A Cylons Never Ending Nightmare

I've decided to record my death for the next regeneration/resurrection of myself. Which term you use is dependent on whether you're a BSG fan or a Whovian.

I just finished a fairly epic (in certain respects) 2 RL days play through. It lasted 1 month, 1 day, and change in-game. Spawned in the trailer park, picked my way around the neighborhood gathering supplies, looped south a bit and swung west heading for the highway after 2-3 days. Got penned inside a resturant for a night, gathered a whole bunch of food, then sneaked out a window and slept for a night in a house a couple houses to the east. Made my way up to the northern warehouse on the highway the next day, and spent 2 nights sleeping on the couch and consolidating the mountain of loot I had by then. Finally, in search of a place to call home I took the long way to the logging complex and settled down inside the middle building, initially planning to claim the whole building as my own but after 3 hordes showed up my first morning there I had to make a dash to get all my non-perishables and water/soda and take them to the little maintence supply room in the top left corner of the building. The next day I managed to slip out and gather about 80 berries, more than enough.

I lasted for 3 weeks inside a tiny little room eating 2 berries a day and being stingy with water (until I managed to grab some splintered door planks and some nails and throw up a rain barrel). 3 weeks and 1 day.

Until 17 zombies swarmed inside the window I was about to use to slip out and gather water. 17 out of the 200 standing around, as I saw right before one of them bit into my groin.

:cry:

New life/map, and I seem to be doing slightly better in some respects. I spawned in a house near the trailer park, grabbed some supplies, got food, got two good bags, and was generally picking my way west, heading towards some of the food joints so I could get water/soda bottles.

Then I had a string of really bad luck.

First an alarm tripped just north of the building I was about to enter, so I had to hide and hold my breath for 3 minutes. Then when I finally got into that building, IT had an alarm. I panicked and made a highway dash, narrowly avoiding the oncoming hordes streaming in from three directions. Finally, I got down to the southern gas station, which didn't have a single damn orange soda in the whole place!

At this point, having thoroughly been run out of town, I headed west to that kind of odd logging facility, specifically the "Alive Inside" building. Cleared the whole place out, checked all the crates and the crates in the building to the immediate north. I tried to check out the buildings to the southwest, but found a small/medium sized horde there (couple dozen of the rotting bastards) and changed my mind. Currently I'm on my 11th day and while I don't have a single water bottle, I did pick up 2 buckets, 2 pots, and 1 kettle which I have filled and stored as my reserve. I also managed to scrounge up some nails, 2 planks from a couple doors, and 2 planks from crates/dumpsters, which allowed me to craft a rain barrel on the roof. (Do rain barrels even work on rooftops?) (Never mind, they do)

I now have a gigantic freaking horde near me and I'm trying to skirt around it, staying out of the trees and inside the open complex area, to get to the berry bushes on the other side and maybe the south eastern building. If I don't get more food soon, I won't last very long if the horde comes inside the building.

I shall update tomorrow.

Crap. They're inside the building. Half a horde. Upside, there is no way in hell I'll run out of water any time soon, as I now have 8 rain barrels built on the roof. (Lots of nails inside the building, 2 fireaxe trips outside to the west to gather wood.)

Downside, I have no escape and only enough food for 3 weeks, maybe a month if I cut myself down to starvation rations. D:

and the invisible assholes who I apparently share the building with keep firing off frakking M16 and pistol shots in the middle of the night, FROM MY BUILDING! THE HORDE WILL NEVER LEAVE!

I managed to find some seeds, planted and watered them even. And by the time I got back inside the horde was inside again. I managed to make a dash and get on the roof, but it started raining and I got a cold. For 5 minutes a desperate hammer-swinging exhausted coughing sneezing starving me managed to bean about 14 zombies in the head. I died horribly.

I think this may be the first time I replay the map, because I never actually got to loot the town, and I only have the meager beginnings of a fort in that area. Not even any barricades, though if I manage to get out there again I will certainly change that.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived