching, and even more strangely hooking. And I appreciate not having to physically write down my char stats and my combat damages. Though I caught myself drawing maps again.

Some of them include, as a bonus, some testimonies from the original authors (Ian Livingstone or Steve Jackson), and that's quite precious.

7 hours ago, Cdr.Keen said:

I know it's PZ (clyde), but what else are you playing right now?

What.... else?

Instructions unclear. Ended up playing PZ.

RPG's from the 90's. Chorizo Trigger, Slippers of Evenmore, Finally Fantastic 3. Occasionally Mind Kraft (So Hungry). Old FPS such as Dude Nude'm, Fried all the Crawdads, Unpeeled (God Im so hungry.), Wafflestien & The Scent 1 through 3.

Those well known classics.

derpgamer.jpg

9 hours ago, _Gold_ said:

Rainbow 6 Siege. I have 420 hours which is a lot for me. 

Also, I'm back

I'm EVEN MORE BACK.

These last weeks I've been very much in team-based breach-in games, but I play solo (with controlled or AI team members). All variations, from the extraordinarily magnificent "Hard West" to the extraordinarily magnificent "Steamworld Heist". But also a lot of "Swat 4", lately. So, how does this "Rainbow 6" compare, in that genre. Is it focused on multiplayer, or enjoyable solo ? Does it allow you to plan, order and control AI teams à la "Swat 4", or is solo play a one-char-fps story ?  

Does it allow you to incapacitate and arrest the enemies, or is it just a slaughter game ?

1 hour ago, Cdr.Keen said:

At the moment i'm trying Ghost Recon Wildlands open beta. It looks really cool, but i have to play more to get a view of it.

I'm currently doing the same, I think it could be really good, but I'm gonna wait for the full game to be released so I can watch gameplay of the real thing. But from the Beta, I'll probably get it

The graphics and the idea of the gameplay ist very cool. It's just a beta, but it looks like they really put some work in the story.

I'm playing solo at the moment. The team AI feels not fully developed. Maybe it's because i'm playing at normal mode. Also the enemys are a bit to lazy - maybe i have to chose a higher difficult.

• 4 weeks later...

The game is really cool so far.

Did you hear something about the Bulletstorm New Clip Edtion?

Bulletstorm is a sleeper, i played it 6 years ago and had a lot of fun with it. I'm looking forward to buy the remastered edition.

Archived