Server for friends

Keltron

My friend wants to open a private server and play sometime with friends (steam). But he found a problem as after a certain time the chat stopped working, than map doesn't downloading(just black spaces). So he tried to relogin to the server, but it was written like "server stopped working during startup (NormalTermination)". After, he decide to restart the game - all the changes are not saved, only the characters (there was like a soft reset). Then he decided to open a server through "PZ dedicated server", but then he even can't see the server in the list. Do i have to ask him to give me server logs? Or it's easy to fix it? Thank you.

Sounds like port 8766 was blocked by Windows firewall or the router. It needs to be opened as UDP for both inbound and outbound connections. Might as well open port 16261 as UDP, as well.

Though it shouldn't really be necessary if a Hosts server worked. It might be worth just restarting his computer and seeing if it just works.

He told me that he opened tcp and udp in both ways(inbound and outbound). 8766 wasn't blocked as he told, coz he put it in exception list. He will try to restart PC. 

He does not has a router, only direct cable, and the provider opened all ports. And he  bought a white IP and settings are made under the opportunity to open the server. Also he is using win 10 and maybe its something blocking from the system.

When he is truing to run the dedicated server - No UPnP-enabled Internet gateway found, you must configure port forwarding on your gateway manually in order to make your server accessible from the Internet.

(it means he has to make UpnP?)

Or it's possible to open a proper server only using router?

So he tried to use the router, opened these UPnP, but its still written tthe same (No UPnP-enabled Internet gateway found, you must configure port forwarding on your gateway manually in order to make your server accessible from the Internet)

Edited by Keltron
new information

More news. He opened UPnP, server created normally but he still can't see it and join.

2) he still cant see the server like public, when he is trying to login - written "P2P connection failed: 4".

Start through  'StartServer32' or 'StartServer64' or  PZ Dedicated Server from within Steam. All same. All ports are open.

Looks like we found the problem. Win 10 firewall blocks all ports and it does not matter if you put them in exception list. Turning off the firewall can solve the problem, but then the PC will be without protection, and he does not want to leave it like that. 

Do you know how to fix it?

Edited by Keltron