IndigoRebel Buildings

IndigoRebel

These are the buildings I make for my map projects, feel free to use them for your own projects.

MODS_01.png

197px-Spiffo_MODS_02.png

NewYork Style Apartments and shops

This is my first building ever for zomboid lol.

The little out of place floating bits is just my screen glitching a bit

Spoiler

Screenshot (2).pngScreenshot (6).pngScreenshot (5).pngScreenshot (4).pngScreenshot (3).png

LINK

https://www.sendspace.com/file/k7997i

Edited by IndigoRebel

I know Ive been spamming nothing but apartments really, but its mainly because of the district on the map im working on calls for lots of apartment buildings

So as the great DJ Kaled would say

"ANOTHER ONE"

This one has a shoe store on the bottom aswell some garages for a back alley

not to mention the only entry into the apartments is through the back.Screenshot (48).pngScreenshot (49).pngScreenshot (50).png

LINK 

https://www.sendspace.com/file/jaru2y

1 hour ago, cardenaglo said:

So your apartment building perfectly fit into a slot in one of my poorer towns! It was as if it was meant to be. But on another note your buildings are great! I'll try to start releasing some of the ones I've made that way it doesnt feel like its just you lol

Yea ive been enjoying the building part of the map making.
I tend to make stories up of the past residents of each apartment. And I don't limit myself to just making basic rooms. sometimes say the person who resided in  the apartment was messy as hell compared to his neighbor.

Also have been getting better and better at it,

Found one of the best methods to finish an apartment complex quick is to get a floor ready to be duplicated for the next floor, so Ill draw out the rooms, place the doors, windows, all the fixtures and appliances and lights before I duplicate the floor.
This way I don't have to place all the toilets, sinks, counters, lights, and stoves when I start furnishing all the rooms.

If you completely furnish a floor before duplication then youre going to either stick with each floor looking exactly the same or youll have to do the tedious task of deleting and replacing furniture to dispel the copypaste illusion 

Maybe aim for some more interesting alleyways?

Fire escapes!

For smaller apartments I have seen alot of places near me where there is a store on the first floor, then a second floor that is about half the area of the first floor. To access the second floor apartments you climb stairs to the roof then walk on a paved path on the roof to your apartment door. 

1 minute ago, Ciber Ninja said:

Maybe aim for some more interesting alleyways?

Fire escapes!

For smaller apartments I have seen alot of places near me where there is a store on the first floor, then a second floor that is about half the area of the first floor. To access the second floor apartments you climb stairs to the roof then walk on a paved path on the roof to your apartment door. 

Can you provide some pics of that?

And fosho on the alleys I want them too.

Ive grasped the building stuff better so I have been experimenting with more complex designs.

Sato Building Cluster

This building took me a while but its complete. its 2 apartment buildings with storage lots behind them to create an alley between them.

There is also a Laundry place, a hair salon, a grocery store and a clinic below the apartments.Screenshot (51).pngScreenshot (52).pngScreenshot (53).pngScreenshot (54).png

Screenshot (55).png

LINK

https://www.sendspace.com/file/lvedgy

Edited by IndigoRebel

Yaknow just dont post in the Building section if youre not sharing your buildings, if you have exclusive buildings for your project then please post in your WIP thread for that project. Its disappointing to see new posts in this section and see its just "exclusive" buildings previews.

Keep it all in one thread please!

I just rant alot ciber, and don't want to be too harsh on anyones thread, so Ill just rant on my thread to stay out of peoples way.

Also Ill check that out now and see what I can do.

I have another Apartment building done, Im starting to believe this is my specialty now. This is two buildings, a small store and an apartment building.

Screenshot (57).png

Screenshot (58).png

Screenshot (59).png

LINK

https://www.sendspace.com/file/3l3k4f

Ive been covering my low income HighDensity hence why I have so many apartments. I have whole cells strictly for just commercial buildings which I will eventually get into. At this moment ive finished a large apartment section and will be getting into some town houses and flats.

Bruuuuh I would love to just get into the office buildings because the apartments really do kill time.

Atleast most apartments have a boutique or store tied to them so theres that.

Im excited for the more high income areas because I have sweet Ideas for penthouses. But by the looks of it the first playable areas are predominantly lowincome buildings.