All player made Building Archives Updated 3/29/17~
4 4

34 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

On 12/7/2017 at 7:55 PM, Lord-Xanthor said:

It's not a motel, its an office building you created, and it's beautiful! The YouTube video tutorial that showed it actually has the link in it, the same one you just gave me except you deleted the link at some point due to an issue? Saw a lot of theindiestone videos, especially on some type of creative editor that I cant find either here. That video was from February of 2016 and the demonstration given has me baffled on how such a great utility, is hard to find now.  Ill include a copy of the creative mode snapshot here too.

2017-12-07 (1).png

 

That is quite possibly one of the ones that I had deleted because I was too lazy to fix or it had some other issues with it. I will go look for it and edit this post with what I find. (I didn't know anyone used one of my buildings in a tutorial lol, this was one of my first buildings I ever created and it has some flaws. It could do with a little makeover. The extreme amount of glass windows is based off of one of the all glass window towers you'd find in Houston, Texas.)

 

I've found the building, here's a dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z7w2jelpujcvea5/Office building 1.tbx?dl=0 The internal names need to be updated so it spawns loot accordingly which I will do at a later date. If you want it now though it's available here.

Edited by Queen Glory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Queen Glory said:

That is quite possibly one of the ones that I had deleted because I was too lazy to fix or it had some other issues with it. I will go look for it and edit this post with what I find. (I didn't know anyone used one of my buildings in a tutorial lol, this was one of my first buildings I ever created and it has some flaws. It could do with a little makeover. The extreme amount of glass windows is based off of one of the all glass window towers you'd find in Houston, Texas.)

 

I've found the building, here's a dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z7w2jelpujcvea5/Office building 1.tbx?dl=0 The internal names need to be updated so it spawns loot accordingly which I will do at a later date. If you want it now though it's available here.

Thanks so much QG. I didn't know you had to put something in to spawn loot, but the fact I do know now, will try myself. It took time for me to learn the ropes on spawning a working map, which so far have done without any issues. Designing buildings and what spawns in them next step. Again, thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord-Xanthor said:

Thanks so much QG. I didn't know you had to put something in to spawn loot, but the fact I do know now, will try myself. It took time for me to learn the ropes on spawning a working map, which so far have done without any issues. Designing buildings and what spawns in them next step. Again, thanks!

I actually don't know, but it's a fairly certain assumption for me that internal names are directly correlated to the type of loot that rooms spawns (better safe then sorry). I didn't figure that until later, there's a thread somewhere that has all the internal names. If you could actually find that and link it for me that would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Queen Glory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Queen Glory said:

I actually don't know, but it's a fairly certain assumption for me that internal names are directly correlated to the type of loot that rooms spawns (better safe then sorry). I didn't figure that until later, there's a thread somewhere that has all the internal names. If you could actually find that and link it for me that would be greatly appreciated.

I actually found a section regarding loot, but from what I can see, it has nothing to do with the building, it has to do with the item itself, like vending machine, fridge, etc. This what your looking for?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Lord-Xanthor said:

I actually found a section regarding loot, but from what I can see, it has nothing to do with the building, it has to do with the item itself, like vending machine, fridge, etc. This what your looking for?

 

Well if it's not that I do believe somewhere they mentioned internal names effected zombie pathfinding? There's a reason they have the list of them I'll see if I can't find the reason why.

Edit: It seem you're right as in internal names don't effect loot spawns, though I'm still confused because I swear there was a thread once that had all of the internal names on it and there's a reason that they had it.

Edited by Queen Glory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lord-Xanthor said:

I noticed one of Ringod tutorials, an older one has information about building configurations, but unfortunately as you can see by the below link, they are old links from your old website so either got deleted or moved somewhere?

 

 

 

I believe this is where you used to be able to find the internal room definitions. Who knows, they may not be needed anymore?

Capture.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Queen Glory said:

I believe this is where you used to be able to find the internal room definitions. Who knows, they may not be needed anymore?

Capture.PNG

Tough question, least for me to answer. One thing I do know, or at least I think I do is the building editor makes changes to certain files when you do things like adding your own graphics. I'm actually looking into what exactly control those because some houses in that huge list, have question marks and unless another graphic is picked for it, they can't be used or the map errors when trying to convert it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I discovered something really interesting. I was placing several buildings, one gave error which meant a graphic that was part of it could not be loaded, so loaded the building into building editor which is named InApBl_by_7.tbx, and saw a swing set that is part of the built in park. Was wondering if the graphics were really missing, so looked into the tiles folder and low and behold I find location_community_park_01.png and realized, the graphics are actually there. They are just not loading in. Is this a game bug or does something need to be edited to get those graphics loading? And if I have to edit my side, most likely family and friends have to fix it on their side as well? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
4 4