Workshop Page:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=860479137

screeny.jpgScreenshot 2017-02-09 15.54.05.jpgScreenshot 2017-02-09 15.58.14.jpg

Screenshot 2017-02-09 15.57.25.jpg

Screenshot 2017-02-09 15.57.03.jpg

This is a map I've been working on. It is a continuation of a map I started for Nolan's Survivor Mod. Please note you cannot use Nolan's Survivor Mod at the same time you use this map.

Title:Valley Station Military Outpost

Version:1.1

Size: 1 Cell

Cell Location: 41,14 http://map.projectzomboid.com/?desc=Survival_1xL0#0.8336425885023149,0.11389437032158789,237.37631379976963

Description:The military has created an outpost on the highway leaving Valley Station. All knowledge of this outpost is classified, who knows what you'll discover!

Edited by Capt_Paradox
Screenys

Updated To Valley Station Military Outpost to Version 1.2

Version 1.2
-Changed Vegetation to a darker green for most areas
-Changed Sniper Towers at entrance:Better railings
-Corrected some room spawns
-New Waterfront area
-Added New building still WIP
-Moved back Entrance to Hillside/Bunker

a.jpgb.jpgc.jpgd.jpge.jpgf.jpgg.jpg

Screenshot 2017-02-11 15.17.15.jpg

Edited by Capt_Paradox

Update update: Piers will be added back again in the next update. I tried to prevent zombies from jumping on water tiles, but due to the lack of visibility after making railings non-hoppable it wasn't that helpful.  So I'll try to think of another fix, but either way Piers will return.

V1.3

- Fixed Docks: The piers were nice, but allowed zombies to jump over railings and got stuck on water tiles. So they were removed for now.
- Removed fence between docks and main base area
- Added a Ship: Couldn't attach it to the Docks because of zombie behavior causing them to jump into water so I made a spot by the survivors shelter to dock.
- Fixed some minor problems with vegetation and props

a.jpg

Edited by Capt_Paradox

New custom items/props for my map, screenshots included. Plan on updating tomorrow.

Screenshot 2017-02-19 13.40.34.pngMicroscope, vials with blood, and lab flask

Screenshot 2017-02-19 13.44.04.pngCommunications Antenna for my bunker

Screenshot 2017-02-19 13.44.57.pngIBU Magnetic tape servers/mainframes

Screenshot 2017-02-19 16.56.50.pngDifferent iterations of IBU Personal Computers based off of 1990's era IBM Personal Computers.

Plan on adding those and maybe a few more to my map tomorrow let me know what you all think, especially about the computers. I'm limited with monitor shape/size and computer/keyboard size due to the depth of counters.

I'm tired, night all!

Version 1.4

- Textures got bugged out during export/replaced some custom textures with my backups to prevent artifacts.
- Removed some improperly placed props(lightswitches etc).
- Added Custom Props/Textures: Microscope, Lab Flask, Blood Vials, Pack of Cigs, Ashtray, Can of Cola, Keyboard, Green Screen Computers, IBU Server/Mainframes, Communications Antenna, Bunker warning sign (currently hard to read but it says "Warning - Non-Military Personnel Will Be Shot On Sight" and more to come soon!
- Piers removed on the docks have been returned!
- Fixed some landscape/pathway alignments.

Coming soon:
- More Props
- Fix doorways made for Nolan's Survivors mod (Originally door ways were made without doors as a foyer to prevent exterior doors from ever locking, used as a work around for his NPC's) Will be replaced with normal Doorways.
- Add and detail Lab/Research building below the Bunker.
- Add Zoning
- Make my map multiplayer friendly (sledge prevention to keep people from blasting through my hillside).

a0.pngFixed brown artifacts on side of ship :P

a1.jpgGreen screen computers(IBU Personal Computer) sadly not as pretty in scaled 1x, but at least 1x players will be able to enjoy them too. (Also pack of smokes, Can of Cola and Ashtray included in this pic)

a2.jpg

IBU Servers/Mainframes, keyboard in front of monitors. Should consider making a custom large table later on....

and of course

g.jpg

The piers have returned, enjoy depressed zeds committing suicide over the railings or use it as a shooting range! Either way they are back!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

So.... it's been awhile.

Decided to push an update forward even though I still have a lot of WIP.

I've been struggling with design/render issues with one of my new areas "The Rocket" so it's held me back from detail work and other expansions.

Either way, enjoy!

