Server Renting & Setting up

jonaleks

Hey guys, me and my friend rented our first server ever, at Nitrado.net

Setup was very easy but I do not know what I am doing since its the first time we rented a server. Could someone help out me with few things:

1. Loging in to server:

I can find my server in PZ but cannot connect to it! What kind of username and password should I use? If I want to login as admin or as a regular player? Where do I define this?

What option should I select if I want my server to be private or password protected?

2. Adding mods to the Server:

I know how to define mods in the ini/info file, basicly I just copied over settings from our previous MP game that I was hosting from my pc. But do I also have to copy mod folders to the online server?

Thanks guys!

Edited by jonaleks

Hi there! I have a nitrado server too, best way to manage it is via ftp, make a new default server on your computer, set the admin password, then move the files to its place on the server ftp files.

For the privacy options there are on the servertest.ini file that you set up the mods too, server will download them after a restart, also works for the mod updates.

4 hours ago, EUDOXIO said:

Hi there! I have a nitrado server too, best way to manage it is via ftp, make a new default server on your computer, set the admin password, then move the files to its place on the server ftp files.

For the privacy options there are on the servertest.ini file that you set up the mods too, server will download them after a restart, also works for the mod updates.

Thanks @EUDOXIO, I will try FTPing the files over.

Isit also possible to migrate our previous MP game over, the world and the characters?

One more thing, I cannot save Additional Mods in Nitrado since it says I have to separate them with a comma, but it should actually be a ;   - so Mod1;Mod2;Mod3 etc... When I click Save, it saves just the first mod and also erases everything else in servertest.ini file.

Should I just leave this window empty and set it all in servertest.ini?

Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 08.30.46.png

If you have all your old server files, you can use them, the world is to drop all the files in their path, and for the characters, if you have enabled the server id, you need the same servertest.ini file to match that, or you can remove it and log in with them

And yeah, best way is to have all the config files ready and upload them, since the web manager sometimes does strange things like that.