All player made Building Archives Verison: 3 - 4/7/2022

Blackbeard06

On 12/7/2017 at 7:55 PM, Lord-Xanthor said:

It's not a motel, its an office building you created, and it's beautiful! The YouTube video tutorial that showed it actually has the link in it, the same one you just gave me except you deleted the link at some point due to an issue? Saw a lot of theindiestone videos, especially on some type of creative editor that I cant find either here. That video was from February of 2016 and the demonstration given has me baffled on how such a great utility, is hard to find now.  Ill include a copy of the creative mode snapshot here too.

2017-12-07 (1).png

That is quite possibly one of the ones that I had deleted because I was too lazy to fix or it had some other issues with it. I will go look for it and edit this post with what I find. (I didn't know anyone used one of my buildings in a tutorial lol, this was one of my first buildings I ever created and it has some flaws. It could do with a little makeover. The extreme amount of glass windows is based off of one of the all glass window towers you'd find in Houston, Texas.)

I've found the building, here's a dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z7w2jelpujcvea5/Office building 1.tbx?dl=0 The internal names need to be updated so it spawns loot accordingly which I will do at a later date. If you want it now though it's available here.

Edited by Queen Glory

3 hours ago, Queen Glory said:

That is quite possibly one of the ones that I had deleted because I was too lazy to fix or it had some other issues with it. I will go look for it and edit this post with what I find. (I didn't know anyone used one of my buildings in a tutorial lol, this was one of my first buildings I ever created and it has some flaws. It could do with a little makeover. The extreme amount of glass windows is based off of one of the all glass window towers you'd find in Houston, Texas.)

I've found the building, here's a dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z7w2jelpujcvea5/Office building 1.tbx?dl=0 The internal names need to be updated so it spawns loot accordingly which I will do at a later date. If you want it now though it's available here.

Thanks so much QG. I didn't know you had to put something in to spawn loot, but the fact I do know now, will try myself. It took time for me to learn the ropes on spawning a working map, which so far have done without any issues. Designing buildings and what spawns in them next step. Again, thanks!

1 hour ago, Lord-Xanthor said:

Thanks so much QG. I didn't know you had to put something in to spawn loot, but the fact I do know now, will try myself. It took time for me to learn the ropes on spawning a working map, which so far have done without any issues. Designing buildings and what spawns in them next step. Again, thanks!

I actually don't know, but it's a fairly certain assumption for me that internal names are directly correlated to the type of loot that rooms spawns (better safe then sorry). I didn't figure that until later, there's a thread somewhere that has all the internal names. If you could actually find that and link it for me that would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Queen Glory

6 hours ago, Queen Glory said:

I actually don't know, but it's a fairly certain assumption for me that internal names are directly correlated to the type of loot that rooms spawns (better safe then sorry). I didn't figure that until later, there's a thread somewhere that has all the internal names. If you could actually find that and link it for me that would be greatly appreciated.

I actually found a section regarding loot, but from what I can see, it has nothing to do with the building, it has to do with the item itself, like vending machine, fridge, etc. This what your looking for?

12 hours ago, Lord-Xanthor said:

I actually found a section regarding loot, but from what I can see, it has nothing to do with the building, it has to do with the item itself, like vending machine, fridge, etc. This what your looking for?

Well if it's not that I do believe somewhere they mentioned internal names effected zombie pathfinding? There's a reason they have the list of them I'll see if I can't find the reason why.

Edit: It seem you're right as in internal names don't effect loot spawns, though I'm still confused because I swear there was a thread once that had all of the internal names on it and there's a reason that they had it.

Edited by Queen Glory

8 hours ago, Lord-Xanthor said:

I noticed one of Ringod tutorials, an older one has information about building configurations, but unfortunately as you can see by the below link, they are old links from your old website so either got deleted or moved somewhere?

I believe this is where you used to be able to find the internal room definitions. Who knows, they may not be needed anymore?

Capture.PNG

48 minutes ago, Queen Glory said:

I believe this is where you used to be able to find the internal room definitions. Who knows, they may not be needed anymore?

Capture.PNG

Tough question, least for me to answer. One thing I do know, or at least I think I do is the building editor makes changes to certain files when you do things like adding your own graphics. I'm actually looking into what exactly control those because some houses in that huge list, have question marks and unless another graphic is picked for it, they can't be used or the map errors when trying to convert it.

