Custom maps loot

riccardochiara

1 hour ago, riccardochiara said:

Hello,

I want insert maps like california or phoenix on my server, but people speak about NO LOOT generates by these maps, is it true?

Can we do somethings for these maps for generate loot?

Thanks for help and have a nice day!

Bedford Falls and New Denver were the only custom maps that were respawning loot before the previous 2 updates.  I just added New Denver from the Workshop to my server.  It appears to not be respawning loot. Map is fully loaded.

26 minutes ago, Paul Redeker said:

Bedford Falls and New Denver were the only custom maps that were respawning loot before the previous 2 updates.  I just added New Denver from the Workshop to my server.  It appears to not be respawning loot. Map is fully loaded.

Are you saying New Denver had no loot at all? I've just tested it myself on a new single player game and the loot was working fine, I checked the contents of the mod too and it had all the necessary files.

Isn't there already servers running with most/all of these different maps working as they should? There isn't anything that can be done to the mod map itself to make the map behave differently between single player and multiplayer games.

52 minutes ago, RingoD123 said:

Are you saying New Denver had no loot at all? I've just tested it myself on a new single player game and the loot was working fine, I checked the contents of the mod too and it had all the necessary files.

Isn't there already servers running with most/all of these different maps working as they should? There isn't anything that can be done to the mod map itself to make the map behave differently between single player and multiplayer games.

If any of the other maps zones overlap, loot respawning, foraging, .etc can break. Some maps also do not include zone definitions.

Can't remember if Bedford Falls was a problem on Redboid or not, as we eventually removed it due to some tiles lacking collision leading to continuing problems.

There's also sometimes issues with sneaking maps in via the save files rather than letting the server generate them, for whatever reason.

58 minutes ago, RingoD123 said:

I just added New Denver the other day, straight from steam. No file manipulation to get it on.   It doesn't appear to be respawning loot currently But there is the initial loot spawn.    Previous to the the last few updates only Bedford/South Muld/New Denver were custom maps that were fixed to respawn.

South Muld/Bedford  loaded jacked up on my server, so I can't say anything about those.  

New Denver loaded fine.  It's set to 6hr respawn.  I've pulled some things and no one has been out there and it's not respawning currently.  

16 minutes ago, Butter Bot said:

If any of the other maps zones overlap, loot respawning, foraging, .etc can break. Some maps also do not include zone definitions.

Do you mean if any given map mod has zone definitions which overlap, or different mods which have cells that overlap?

I think as long as they have their chunkdata.bin files added the respawning should work, if they don't have zone definitions then foraging wont work.

22 minutes ago, Butter Bot said:

There's also sometimes issues with sneaking maps in via the save files rather than letting the server generate them, for whatever reason.

I think this is where the issues being seen in multiplayer in regards to maps not working right when they seem to work fine in single player are coming from, but my knowledge with server setup/hosting is very limited.

It does seem however that servers that wipe when adding new maps seem to have more success.

35 minutes ago, Paul Redeker said:

I just added New Denver the other day, straight from steam. No file manipulation to get it on.   It doesn't appear to be respawning loot currently But there is the initial loot spawn.    Previous to the the last few updates only Bedford/South Muld/New Denver were custom maps that were fixed to respawn.

South Muld/Bedford  loaded jacked up on my server, so I can't say anything about those.  

New Denver loaded fine.  It's set to 6hr respawn.  I've pulled some things and no one has been out there and it's not respawning currently.  

. . . how?

New Denver overlaps Muld. You would have had to manipulate the files to not have that overlap or have done a fresh start on Terminus.

20 minutes ago, RingoD123 said:

Do you mean if any given map mod has zone definitions which overlap, or different mods which have cells that overlap?

I think as long as they have their chunkdata.bin files added the respawning should work, if they don't have zone definitions then foraging wont work.

I think this is where the issues being seen in multiplayer in regards to maps not working right when they seem to work fine in single player are coming from, but my knowledge with server setup/hosting is very limited.

It does seem however that servers that wipe when adding new maps seem to have more success.

Both zones and cells can  overlap, particularly as most (if not all) custom maps overlap Muldraugh.

But it's hard to tell becuase there's no debugging in-game for zones, respawning, or distribution.

We were able to "fix" our last respawn issues by purging the map and only restoring bases once we verified respawn was working, for example. Though we only use New Denver at this point (Rosewood, March Ridge, and our import of save files of Pheonix broken before the reset). 

5 minutes ago, Butter Bot said:

. . . how?

New Denver overlaps Muld. You would have had to manipulate the files to not have that overlap or have done a fresh start on Terminus.

It's Dead Pixels.  Terminus was wiped and ended almost 6 months ago. 

New Denver map was updated to not overlap anymore a few days ago. That's why I added it back. Maybe it'll start re-spawning  after a bit like the vanilla maps did last reset. I simply added the mod ID/name/number.  No file manipulation. 

I also lucked out out and didn't have to wipe Rosewood after the PZ update to fix loot respawn there.  It just started working after the fix. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OK a bit more light on the subject, if a map has not had "foraging" zones added it will not respawn loot.

Loot is only respawned in town, trailerpark and farm zones and if a map has not had these zones added then no area of that map will respawn loot.

These "foraging" zones SHOULD be inlcuded in any map mod that has chunkdata.bin (any map mod made or updated since Sept 2015) files alongside its lotheader and lotpack files, but it's possible some may not. These can be added to pre-existing map mods, but only by the map author as it requires the original files, not the distrubuted mod files that steam downloads.

Also, respawning only happens in an area when its chunk is re-loaded from the hard drive (and it meets the respawn rules set by the server).