Monroeville

Blackbeard06

Monroeville has now been released!

An area south of Rosewood. This map contains a suburbia, Airport, Military base, Research Lab, City, Farms, and various outside settlements. The map is in a usable state. I plan to add more detail and buildings in the future. If you discover any bugs please report them here or in the Steam work shop page.

You may download the map from the Steam workshop here.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=915801691

I've used many community made buildings from the Building Pool V2 which was made from 30 different Artists.

I'd love to thank you all for your hard work in making this map possible!

Atoxwarrior BeastlyBean Blackbeard06 cmseter dko112 DoctahWong Doublebrain EUDOXIO fluffe9911 GothicGhost grivcin Jela331 kaizokuroof Leolvanov mads232 Mainulainen Neutralnz1 rsdworker Sieben srandiny The googlator Traya Aclus Valindil Veged VikiDikRUS Way2sp00ky Z3759xy IndigoRebel zoeyflower

Below is the initial WIP post, you may also reply your bugs here.

~Initial post~

My second map, and currently 10x10 cells. Features a suburb spanning 2 cells, a city, Airport, and various others. Lots of scattered settlements here and there as well. I'm trying to make every single building for the map, so it would be a new experience for everyone and to get some new buildings out there for everyone to use.  I am making this with quality in mind and want to make this map very detailed like others. The area I plan to place this would be south of Rosewood, and should roughly be the size of West Point as far as content..

Not sure on the release date, regardless after this map I plan to make a huge map. Like 45x45 cells or more if possible. (inspired by Cardenaglo's bunjil map.) More info on that when this one is finished..

20170429161136_1.jpg

Edited by Blackbeard06
map released

On 2/13/2017 at 10:32 PM, Blackbeard06 said:

Not sure on the release date, regardless after this map I plan to make a huge map. Like 45x45 cells or more if possible. (inspired by Cardenaglo's bunjil map.) More info on that when this one is finished..

Now I have even more reason to finish that tutorial i was making for randomly generating maps of any given size. 

So far things are going smoothly. A lot of time will be spent on making each building for this map as I am trying to make everything on my own. I may outsource other buildings from other creators, but for now so far every building is of my own creation. I am working on the suburbs section of the map, making sure I get some quality work done, hopefully I can estimate an ETA, but so far I'm still not sure when I will be done. I've also decided to make a laboratory in the map, this place will be a key location that could add some backstory on how the infection spread, in time we will all see soon what could be there.

monroevill suburbs tease.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So far so good, took a short break so I don't get too burnt out, but Monroeville is coming along nicely. I just finished up on a area of suburbia, added a few things, and now working along the commercial areas nearby. So far I have made 35 new buildings which I'll release separately when the map is done.

Added a pic of my 4 monitors. 10 points to whoever can guess who I'm listening to, 10 more points to whoever can guess the name of the music video. Hint, gonna visit Canada to see them at Montebello RockFest this June. By then I should have this map done or at least in the final stages.

pr_update.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well yesterday marks the first month of production! Time flies when your having fun and working. So far I have finished all suburban areas! I am ahead of schedule and so far everything is coming together smoothly. If I were to place production in phases, I would be on phase 2, out of 5. I am currently working on the military phase, populating everything, including the military limited area (not my other map). After the military zones I have the airport, city and the final phase, touch ups. The only major slow down to everything is creating buildings. I've decided to speed things up by using the communities' building pool to help me out on the buildings, doing so I can finish this map waaaaay sooner. Hell, while using the community, I can also fix many outdated tiles from the current pool so that is a big plus and I get to kill two birds with one stone.

So as far as ETA this map should be finished by late June. I try to work hard, but also try not to get burnt out. I tend to finish a lot of work at times so it could be sooner. Regardless I do not plan to release this map until it is finished.

BTW, the video was Rammstein - Ich Tu Du Br Weh, for those that are wondering....

The building I am currently working on (Work In Progress) is a secret... In time You'll be able to discover what secrets hide from within... If you guess what it is I'll buy you, or a friend, a copy of Project Zomboid. (Gift through steam).

a building.JPG

Edited by Blackbeard06

• 1 month later...

I have just finished everything, but the city (in yellow) So far it's been a pain in the ass fixing a minor setback, but am still on schedule. The fun part of today was creating a location that could provide clues on how the infection could have spread.

The next step will be the most tedious, populating the city and making it look good. I plan to make this area a high density location meaning a huge CQB hellzone with deathtraps at every corner and A LOT of buildings. The only thing about this area is a possible FPS and performance issue, depending on everyone's computer performance. I'll be pushing the limits in this part of the map.

I'm excited about vehicles so I am going to try and push this map to be finished and release around the time vehicles are released in the stable build.

I'll also add a special city building I have been working on for a few months now called The Tower from We're Alive. Modeled during Season 1, this building will be the ideal zombie safehouse. I will also be adding Dunbar Apartments, the most secure tower you will find in the world of Project Zomboid. If you can find it you can have it, for a price...   For those that know, enjoy! For those that don't you should check out the Podcast, it's a great story.

roadmap.png

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, so I'm finished! I am now starting the process of performance testing and making sure everything is working. In game. Currently I have everything in place with most fine details in place. In time I will update the map with further fine details and making everything pretty. For now it's doable and ready to go. Once performance testing is ready, I will be releasing the map. I have obviously finished ahead of schedule, which is a good thing. I have a few things left out, but nothing that will hinder the map. In time I'd like to add a few more buildings and much more detail, but for now its looking good.

This has been a good project. The first project I've ever worked on that took a long time to complete. It was fun and I have learned a lot about mapping in Project Zomboid. Can't wait to release this map once performance has passed!

I've just finished the initial performance testing. Inside the city my FPS dropped to 23, but only when I was running near the skyscrapers. Other than that I have to adjust the zombie spawn map to make the zombies spawn accurately, and fix a few very small things. Other then that I will be planning to release this map tomorrow on steam!

• 1 year later...