Ok, I discovered something really interesting. I was placing several buildings, one gave error which meant a graphic that was part of it could not be loaded, so loaded the building into building editor which is named InApBl_by_7.tbx, and saw a swing set that is part of the built in park. Was wondering if the graphics were really missing, so looked into the tiles folder and low and behold I find location_community_park_01.png and realized, the graphics are actually there. They are just not loading in. Is this a game bug or does something need to be edited to get those graphics loading? And if I have to edit my side, most likely family and friends have to fix it on their side as well? 

Found the area of issues. I'm not sure how this happened, but either something got missed during a pull request, or a Troll got the upper hand at some point, and messed up the original graphic plates. Either way, I'm trying to fix them and will post the pngs here for those of you who would like a full working set.

Edited by Lord-Xanthor

@Queen Glory I discovered another post today that mentions about making buildings and using special templates for that that decide the type of loot that spawn in them. I believe this is what your looking for? The links in some of the steps are dead, but it at least explains what your looking for and how the names have to be the same.

https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/21951-the-one-stop-tilezed-mapping-shop/

Sorry for the spam. I fixed the park template. I'm going to fix others as well but need some help with two things. One, is can someone tell me if there is something in the editor that would tell me what the "??" is from? The swing set was an easy find, but I am seeing other blocks with question marks and no clue how to identify what is missing. If I can identify what the item is, then I can locate the correct tile template and fix it. The other question is, once I get plenty of templates fixed, how would I go on getting them uploaded here? 

edit:

Another fix I just made was with the furniture_seating_outdoor_01.png file. That was an easy catch because I saw the mistake immediately which is one I made myself when using RPGmaker MV, and happens when you try editing or accidentally saving a graphics sheet in a program like Microsoft paint which doesn't look or see opacity settings and fills the entire page with black, so instead of each item being read in singly, it thinks that the page is one huge image.

edit #2:

Finally found a way to trace where the defective or missing art came from. If misaligned, I resize it to fit properly. I don't know how to code special stats like I see others have, so if a tile needs info, please link me to how it's done. In the mean time, if art is missing, I'm looking over the whole sheet for that subject and designing new tiles to fill the missing ones. If you like what I did, please let me know. (That is once I figure how to upload the fixed tile sets.)

edit #3:

This is a large unknown issue I found with a lot of buildings missing art. Instead of an item missing or not defined correctly, found the entire graphic png missing, and shows in red in the editor called vegetation_wall_01. After some research, it looks like there was a feature that got removed later on where plants like ivy would grow? Is this an item removed, or a planned implementation? If this feature is a canceled one, if someone can get me the original graphics png or animation, I can convert them to fill the gap.

edit#4:

I just made another fix, that basically took care of the issue with 80% of the buildings with missing tiles. Found the vine tile set named slightly differently so changed it to what the program was looking for, and woo-la, most of the building sets no longer have (??) in them. Glad I found the set because drawing art for a game you just started playing, that fits in isn't easy. Again, when I'm done, I'll put everything up with instructions on how to get the tile sets I fixed to load in that are red as well.

Edited by Lord-Xanthor

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am working on revising my servers and websites. I will also be updating the Building Pool to Version 2 containing all new buildings made from 2017 - 2019. My goal is to maintain an active updating schedule to keep the pool up to date and will be working towards that in the next week. Lots of awesome new content from the community!

Sorry guys, this is an active project for me so i'm only working on this and will not do anything else until it's done (working around my work schedule & other IRL to-do's). Got sick and had a fever for a few days, but now I'm back at it. I am not only adding the new buildings, but expanding this entirely. I am redesigning the website and adding more categories to increase productivity for new mappers and experienced builders.

Edited by Blackbeard06
progress update to version 2

Everything should be back in working order! I has in the process of redesigning and migrating all of my websites so naturally the Building Pool needed some love. I hope you guys like the new design. If you have any issues / comments / suggestions let me know and I'll be happy to fix what I can.

I have also updated the Pool with the latest buildings. To my surprise some links are dead, even after a year. So if you are uploading mods to the forum please try to find a reliable host.

Edited by Blackbeard06
videos // = mods oops..

i have removed the website because I am no longer hosting it. I have updated the google drive link and verified it still works. Currently I am resisting the urge to play Project Zomboid until Build 41 (animations) is public. Once it releases I will be updating all my mods and the building pool. I might even make some more tutorials!

• 1 year later...
  • Blackbeard06 changed the title to All player made Building Archives Verison: 3 - 4/7/2022