This game is just a waste of time joke

serverload

Seriously. Been playing PZ since forever. Not sure what the devs think this game is or should be, but Not only is the zomboids seem to be developed towards the hardcore players aka reworked and changed. But so many blatant bugs and issues that just DON'T seem to be fixed for months. Yeah you can focus the zomboids to the 'old' player base who just want hardcore op zomboids that spawn non stop every day, but what about the same OLD original players who want to base build and still take out the zomboids, but not have to deal with 4 8 12 24 etc etc spawning on the same street everyday and you have to run back due to exertion and lack of decent weapon. I even did sandbox mode and twice I have been bitten by invisible zomboids. One bit me and never to be seen again, and the second (I did scout around my base, and my house has walls built all around it.. I was putting items in a crate i had built and then i hear the bone crunching, then I see the blood moodlet, and then I had to run around my crate twice and finally a zomboid pops into my vision...... Seriously, I LOVE this game, but stop ruining it for the general players who want to enjou it. Who wants to start a game and then 10 days in have 50 zomboids surrounding your house and you have no way to even escape. Call me a pansy, idc! But This game use to be enjoyable!

As Trojan said, sandbox is an invaluable resource for players that aren't quite tall enough to ride the Hardcore Roller coaster. 

Instead of complaining about dying to bites, maybe you could also try just using a cheat mod to heal yourself instead of choking on your pacifier.

10 hours ago, serverload said:

Seriously, I LOVE this game, but stop ruining it for the general players who want to enjou it. Who wants to start a game and then 10 days in have 50 zomboids surrounding your house and you have no way to even escape. Call me a pansy, idc! But This game use to be enjoyable!

A few tips here:

-Sometimes it is necessary to leave your base for a while to lure zombies away with shouting and guns

-Make sure you always have at least two ways out of your base! Remember there is always a chance zombies will overpower your walls and you may have to leave

-you can turn off zombie respawn in the sandbox options. Set the respawn value to zero. Or, you can just set it to a lower number for less respawn. You may also want to set a lower zombie multiplier: try setting starting population multiplier to .80.

-Sometimes zombies glitch, and can attack you from anywhere on screen including out of view! I find this only happens when I shove a zombie and then run away. When it happens, log out of the game, quickly!!

-You may find online play to be more fun. If you find a large server, other players generally help keep the zombie population down. Look for "TheGoodOldDayz" PVE server, people are super friendly and if you ever find me I can help you get started!

Play sandbox and set re-spawning as you like it.  I find the default Survival settings to be unrealistic.  I don't want to go back to the days where once you cleared an area it stayed clear forever but I also want to have an impact on my environment.  If I kill hundreds and hundreds of zombies in my neighborhood I don't want to wake up every morning and have the the area infested again.  I also modify the starting number to a lesser amount and let it ramp up over time and decrease the respawn interval and rate.  I also like the starter kit option.  Starting a game in your house without access to some basic items that are in 99%+ of houses just doesn't seem realistic to me.  The challenges to zombie apocalypse survival (single player) should be zombies, NPCs, environmental conditions, and food/water.  Not being able to find a hammer in your own house is not a fun challenge.

20 hours ago, serverload said:

1) Seriously. Been playing PZ since forever.

2) lack of decent weapon.

3) I even did sandbox mode and twice I have been bitten by invisible zomboids.

4) Who wants to start a game and then 10 days in have 50 zomboids surrounding your house and you have no way to even escape.

5) Call me a pansy, idc! But This game use to be enjoyable!

1) Seriously? Forever? Like, how many hours in total?

2) Hammers and buterknives aren't decent weapons?

3) Were you playing with the Deaf trait for those sweet extra 12 points? Not sure how even an invisible zomboo could have snuck up on you.

4) Preparing for the helicopter event is the bacon and potatoes of the game. After that it's just farming simulator until you run out of butterknives and hammers.

5) Okay, pansy. This game gets more enjoyable for me and people like me with every update. I know I'm not the only one who likes a game were the challenge is the fun. Too many games are hand holding, participation prize giving, button pressing tutorials.

Thank the gods Indie Stone has given us this wonderful simulator, that I might experience true horror at the prospect of having it all taken away from me the moment I stop caring enough to make daily sweeps through the nearby forests for walkers.

I feel for you, I do. But I disagree vehemently. I would like to hear your strategies in getting walls up before day ten, though. I can sometimes barely get the doors and windows boarded up before then.

bacon-zombie.jpg

Archived