The Story of Louis Rogers

Crisco

This is something I decided to do because I play this game alot and thought why not make diary entries along the way? This format will be in a video type format which you will see as you read along. I will post more as the story of my character progresses.

Day One of the Outbreak:

A video recorder cuts on to a man. He has brown hair with striking brown eyes. He appears to be in his mid twenties and it is quite obvious that he is deeply disturbed by something and is very fidgety looking around him constantly.

"I don't know if this thing is on I'm guessing it is though because of that annoying red light showing. Hopefully those things don't see it who knows they might have ultra vision or something like that. " The man looks behind him at a wooden door, next to it is a medium sized survival ax. "Hello to all who might watch this in the future. I am here to tell you my experiences in this new world. I may not live but well at least somebody might see my story if this tape survives." The man pauses again and moaning can be heard outside. He does not speak until the moaning can no longer be heard. "Ok I think they're gone. I'll start with my name I am or at least was Louis Rogers, a construction worker for the local McCoy logging corporation. I am 27 and live on the outskirts of the town of Muldraugh." The man looks down and something can be seen in his hands a small item that appears to be a crucifix. "I can't believe I actually thought religion was a thing." He throws the chain against a wall it can be heard hitting the ground soon after. Louis buries his head in his hands. "I just gotta get it together I have to if I want to survive. I can't do this right now I'll tell you what happened today tomorrow I just gotta think right now.... just gotta think."

Day Two of the Outbreak:

The camera cuts in to a man staring right into the lens. He looks very tired and worn despite the fact that the time stamp on the bottom right states that only a day has passed since the last recording. "Hey everyone its Louis again. I was listening to the radio today and I heard them say the local police were getting a grip on the uhhh situation." Louis pauses a mix of rage and sadness  fills his face. "I'll tell you the truth they aren't. As a matter of fact I went to the police station today and guess what I found? It abandoned. That's right besides the few hordes of zeds." Louis chuckles under his breath and mumbles about how stupid the name is. "It was completely empty and where they store the guns and ammo was  unlocked. In there I found enough fire power to take over a small nation. So, I did what any survivor would do I took it. I'm going to have to make a run back there in the future just so I have enough munitions to last me."  He pauses and lets out a long sigh "I am a man who keeps my promises also and I will tell you what I saw yesterday. The day started as any other. Me waking up grabbing a quick snack and walking to my work. You see as a town as small as this one you really don't need a car to go around in. Everything is fairly close so it's not really an issue. As I walked there I realized it was just too quiet but didn't think much of it. When I arrived at the small warehouse there was someone  was already inside. This was strange considering that I was usually the first to arrive. I wish I didn't walk in then but I did and what I saw will be stuck in my head and dreams for the rest of my life." Louis shivers obviously disturbed just thinking. "I saw James my boss leaning over what appeared the body of a young girl, and he was ripping into her.  I grabbed the nearest item which happened to be a shovel that was laying inside one of the open crates and approached him. "Hey man" I said  he responded with a growl and kept on feasting. I was almost upon him when he turned around. I noticed the bite on his neck made by human teeth. This in all honestly terrified me. I screamed as he jumped on top of me. The shovel I was holding went under a close table which was just out of my reach. I started grasping for anything to hit this guy with. Just before I had lost all hope my hand fell on something metallic. A blade of some sort. I picked it up and stabbed it into his head. He crumpled up right next to me. Around this time is when I realized the moaning outside. It was time to go but who knew how long it would be until whatever that was would go away so I armed myself and packed a hiking bag that I found in a locker with supplies. After I had done this I ran all the way home not looking back because I knew if I did those things would catch me. So that's what happened yesterday." Louis starts to reach for the off button but stops just before he touches . "Oh and I thought I would start ending these videos with some advice for the survivors. Get a knife. Go for the brain and you will always win one on one. If, you anticipate them coming." Louis once again reaches for the camera and the screens turns to blackness before the clip ends.