Version 1.5

- Updated Lab by back bunker: Medical Room, Autopsy Room, Staff Room, Offices, Computer Room and detailed some things.
- Added 3 New Barracks buildings (WIP)
- Added Rocket Launch Pad and Viewing Room (WIP) : I have been having issues regarding height of rocket as well as rendering. There is a possible alternative launch pad I have built that is still being tweaked to see if it is a viable replacement.

More updates coming soon, you will notice I have pushed back the Bunker to towards the back of my map. 

This will hopefully allow me more room to build and develop some new areas for you to explore.
59ee80e3394f3_Screenshot2017-10-2318_37_53.png.f22e8b5945bbb4caa5298e366764f94d.png

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.thumb.jpg.416f46cfdc1107dab09c072f448badbe.jpg

jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj.thumb.jpg.42f76b5b1ee70709ee204fa17f123e4d.jpg

59ee81138fde8_Screenshot2017-10-2318_19_43.thumb.png.6b433c95401a59b03d13c8bdcfe3431d.png

59ee8104d6bae_Screenshot2017-10-2318_22_01.thumb.png.bf1e43d0e6db8106f0b95abf2681c603.png

59ee812b3220a_Screenshot2017-10-2318_21_36.thumb.png.8e2aad8dcfb1fe8d8ada5a43e86c13bd.png

Hey, you should ask for some help in the community threads here so you could make that rocket and maybe some of your other custom objects fit more into the PZ world! Awesome addition and great to see you back! Give it a try, there's bound to be people who could help, even if by a little. :D Good luck and I hope to see an expansion maybe.

I'd consider it but I kind of enjoy making my shitty props :P. The small ones I don't mind adding something here and there.

The problem with the rocket is how big it is. I originally made it 11 stories and got carried away. So I tried a few ways to reduce it's size. I actually took down 3 stories of my rocket to make it fit.  I guess I'd be curious to see what other people could do so maybe I'll see if anyone is interested. Thanks for the suggestion.

I see a lot of people ripping images from other games, that's fine but I'd prefer all the stuff I add to be original by me or them.

This screeny below is another attempt at a launch pad I was working on yesterday too. I actually like it better than my other one. The only problem is the launch towers to the left and right are so tall that it creates a lot of visibility issues with that many floors (didn't use to render floors, in shadows from outside the buildings but the game does now).

My next idea might be to consider a launch pad off the water even (as there are other things I could do with the land).

image.thumb.png.4fa243d14d27904a8bdb38a9dca8cd84.png

https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/23122-looking-for-artists-for-custom-textures-and-buildings/

Looking for people to help so I'm crosslinking the threads in this post ^^^^ Hopefully LegoLand99's suggestion works and I get to bring this map to life with some awesome community inspired props. Thanks!

Edited by Capt_Paradox

For the bunker, have you tried adding more grass levels/floors above the bunker and then place trees ? You could make the bunker climbable by adding stairs to certain areas and then covering them with ground, and they work as hills. For example like a trail of some sort or something, and at the same time you could build more levels or sub-levels by doing just that.  

Also, the second (white) launch pad looks way better than the one before. I'd suggest you use the industrial large metal bars for the two towers as they might go better, or just add them. You could make a whole square shaped crane-like thing to hold the rocket. Also, if the rocket does not fit, make it seem like the rocket is underneath, in a silo (no more rocket and you design what looks like an underground silo large double hatch. Rockets in general are not left out in the open, even before launch. I'd also suggest a weapon depo if there's none yet, a food and a tool one also. You could re-texture the red double bunk-beds that are in the game and make them green like the beds, thus adding a whole new custom tile to PZ and making it look army like by using the army bed texture on it. Hope this helps !

ScreenShot_20171024211100.png

1 hour ago, Legoland99 said:

For the bunker, have you tried adding more grass levels/floors above the bunker and then place trees ? Because of the tiles used for bunker making they are a tad bit different than normal grass tiles, placing stuff on the side of it doesn't work that way. You could make the bunker climbable by adding stairs to certain areas and then covering them with ground, The problem with that is the angled tiles aren't solid, you can actually walk through them. Which is why the whole hillside is fenced off and I added stairs in the center to reach the top.  and they work as hills. For example like a trail of some sort or something, and at the same time you could build more levels or sub-levels by doing just that.  Again due to render issues with how it looks under 5 floors of tiles you also have to keep the bunker away from the edges of the hillside(underneath) otherwise you run into clipping issues/visibility issues as well too.

