All player made Building Archives Verison: 3 - 4/7/2022

Blackbeard06

I've managed to search the forums of every player made building and assembled them all into one archive. In addition I have created this forum post that organizes all the buildings to make searching very fast. (link down below) This would hopefully help mappers easily find and use buildings to save some time. As I was looking at each players contributions about 35% had dead links, so I could not get all of them. Also if the buildings required custom tiles I did not include them as there were no working links. 

Categories;

• City - Spaces
  • Commercial

Apartments

Automotive

Businesses

City Buildings

Entertainment

Merchandise

Recreational

Restaurant

Shop

• Industry

Construction

Warehouse

Misc.

• Military
  • Public Service

Education

Fire

Hospital

Municipal

Police

Religion

• Residential
  • Special
  • Incomplete
  • Needs Thumbnails

This greatly improves finding which building you need rather than wasting time searching.  I have also added Pictures so most buildings in the archive now comes with a picture you can view before opening.

Database Statistics:

Total Artists contributions:

Commercial Buildings:

Industry Buildings:

Military Buildings:

Residential Buildings:

Special Buildings: (doesn't fit in any category)

Buildings in total:

Total Rooms:
6,825 (estimate)

Total Size:
938mb

Total Man Hours:
670.00 (estimate)

Now hosting on steam! 

Building Pool V2: (all buildings)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2790725628

Building Pool V3: (error free, cherry picked)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=279072623

A very Spacial thanks to;

Atoxwarrior

BeastlyBean

Blackbeard06

cmseter

DavidBlane

dko112

DoctahWong

Doublebrain

EUDOXIO

fluffe9911

GothicGhost

grivcin

Jela331

kaizokuroof

Kennethdio

Leolvanov

mads232

Mainulainen

Neutralnz1

Project Zomboid (for 2 example buildings)

rsdworker

Sieben

srandiny

The googlator

Traya Aclus

Valindil

Veged

VikiDikRUS

Way2sp00ky

Z3759xy

IndigoRebel
zoeyflower

For all your hard work and dedication!

If you have buildings you should add it to the database Simply create a folder with your name and add all your building .tbx files into it then send me a download link. Feel free to add any pictures.

If anyone does not want their creations in this archive let me know and I will remove them. Since I am dealing with a lot of files, I will need you to provide the building names.

One last thing. Please credit the original artist if you plan to use any of these buildings in your creations.

Edited by Blackbeard06
new updates, improved UX

xaxaxaxa my buildings are all Useless right now because I realized i messed up the internal names cause Queen Glory=Stupid dumb-ass (exept ones with Drop box links those i've fixed)

Though thanks for taking time out of your day to do something like this, will really help future map makers.

Edited by Queen Glory

@Unicorn The file is compressed using winrar, its a free tool that can compress files. You will need a tool to decompress the files You can use winrar or 7zip. Google does not allow previews of files that have been compressed.

7zip

http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

winrar

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

It is best practice to compress the files when transferring them, especially when transferred over the internet.

I have just downloaded the files and decompressed them and are working, if you still have problems let me know!

Hey, I was actually wondering something and maybe you can help?
Like, when I try to make buildings, some tiles are still ?'s. All important tiles are fine, but everything except one railing in the railing section are ?'s. Do you know how to fix this?

(Sorry if you can't answer/doesn't belong!)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:19 AM, Queen Glory said:

xaxaxaxa my buildings are all Useless right now because I realized i messed up the internal names cause Queen Glory=Stupid dumb-ass (exept ones with Drop box links those i've fixed)

Though thanks for taking time out of your day to do something like this, will really help future map makers.

You made a very beautiful large office building I have seen in several YouTube tutorials which show the link that no longer exists. If you still have it, can you please repost that office building. Thanks. It was labled motel1.tbx.

Edited by Lord-Xanthor

Heh, ended up editing this  before anyone got  a chance to reply to it. Anyway, I got into the building editor and started taking a look at the building that was giving me an issue with the stairwells where if you try to use one, you pass right through it. Now that I found them, I'm stuck at what would be needed to get them to work. I had assumed their were hidden teleports like I seen in other games where a user doesn't see them, but walking by the step transports them to a designated spot which gives the illusion you walked upstairs or downstairs. Now that I see there is nothing like that, what would cause someone trying to use a stairwell to pass through? If I am able to find out, Id hopefully be able to fix some buildings doing just exactly what I said above. Thanks.

Edited by Lord-Xanthor

3 hours ago, Lord-Xanthor said:

Heh, ended up editing this  before anyone got  a chance to reply to it. Anyway, I got into the building editor and started taking a look at the building that was giving me an issue with the stairwells where if you try to use one, you pass right through it. Now that I found them, I'm stuck at what would be needed to get them to work. I had assumed their were hidden teleports like I seen in other games where a user doesn't see them, but walking by the step transports them to a designated spot which gives the illusion you walked upstairs or downstairs. Now that I see there is nothing like that, what would cause someone trying to use a stairwell to pass through? If I am able to find out, Id hopefully be able to fix some buildings doing just exactly what I said above. Thanks.

You might be using Tile Mode, get out of it and use ISO mode for stairs.