Day Four of the outbreak:

The camera cuts in to Louis. He looks to have shaved and the bags under his eyes seem to be less noticeable. A aluminum bat can be seen laying on the bed and the survival ax seems to be in it's usual place. "Hey again, to whoever might be watching this. I didn't record anything yesterday. I am sorry for this but..." Louis reaches into something near his feet. He pulls out what appears to be an assault rifle of some type. "I got to use this bad boy yesterday on those things." He laughs obviously very happy about this fact. "So as you can see I went back to the police station yesterday. I actually found this in one of the gun lockers labeled swat. I didn't even know we had a swat team! The crap you learn when no one is around" He pauses and examines the weapon checking the mag and safety before putting it down again. "Anyways I was wiped out after that and just completely forgot about it." His smile begins to dissipate. "Unfortunately not everyday could be like yesterday today I saw one of the first survivor on the street... and possibly the last. She was in her mid twenties and.. she was beautiful. I heard her screams when I was boarding up my windows on the first story of my house. I of course went to investigate and I found her a bat in one arm and a bite on the other. The corpse of the zed lie next to her."  The memory obviously scares him. "I just want to let you all know I'm not a murderer you see that morning I heard how the virus spreads. Through the infected specimen biting you. So I put here out of her misery with the pistol I had on me just in case things went bad. She knew what I was doing when I leveled the pistol at her head. I saw it in her eyes she was thankful for this quick death. After I had done the deed I buried her. Something that I have never done before. The digging was hard but I knew she deserved it after what she had gone through." He looks back at the bat laying on the bed. "This was her's and I'll use it to kill as many of those things in her memory. So, now for my daily piece of advice be careful with using guns they attract A lot of unwanted attention." Louis reaches for the camera and turns it off.

Day Seven of the outbreak:

The camera shows nothing but blackness moaning can be heard very close. Whoever or whatever is carrying the camera seems out of breath and mumbling something about taking stupid risks. The feed seems to run this way for some time before a door can be heard opening in front and closing behind a few short moments after. A hand reaches into the the bag and grabs on to a small knife not even thirty seconds later it can be heard entering into some type of meat. The knife is then put back into the bag and the camera is pulled out. The scene that is displayed is a gruesome one a mother and son both young are holding hands dead in the floor and a huge man can be seen crumpled not far away. "Ah crap wonder how this thing got turned on" The voice is the one of Louis a bit more scared than usual but it is him. "Sorry that you had to see that guys" The camera is whipped around to show the face of Louis a bit bloodied and  scratched here in there but still in one piece. "I am now holed up in this little work shed I'd say it's near the halfway point between Muldraugh and Westpoint. I brought alot of supplies and such with me to set up shop. My old safe house, let's just say got overrun I'll tell you the story right now. You remember how I said I was boarding up the windows of the first story of the house yeah. I got the great idea to start working on a small perimeter fence around the house and possibly start growing my own crops just to be that more self sufficient I had the fence halfway done when the first small group showed  up I easily dispatched of them of course but they kept on coming. Wave after wave. I know I should've made a stand there but I couldn't so I packed my bags and ran. I ran and ran until I couldn't anymore then I walked until I got here." He makes hands gestures showing off the mobile home now makeshift shed and home. "Anyways guys besides that looting has been going well I might actually go back and see how bad the situation is back home I'll keep you guys up to date I promise. Now for the advice segment" Louis chuckles. "I should be getting payed for this giving out my own hard learned lessons out to the public but here it is. Don't think where you are is safe because it never is be always on your toes always ready to move." The camera cuts to black.

• 2 weeks later...

Day 12 of the outbreak: 

Loud banging can be heard that seems to be coming from every direction. John is seen pressing his body against the door. On the other sides the zeds can be heard shrieking and moaning.  John begins to speak "This place is officially compromised I'm trying to hold em back but as you can see..." He is not able to finish before the door is taken down. Three zeds pour into the room and are seen trying to get to Louis who is at this point, under the door. He very calmly pulls out a pistol that was in a holster and shoots the three missing a few shots in the process. "I have to go now and, I don't have the space to carry this on me. I'm sorry that you will not be able to know more about my adventures but I think I've wasted enough of your time. Now for a final piece of advice" Another zed can be seen entering the room very quietly. Louis does not notice him "Don't give up, when you start to have the mentality to not live is when you fall prey to the most dangerous thing in this apocalypse. A sense, to just die and be another statistic in this time. There will be a better future ahead I promise just live to see it for me ok?" The living corpse grabs Louis shoulder, he is obviously is surprised to see the zed there and is unable to shake it off. The pair slowly starts heading towards a window. Louis back is now on it as he reaches for a bat next to the curtains. Louis screams "Go to Hell!"  and strikes the bat into the zombies head. With the follow through Louis smashes the window behind him. The zombie however is still very much alive and lunges at him hurling them both out of the window. A faint thud can be heard very shortly after. The camera eventually runs out of battery. 

-----------------------

And thus ends the story of Louis Rogers. This character is still alive but, with a broken leg. He is currently surviving in some abandoned cabins far from the reach of any zeds. I do still play with this character but believed this would be a good place to end his story. Tell me what you guys think if you read this far.

• 1 month later...

Archived