Also, the second (white) launch pad looks way better than the one before. I agree I like it better as well. I'd suggest you use the industrial large metal bars for the two towers as they might go better, or just add them. You could make a whole square shaped crane-like thing to hold the rocket. I've considered that as a possibility but I also want the player to at least go to the top of the rocket if they want, so stairs of some form will most likely need to be utilized.  Also, if the rocket does not fit, make it seem like the rocket is underneath, in a silo (no more rocket and you design what looks like an underground silo large double hatch. Rockets in general are not left out in the open, even before launch.This is also why you see silo doors on the hilltop of the bunker I originally intended to make a rocket silo in the bunker, but due to the rendering issues with multiple levels and the strange shadowing/clipping through the side of the hills with no solids it wasn't viable. I just imagine that this was a last effort attempt before the outbreak that never made it to the point of firing, Which explains it's look and why it's out in the open. I'd also suggest a weapon depo if there's none yet, a food and a tool one also. Earlier on in this map I have a gymnasium/cafeteria that served for some of this function, there is also troop barracks(recently added) along with some barracks in the bunker that has it's own armory attached to it. Both in the Cafeteria and the bunker barracks I utilize the Green Army Cots. You could re-texture the red double bunk-beds that are in the game and make them green like the beds, thus adding a whole new custom tile to PZ and making it look army like by using the army bed texture on it. Hope this helps !

Input is always great. I'm guessing you haven't checked it out yet though? That's cool, but you missed out all the conversations I had about making bunkers about a year ago. Many have tried and there are quite a few reasons for why no one has successfully completed one. As far as I know my map has the only functional bunker ever made. That's only because I keep it as simple as possible and there are still things wrong with it.

In MP people can wreck the outside walls and walk into the angled hill tiles and sledge into the bunker.

The stairs use too glitch out running down the hillside and sometimes you'd get stuck. I think I fixed that if I remember.

Plants and tree's clip in to the sides of the hill so when you are under the bunker or walking down it just looks ridiculous :\

There's probably tons more I'm forgetting. But yeah it took months and really sucked.........Glad it's done.

Blackbeards Example/Attempt at a bunker:

basetut.jpg

This other pic gives a great example how the rendering issues that happens sometimes when climbing my bunker.

59ef9f2b205f4_Screenshot2017-01-3115_34_34.thumb.png.df5fae8613c102f353d085508a7c74f0.png

Looking back I have to say Rico had a good suggestion about adding water tiles to prevent people from being able to sledge into my bunker. For some reason I remember trying that too, but can't remember what went wrong with that plan.

(Your thoughts are giving me PTSD remembering all the work it took just to make this functional) *Panic Moodle*

PTSD ? I've got over 400+ buildings done in my pack and I have to finish 200 more by the end of this year ;-; And I'm not even talking about furnishing XD. 

Maybe add the water tiles and check that out ;)  Would probably help, and hopefully have no issues. Also, you could maybe put the bunker a bit more into the mountain so that vegetation won't be seen as easy ? (have you tried with the build 38 to see?) Another thing, if you fixed the stairs, can it be climbable then and not get stuck anymore ? Thanks for taking the time to answer. And also, maybe add a double texture of the grass to overlay it and solve it ? I'm not good at mapping but just wondering.

• 4 weeks later...

So I wasn't very happy with the way my launch pad was going. I tried a few different variations and between the shadowing of tall buildings, confusing mesh walkways and my bad rocket sprite that was too tall (had to chop parts out to make it fit) I think I'm going to scrap that idea for now.

So here are a couple of questions for everyone:

Add more residential?

Scrap the Bunker/ Leave the Bunker/ Rebuild the Bunker?

Add 3rd Party sprites to make it look more of a Military outpost? (Military sprites are very limited and I prefer not to use non-pz ones).

Either way let me know what you think, because I want to start on a new more serious map soon. But I don't want to leave this one all half-ass'd either.

Thanks!

I think that you should be doing some military residential buildings, a small town for example or hastily built plaster houses after the infection hit and spread to acomodate the families of the soldiers maybe. Plaster houses are basically isolation and wood, easy to punch through and build, so they should be simple and most likely glued next to each other like the ones in March Ridge. A few more storehouses, one for weapons, one for tools, one for food, clothing etc. The canteen should have more tables and the buffet should be a bit bigger. I'd suggest making the rocket pod an enclosed fenced area which is elevated 1 floor, made of grass, and has a round hole in the middle with lines that make it look like a double door trap that opens to reveal a rocket. The best part is that you might only need some signs like "rocket fuel in use" or something like that and it would be pretty understandable that that's a rocket silo. You should make the silo a bit more off in a forestry area, possibly expand it a bit. Small silo's are usually in the field and away from the base in case it explodes underground, be it nuclear or not, so that it won't cause sufficient damage to the facility itself.