Click the Stairs Icon on the top toolbar, then Stairs on the right side menu, select the stairs you want. Then place them in the editor.stairs.thumb.png.601cca85024ecc9e0d710f88fa087e80.png

stairs2.thumb.png.d67a7830df2dfe7d9c790e2809a27173.png

Edited by Capt_Paradox
Screeny

10 hours ago, Lord-Xanthor said:

You made a very beautiful large office building I have seen in several YouTube tutorials which show the link that no longer exists. If you still have it, can you please repost that office building. Thanks. It was labled motel1.tbx.

Well, Motel one is supposed to be a garbage motel that'd you find in a poor area. I still have the files for it and I believe I fixed the room errors on that one. However it's not updated to the most recent version of tilezed. If you want you can find the motel and some other buildings here: https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/19205-queen-glorys-buildings-thread/

Motel 1.png

1 hour ago, Queen Glory said:

Well, Motel one is supposed to be a garbage motel that'd you find in a poor area. I still have the files for it and I believe I fixed the room errors on that one. However it's not updated to the most recent version of tilezed. If you want you can find the motel and some other buildings here: https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/19205-queen-glorys-buildings-thread/

Motel 1.png

It's not a motel, its an office building you created, and it's beautiful! The YouTube video tutorial that showed it actually has the link in it, the same one you just gave me except you deleted the link at some point due to an issue? Saw a lot of theindiestone videos, especially on some type of creative editor that I cant find either here. That video was from February of 2016 and the demonstration given has me baffled on how such a great utility, is hard to find now.  Ill include a copy of the creative mode snapshot here too.

2017-12-07 (1).png

2017-12-07 (2).png

Sorry guys, been busy and took a break from Project Zomboid. I love this game and usually take breaks to prevent burning out on it. I am still working on this project, however I have been working on how to make mods in the game. I will be updating this as soon as I get a chance.

14 hours ago, Blackbeard06 said:

Sorry guys, been busy and took a break from Project Zomboid. I love this game and usually take breaks to prevent burning out on it. I am still working on this project, however I have been working on how to make mods in the game. I will be updating this as soon as I get a chance.

Your the one who is making the Creative mode for the game?

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 1:25 PM, Capt_Paradox said:

You might be using Tile Mode, get out of it and use ISO mode for stairs.

Click the Stairs Icon on the top toolbar, then Stairs on the right side menu, select the stairs you want. Then place them in the editor.stairs.thumb.png.601cca85024ecc9e0d710f88fa087e80.png

stairs2.thumb.png.d67a7830df2dfe7d9c790e2809a27173.png

Thanks for the info. You were right, I was using the tile editor. Found the building editor and worked from there. I resaved under a different name but discovered I really didn't have to delete all the stairs and replace them. Turns out, just loading them into the building editor, then resaving puts in the correct information so the building works, or at least this is what happened with the big office building I could not access the floors on earlier.

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 7:15 PM, Blackbeard06 said:

I've managed to search the forums of every player made building and assembled them all into one archive. This would hopefully help mappers easily find and use buildings to save some time. As I was looking at each players contributions about 25% had dead links, so I could not get all of them. Also if the buildings required custom tiles I did not include them as there were no working links.

3/29/17 Update

I have fixed possibly 100s of buildings that had issues, missing tiles, red ?'s, and removed duplicates. (If anyone has fixed any yourselves please let me know so I can add the fixed building to the pool!)

I have added two new artists to the pool with their recent work.

I have also changed the format on building categories.  As of now all buildings will be organized by the following types;

• Commercial
  • Industry
  • Military
  • Residential
  • Special

This greatly improves finding which building you need rather than wasting minutes to search.  I have also added Pictures so every building in the archive now comes with a picture you can view before opening.

Database Statistics:

Total Artists contributions:

Commercial Buildings:

Industry Buildings:

Military Buildings:

Residential Buildings:

Special Buildings: (doesn't fit in any category)

Buildings in total:

Total Rooms:
5,710 (estimate)

Total Size:
220mb

Total Man Hours:
400.00 (estimate)

Due to the complexity and staggering amount of recent buildings added, I'm going to have to make a website which shows pictures, the proper custom tiles, and tbx files themselves. This will take some time and once it's finished Ill let you all know. ~Update~ currently I am still working on the back-end of the database and have ran into some issues. For now I will continue to use google drive to host the database.

All buildings compressed & organized. Updated 3/29/2017

A very Spacial thanks to;

Atoxwarrior

BeastlyBean

Blackbeard06

cmseter

dko112

DoctahWong

Doublebrain

EUDOXIO

fluffe9911

GothicGhost

grivcin

Jela331

kaizokuroof

Leolvanov

mads232

Mainulainen

Neutralnz1

Project Zomboid (for 2 example buildings)

rsdworker

Sieben

srandiny

The googlator

Traya Aclus

Valindil

Veged

VikiDikRUS

Way2sp00ky

Z3759xy

IndigoRebel
zoeyflower

For all your hard work and dedication!

If you have buildings you should add it to the database Simply create a folder with your name and add all your building .tbx files into it then send me a download link. Feel free to add any pictures.

If anyone does not want their creations in this archive let me know and I will remove them. Since I am dealing with a lot of files, I will need you to provide the building names.

One last thing. Please credit the original artist if you plan to use any of these buildings in your creations.

Crazy question. Is this your video?

If it is, you ask people to message you if they have any questions, but you don't have private messages enabled. Left you some comments on two of your videos if this is you, that I gather you don't visit often.

• Blackbeard06 changed the title to All player made Building Archives Verison: 3 - 4/7/2022